My First Love

My First Love

A Story by Ann

I had my first love at the age of sixteen. I don’t know whether I have to call it love. But at that time, I was sincere and serious about it. I saw him for the first time as a reflection on the mirrors, inside the washroom. To get a clearer vision ,I turned my head back, but he had already disappeared through the corridors. I followed him but I had completely abandoned my friends who had been waiting for my return. I ran up the stairs but he had disappeared by then. The teacher scolded me and my friends for having being late for the class. But I had lost my senses and had already started dreaming about him.
That was the first day of my eleventh grade. I had lost my mind completely as I had thought of being in love at the very first sight. I hadn't even seen him properly but I had fell for him. I loved maths very much as a subject. But I did a problem wrong for the first time in my entire school life, when my teacher asked to do it on the board for the students. It was a surprise for both, my teacher and my friends. I had opted computer-maths for my eleventh grade.
During lunch break, I came out of the class early and was in search of the boy. I had skipped my lunch and had searched for him everywhere. But I couldn’t find him. My friends had started feeling something fishy about my behaviour and had asked me twice already, but I didn’t answer them. I was disappointed after all those searching processes. I searched for him again after the class hours but I had to leave the school with a heavy heart. After having a sound sleep, I ignored the incident entirely. I attended the classes with a fresh mind and had brought myself back to my senses.
A week later, there was a selection camp for the school's basketball team. I was not interested in sports, but my friends forced me to watch this. Also, two of my friends were taking part in that selection. So I waited for it to start. I went to fill my water bottle and I suddenly came across a boy. He had worn a jersey. He came near me and drank water. I looked at him and recognized him immediately. It was the same boy I was searching for. Apparently, he was a basketball player. I returned to my position and watched the selection. I was really excited that I had found him.
It took me a week to gather information about him. The funniest part was that, he was from the class right next to mine and I had searched every nook and corner of the school for him, except this one class. His name was Varun and he was from the Biomaths class. He wanted to become a doctor. I found it very interesting, being a secretive investigation officer. It was a fun business. My friends called me crazy. Actually I was crazy. I had thought that I am in love with him. I spotted him everywhere, in the ground, in the corridors, in the library, even in the canteen. So I pictured it as mere coincidence. I expected him to be my soulmate. I assumed it all in my mind and the thing is that we hadn’t spoken yet.
One fine evening after the class, I gathered all my courage and decided to speak to him. My friends were there to support me and created possibilities for the meeting. Unfortunately there was a basketball match and he was in the team. So we watched the match and our school won the match. So I took this opportunity to meet him. He was too tired to be appreciated. So we went home and I decided to meet him in the morning itself just for the sake of appreciating him for the success.
I hurried to school early in the morning with a nice appearance. I found him in the verandah talking with his friends. I felt awkward but I called him by his name and appreciated for the last day’s match. He seemed very friendly and treated me in a familiar tone. I was very happy about that. After that day, the conversations occured on every other break time. My friends often teased me by his name. They even started calling him as my crush. I warned them for that but enjoyed a little bit. Whenever I saw him with a girl, I felt jealous but I was not ready to confess my feelings for him.
I sang a song for the annual day celebrations. Next day he came to me and said that the song was amazing. I blushed when I heard it from him. We became good friends. We entered the twelfth and were busy in the studies. In meantime he found a girl and I got depressed. She broke up with him which I was happy about because I got the chance to console him.
We became best friends. He cared for me so much, he helped me in my studies, he protected me from the guys when I fought with them. I felt very safe and secure in his hands and I loved his company. But I didn't dare to propose him and I was really scared of being rejected and losing his friendship. So I just waited. I was not sure about the relationship between us. I couldn't figure if it was love or just an infatuation. I was confused the whole time back in school. So I just kept those feelings within me. I acted very strong and bold before him and didn’t show any emotions before him. He never asked and I never said.
Now, he is a doctor as he had wished to be and I am a computer engineer. We are good friends. I am sitting in the chair to meet him after a long time. Finally I have realized that I am in love with him. He is the better half of me whom I'm destined to be with. He will enter the café in half-an-hour. I am brave enough to confess my love. I don’t know how he might take this, but I don't care if he'll accept me or not. But I'm sure that he will be a good friend of mine. Good friends may become good lovers. Let’s hope for the best…

© 2020 Ann


Author's Note

Ann
This is my first story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on February 16, 2020
Last Updated on February 16, 2020
Tags: Short story, story, love

Author

Ann
Ann