When the words became delicate

When the words became delicate

A Poem by Annelise

Love, where is it that you're going?
If you're not careful you'll rot in
that small Texas town.
The Med student by my side
the one with the brown eyes and slow smile
is going somewhere fast.
What is it you have to offer then?
With his hand on my waist, we walk through
Nashville underground art scenes
as he whispers that I look
like a 1920's film star, breath hot against my ear.
As we discuss music and art house films
playing at the Belcourt theatre
he kisses me in dark cafe corner
so soft it dissapears like vapor
into the Nashville nighlife
Your window is closing

© 2008 Annelise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is a lot of imagery in this. I like finding people who mention art in their writing. Awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


You made a piece using words delicately taking your readers to particular places to personally see what was happening.
This is great,Annelise.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i quite enjoyed this. i adore the title.

Posted 15 Years Ago


you obviously have a love for film. the pervasive use of it through the few poems i've read (and one review you gave me). lol.

i think you'd make an excellent script writer and/or director. this poem does what i love in certain films... how the heroine really loves mr. nobody and all the metaphors, details, and camera angles follow the stock and trade leading man are a sort of dramatic misdirection.



Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a nicely sketched vignette that allows one a peek into the life of another person, like a short film.

There are the tender shared moments of affection ( I find the following line particularly poetic "he kisses me in dark cafe corner so soft it dissapears like vapor into the Nashville nighlife" ) but hovering above these tender scenes is the spectre of crucial decision-making that need to be made and that would influence the rest of one's life.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this one sis. It was very visual and very emotional. I was worried that the talking to love thing wouldn't work but it did. I think if you were to edit this one a bit, then I'd consider cutting down the number of words. I wouldn't do it a lot, just a little. I mean, its not bad at all right now but a little fewer words wouldn't hurt. Good job though.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 23, 2008
Last Updated on July 1, 2008

Author

Annelise
Annelise

Latina, Italy



About
I'm twenty one I have an incredible daughter named Olivia Eden her birthday is 09/15/10 she completes my heart :) I'm in college I love rain boots and rain I love hot tea I.. more..

Writing