Jake

Jake

A Story by Annabelle
"

This is an essay of my cousin Jake giving me advice. It is written in one sentence purposely.

"

Jake

By: Annie Walk

 

Get enough sleep; wake up early enough to get everything you have to do done; enjoy your teenage years; be a family person; be a loving, sweet, caring individual; be a friend; don’t forget to pray every night; wake up every morning and count your blessings;listen to country music every once in awhile; tell the people you love how much you love them everyday; go out and get what you want; don’t be afraid to eat fast food every so often; don’t always drink water; don’t let what people think of you affect you going out and getting exactly what you want in life; don’t let the negativity in your life drag you down; when life gives you lemons, don’t hesitate to make lemonade; don’t be afraid to think outside of the box; love the Kardashians, just because you can; Just because she said your outfit is ugly, you’re not gonna wear it now?; embrace your culture; don’t act a certain way just because your skin is a different color than your friends; I just want to fit in; don’t take the next step with a boy you “love” until you’re for sure ready; don’t let a boy lie to you and keep going back to him; don’t let a boy embarrass you; keep your grades up; always do your homework; don’t not study; go to college; pick a major; stay independent; don’t rely on a man to pay the bills; be successful; live life to the fullest; have fun; go out; enjoy your time with your friends; is it true you put your friends before your grades?; don’t be needy; don’t talk about people behind their backs; always be a true friend; but I don’t put my grades before my friends; I’ve seen your report card, stay on top of your studies; love your parents; they won’t always be there for you; don’t take them for granted; this is how to be a good friend; this is the way you should embrace your high school career; this is how you should love your parents; you get annoyed with your parents but love them until the end of time; this is how you should be a good friend; this is how you embrace who you are; this is how you define your style; this is how you determine how fate treats you; this is how you become independent; this is how you become positive in such a negative world; this is how you deal with the haters; this is how you believe in yourself; when nobody else does; Why do you not love yourself? Why do you think you’re not pretty? This is how you find love in a hopeless place; this is how you beat adversity in such a monotone setting; this how to believe in fairytales when you’ve lost everything else to believe in; I’ve just never had self confidence or believed anybody when they have told me things like, “you’re so pretty.”; this is how to dream; this is how to enjoy your life; this is how your life should go; this is how you should love yourself; this is how to have great levels of ambition; this is how to make the most of what life has given you; this how to create your lifestyle for yourself; but if it wasn’t for me telling you all this as your cousin and your best friend, would you still succeed in life?

© 2016 Annabelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on December 4, 2016
Last Updated on December 4, 2016
Tags: life lessons, love, family

Author

Annabelle
Annabelle

Indianapolis, IN



About
Preschool teacher. College kid. Pitbull mommy. Girlfriend of James. more..

Writing
Adoption Adoption

A Story by Annabelle


Granddad Granddad

A Poem by Annabelle