The future ahead of me

The future ahead of me

A Story by Anonymous poet
"

A boy who went on adventure to fulfill his dreams.

"
It was a wet and humid day, after what seemed like a 5 hour walk from school, I finally arrived at home. I placed my bag on the stairs and leaped up the steps to my room. I laid on my bed just waiting for the screaming to begin. Before I even had a chance to think, it began. My mother and father were back at it once again, but luckily I had a plan. I knew that I wasn't wanted here nor did I belong, It was time for me to get away. 
2 hours of the nonstop yelling urged me to leave, and so I climbed out of the back window leaving no trace behind. I then ran. I ran all the way up to my favorite spot, my secret hideout, a place where I could be unidentified, where I could be me. The only thing that I had, the only thing I could cherish. I scrambled for my most sacred belongings, grabbed my bag and sadly left a piece of me behind. 
 As I continued the air became cooler with a nice breeze, the droplets of sweat thrown across my face began to smear away. When I looked into the distance I could only see great potential and a better future, this was my time to live life and experience the worlds secrets. It was my dream to get away from all the arguing and screaming, and instead enhance the world with its grandiose enviroment. I had a lot to learn, but it was time for me to get some sleep. I grabbed my tent pieces from my bag, quickly arranged them. As soon as I lied dwn I dozed off dreaming of the wonderful experiences that lay ahead of me.  
I slowly blinked my eyes open, to the sun blinding me with its fiery feel and its golden rays, I sat up realizing that I was in a bed, I jumped up and paced around my room wondering what had happened to my plan and the experiences I was going to face. I quickly slipped on my sneakers, and ran to my special place. When I got there everything had been untouched. I quickly realized what had happened. It was all a dream. Disapointed I slumped down into the corner and began to cry, hoping that maybe one day I could truly see the world as it was. 

© 2016 Anonymous poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 17, 2016
Last Updated on May 17, 2016