Shattered Mirror

Shattered Mirror

A Story by Rose Black
"

"What you do when you are two"

"

 She left work that day with a single thing in her mind she had to get leave and kill Mel, so Ruby could take over and live for them both. It was time. It took her mouths of preparing but she had to kill Mel herself.

               Mel was all Ruby wasn’t, sweet, kind, popular, she did everything by the book, but she was a pitifully miserable weak woman. She wanted to die. Ruby was going to do that for her. Ruby was going to free her and by freeing her free herself.

               Ruby was going to the plan one last time, preparing everything for the grand finally, the final act of Mel and the first of Ruby.

               Mel knew all that was going to happened, she knew that Ruby was coming for her, and she welcomed her with open harms. Mel welcomed the demon like a mother’s harms welcomes her child, she loved Ruby she loved the fire in her eyes the audacity to reinvent herself ate every step, the rebel, she wanted to be her.

               They were so close, their collision course as started so long ago, they were meant to find each other and love each other and finally free each other.

               They both arrived at that point the last stand.

               Mel arrived home, Ruby was there waiting for her.

               They had never been like this never been face to face, they knew each other like the back of their hands but never seen each other. Never before they had been so close.

               “Ruby” Mel whispered.

               “Mel we finally meet after so long” her reply sent a shiver down Mel’s spine, she was tingling with anticipation. ”Come here” she walked to her hands meet the rush of the end was like a drug coursing through Mel’s body and brain. Ruby kissed her deep and hard, Mel melted under her. They both drifted to the sofa and fell deeper and deeper into their pent up passion they wanted each other more them they ever wanted anything.

               Ruby was dominant demanding to contrast with giving and passive Mel.

               They were naked on Mel couch.

               Ruby stood up and took Mel’s hand and guided her to her room, their bodies intertwine like they were always meant to be one always meant to meet and love.

               They loved and fell in a slow slumber, as slept in each other’s harms.

               When the first rays of sunlight hit the windows both of them woke up it was time to be free Ruby left Mel in bed and went to the kitchen to prepare Mel’s last breakfast. She made their favorite blueberry pancakes and a freshly squeezed orange juice.

               Mel joined her they both shared the breakfast.

               “Ruby it’s time” " Ruby looked into her eyes it was it now was the moment Ruby wanted to cry but didn’t, Mel wanted to comfort her but didn’t.

               “I know” " it was almost a whisper.

               They went to the roof, both of them stood at the edge Ruby kissed Mel one last time.

               “Goodbye Mel”

               “Goodbye Ruby”

               Then she jumped.

 

 

               Ruby fell asleep on the roof crawled up in a ball.

               When she woke up she was alone at the roof, the rain that was starting to fall woke her. She stood up looking at the city that glistened with the rain. It was almost time for her therapist consult.

               She changed and went to her therapist expecting that this would be their last meeting. Leslie, her therapist, was sitting across her after a long silence Ruby finally spoke.

               “Mel is gone” " she didn’t look at her therapist she felt broken like she lost a part of herself.

               “After so long I wasn’t expecting this” " though she was worried she was calm and composed as her profession demanded. " “Tell me what happened.”

               “I did what you suggested instead of hating her for being weak I started learning to love her for the soft and caring person she was and I guess we made peace with one another and she and I became more caring and she became stronger, strong enough to let both of us be free… I don’t know” " Ruby had been so sure the night before now she just didn’t know where to go from here. - “I don’t know who o am anymore”

               “I know you are confused but this is what you have been striving for, ever since the accident all you ever wanted was being whole again”

               “I know that but I still… I can’t … I just don’t know … I know I’m not Mel and I’m not Ruby either …”

               “You are both and none them , you are the strong caring Honey Rublos” " as she said Ruby’s true name she tensed up and looked into her eyes, that’s it now she as finally figured it out. Mel was the projection of the part of her that was like her mother and Ruby was the projection of the girl that was like her father tough and loyal and strong. Now was time to say goodbye to Ruby too and go back to being just one complete Honey.

© 2014 Rose Black


Author's Note

Rose Black
...Based on a really weird dream iI had...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It was interesting, but I felt lost for most of the story. In the beginning, I wasn't sure who my narrator was, nor did I ever understand why she wanted to "kill" mel.
If your aiming for a surreal moment, when a schizophrenic/multiple personality disorder "kills" one of their personalities, I feel like I need to see more of who all my characters are and why they want to destroy each other. Do they want to be whole? Do they hate each other? Do they love each other?
I also would like to see more resolution/falling action at the end.

-Jaylynn

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. Dream stories are always interesting. And this one definitely lives up to that reputation. I was a little confused on the story, but after hearing that it was based on a dream, it seems as though it would be better not trying to explain the mystery. Just as is the story is beautiful and creepy. Post more of your dreams. I would love to read them.

Neurotically yours,
Mister Splitbrain

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rose Black

10 Years Ago

Thanks... But i've been soo tired I just can't remenber my dreams at all ...
Very good; I would base a story on a dream I had involving Jello and a pup tent, but I thought better of it; there might be kids reading!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rose Black

10 Years Ago

lol ... Now i'm intrigued =D
Michael Stevens

10 Years Ago

Oh, it's a complicated tale of a lonely guy who falls in love with the picture of an orange on a box.. read more
This was interesting and well written.Really weird dream indeed :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was interesting, but I felt lost for most of the story. In the beginning, I wasn't sure who my narrator was, nor did I ever understand why she wanted to "kill" mel.
If your aiming for a surreal moment, when a schizophrenic/multiple personality disorder "kills" one of their personalities, I feel like I need to see more of who all my characters are and why they want to destroy each other. Do they want to be whole? Do they hate each other? Do they love each other?
I also would like to see more resolution/falling action at the end.

-Jaylynn

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014
Tags: Suicide, Love, Psychological, Short Story, Split Personality

Author

Rose Black
Rose Black

OPorto, North, Portugal



Writing
Aventures Aventures

A Poem by Rose Black


The Chase The Chase

A Chapter by Rose Black


The Naked Guy The Naked Guy

A Chapter by Rose Black



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Abyss Abyss

A Poem by Rose Black


I knew I knew

A Poem by Rose Black