Reflections in fire

Reflections in fire

A Poem by Thisismythearpy
"

Just about sitting outside at night thinking about life and the universe and such. Another one of those depression pieces that just comes all of a sudden without any thought.

"

Reflection in fire when the flames of life have been doused. Waiting for nothing to happen but a continuation of hardship, I sit and relax under the stars. In the light polluted skies, I study each glimmer of life. 


Perhaps under these stars someone else has the same struggles, or maybe another person, studying my own star, is thinking about the same things as I. 


There is something about looking into the night sky that calms the mind. Humbling yourself at the thought that you are a single person versus billions of other lives, other stars, and even other galaxies. 


As the smoke from my pipe swirls on this warm summer night, I cannot help but hope everything will be alright. While pondering this, dark shadows of the forest creatures play in the night. Even these creatures share the same sky. Though we do not have the same worries, we have the connection of the sky and of life. They do not know of the passing time. However they continue to live. 


As do I.

© 2017 Thisismythearpy


Author's Note

Thisismythearpy
Just junk from the phone notes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 12, 2017
Last Updated on August 12, 2017
Tags: universe, life, galaxy

Author

Thisismythearpy
Thisismythearpy

Kingston, TN



About
Hello, my name is Chris. I just post the stuff I wrote in my notebook when I ran away home a little while ago when trying to run away from depression, ptsd, and what all caused it all. I'm dead inside.. more..

Writing