Reasons.

Reasons.

A Story by Elise D.
"

A short story about 2 people. This used to be a snippet from a book I was writing on but I gave up on it. I feel like this part of the story can be told without a backstory.

"
She had loved him for so long and she always felt she needed an excuse to be affectionate towards him. He proved her wrong with every bit of love he showed her for no reason.
She could never return it. He knew that. He knew how she thought and his goal in life was to show her that not everything needs a reason. Love is enough of a reason.

She kneeled down to his limp body as she carefully caressed his hand in hers.
She always used her cold hands as an excuse to hold his.
Her hands were warm.
His were cold.
She didn't have an excuse to hold his now cold and lifeless hands besides that she loved him.

At that moment she realized it. Love is enough of an excuse. Yet it was too late as he was now dead. He couldn't experience all the love she had to give him.
She was determined to not let go of his hands until they were warm.

© 2023 Elise D.


Author's Note

Elise D.
Ignore Grammar Mistakes, Please leave feedback♥️

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on June 3, 2023
Last Updated on June 3, 2023
Tags: Love, Short Story

Author

Elise D.
Elise D.

Houston, TX



About
I am a young poet. (If I could be even called that) I've been writing poetry since I was 10 and I've never been able to find a place where I was able to share my poetry and writings until now. I want .. more..

Writing
190 Days 190 Days

A Poem by Elise D.


Privacy. Privacy.

A Poem by Elise D.