The People You Meet Part One

The People You Meet Part One

A Story by Angie Michelle
"

Names have been changed for the individuals privacy

"
You can say I have met a lot of people. Yet again, you could also say I haven't even met one percent of the worlds population. But never the less these people have changed my life in some way or another. Now, of course, there are probably people that I have met that if I didn't then not much would have changed.  Not to say they are not important but they just didn't have that big of an impact in my life then some of the other people. 
The first one that comes to my mind was a child who I played with when I was just a four year old girl who visited her grandma's apartment almost everyday in Albuquerque, New Mexico. His full name, sadly, I can not recall. Only his initials that he went by are carved into my memory like initials in a tree-J. W. 
For years I have tried to remember what they stood for. John Williams, James Wilson, Jordan Wells, but nothing seemed to sound right. But this boy was my childhood "first love". We were always together, pretended to be married, play house, just always together. I remember waiting for him in the rain as he run from his parents bottom floor apartment to my grandma's top floor apartment to come and play with me. We didn't have much to play with or much to do but everyday I can remember with him was always a warm, beautiful feelings. 
All but for one day. They day we said goodbye for the last time. For us to never say "hello" to make up for the sad goodbye we always hated to say. The sun was shinning, the air was warm, the grass freshly cut, and fresh tears pouring down are sad little pale faces. We were in the door way of his home with otter pops in hand. His mother having a hand on his shoulder and my grandma holding my hand. We didn't say anything. Just looked at each other as if to try to remember what the other look like just in case we ran into each other again. The adults talked and I can remember how bitter and mad I was for moving. To be the one to leave someone my young mind thought I would never leave. 
I don't remember what was they last thing we said to each other that wasn't goodbye or some form of a farewell. Everything of him that I had was is now long gone. I heard that his family moved to New York or that was the plan but who knows. If I ever had met him sometime after that I don't know. Maybe I never will see him again and I'll just forget him completely. But I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon. 

Now you are probably wondering what this child has to do with anything with who I am today. Well, to be honest, I can only say that he is one of the people that showed me how to have friendship. If you don't have friendship it will be harder to care for people later on in life. Its not necessary your fault if you grew up with no friends. That just happened for many reasons that are out of your hands to control. You cant help it if people are mean, you cant make people understand, you cant force your self to be someone you are not. 
But his memory helps me in a way I didn't think would. It helps me soften my heart. Hopefully who ever reads this has someone like that in their life or at least a memory of that person.

Until next time...

© 2015 Angie Michelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on October 29, 2015
Last Updated on October 29, 2015

Author

Angie Michelle
Angie Michelle

Albuquerque, NM



About
Born in Albuquerque, NM and is still currently living there. A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If there is anything you should know about me is that once i set my mind to so.. more..

Writing