What I felt in Facebook's developer conference?

What I felt in Facebook's developer conference?

A Story by Anna Brian

The Facebook developer conference was all about apps and that is why I went there. As a young Facebook app developer, I was really enthusiastic to learn more about Facebook developer platform and what changes are about to happen to application developers for Facebook. It wasn’t entertaining, yet the Facebook fixated its focus on its long term goal i.e. the development of apps to draw and keep users.

 

According to Mark Zuckerberg, “We want to build, grow and monetize your apps". I was one of the 2,500 Facebook app developers who were present there at the Facebook developers' conference.

 

During the developers’ conference, Facebook revealed a new version of Facebook Login with improved privacy control and new way to log in anonymously to apps without sharing personal information with Facebook app developers.

 

The last time Facebook conducted such large summit for Facebook developers’ community, it was back in 2011 and it featured Timeline which gave us a fresher perspective of this social media network.

 

According to Zuckerberg, “This is a different type of F8.” He adds that Facebook is about to change the perception that it only works with select software makers such as Zynga. He further promised that Facebook is fixating its focus on mobile apps and why not. As per the statistics, 1 billion Facebook users out of 1.28 billion, access it through their mobile phones.

 

Mobile will be the new way, how Facebook plans to attract the developer community. On the other hand, mobile advertising has fueled Facebook's revenue and elevated its stock price to nearly $60 per share. About 60% of Facebook's revenue comes via mobile ads.

 

The F8 conference also saw newly launched mobile ad network. Facebook also introduced the popular "Like" button for mobile users. Moreover, it announced a messenger button for apps so that fans can share content privately with their friends an families.

© 2014 Anna Brian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Anna Brian
Anna Brian

Fremont, CA



About
I am a web editor and blog writer by profession and an avid reader by passion. I am a computer science graduate who loves to keep an eye on the forefront of the technology. This way I keep learning ne.. more..

Writing