Confessions

Confessions

A Story by Leia Stadfeld
"

somewhat a horror I experimented with. Involving a bit of western defined religion and the sort. Wondering if I should expand.

"

Mass closes and the ritual has been completed. I can still feel it bearing down on me. 

There is no escape. 

My hands are interlinked and I look to the cross for my Father. I am on my knees

He is risen. He beams. 

Nothing escapes him. Except my thoughts of betraying him. 


I get up to take my leave. My brother intercepts and speaks but I hear nothing. 

Screams and breaking bones crowd my ears. 

His gaze speaks to me: reveal revival Rejoice!

However, my eyes are black.   


At the doors I come across my sister. She speaks of confessing. Confessing. There is something to confess. Today my Father has time to listen. I should share myself. How nice. 

I follow her, she leads me to a small mahogany room. A stranger sits facing a small opening in the wall. I wait. They leave and I assume their previous position. I only hear heavy breathing which I cannot determine is me or the person behind me or the person behind the wall. It smells of mahogany. I begin, at first slowly then rapidly then slowly again. I feel his presence as if he’s next to me. I can feel Mary, I can make out her scent. I am close to my father. My eyes flutter and fill, my voice cracks. It bears down on me but I repent. I'm cleansed. The light fills where questions once lingered. No more thoughts, just light. I wonder if I have been sacredly violated. By the hand of the Father. A ritualistic lobotomy. I can hear them singing now, songs that hypnotize and lull. The same music I listen to as I slowly devour my brothers and sisters. Is it peaceful or sadistic? Who cares? Father and Lucifer live in the same book after all. 


Blessed be his name.

© 2022 Leia Stadfeld


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on June 7, 2022
Last Updated on June 7, 2022
Tags: Horror, Short Story, Religion

Author

Leia Stadfeld
Leia Stadfeld

NY



About
Just scattered thoughts of writing. Trying to articulate myself better. more..

Writing