A man of steel

A man of steel

A Story by CA Anurag Sharma
"

A good guide in tough times

"
  1. Let people say whatever they like, stick to your own convictions, and rest assured, the world will be at your feet. They say, "Have faith in this fellow or that fellow", but I say, "Have faith in yourself first", that's the way. Have faith in yourself -- all power is in you -- be conscious and bring it out. Say, "I can do everything." "Even the poison of a snake is powerless if you can firmly deny it." Beware! No saying "nay", no negative thoughts! Say, "Yea, Yea," "So'ham, So'ham"--"I am He! I am He!"


January 1863, a saint was born in India...his teaching not only influenced our country but the whole world. His thoughts are relevant even today...he is respected even today..Although he died at an early age of 39, yet in his small life..he make the world understand the meaning of life.

Swami Vivekananda, born as Narenrda Nath Datta in Bengal was introduced to the world in 1893 in Chicago where he started his speech at Parliament of World's religion with his words "Sisters and Brothers of America..."....

I am not spiritual at all but somehow his thoughts inspire me when I dont feel good about life....
Here's look at some of the gems:

"Believe in this world - that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves"

"The greatest religion is being true to yourselves. Believe in yourself"

" Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success, and above all, love"

"Whatever you think, that you will be. If you think yourselves weak, weak you will be; if you think yourselves strong, strong you will be"......

© 2015 CA Anurag Sharma


Author's Note

CA Anurag Sharma
I am not advertising Vivekananda... I am stating some of his thoughts..which helped me...May be it will help you too in your tough times....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thats the reason why pm mr.narendra modi starts their speech with "bhaiyo aur bhaino.." it is said that he had reached the 6th level of conciousness and it is nice that you have wrote an article on him

Posted 9 Years Ago


CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Not only Mr. Modi but many other prominent leaders too... and yes you are right about Swami Vivekana.. read more
Awesome. Have you read his chicago speech ?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Yes... I gave a 15 minute speech on him in inter college competition and it was during my research t.. read more
These arer excellent words, though I feel he was somewhat more optomistic than I am.

Posted 9 Years Ago


CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

His thoughts laid a path for many...anyway thanks for your kind review :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015
Tags: world, life, religion, purity, belief

Author

CA Anurag Sharma
CA Anurag Sharma

CHANDIGARH, CHANDIGARH, India



About
Chartered Accountant, MBA (Finance) from Chandigarh (India). Have written two books (fiction), "Mirage in the mountains" and "Mourning Before Sunrise" My twitter handle is "https://twitter.com/ca.. more..

Writing