Vero Vampiro

Vero Vampiro

A Poem by Anthony

Vampyres dream of nibbling on their love.
Yet most live in fear of being found.
Few let others know the truth.
Even if they are made a mockery, a show.
They stand with pride.

They are the few that have the courage to be themselves.
They are the few who know who they truly are.
They do not fear laughter or insults.
They need not boast, but speak only truth.

They live among the many, but most live in fear of being found.
The few who surface show true valor in their pride.

I am one of the few.
I live among the many, pronouncing what I truly am....

I am.....

A Vampyre.

© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Greetings from the host of the contest "Of Blood and Eternity".

Real vampire eh? Interesting choice of title. As I read through this I got a strong feeling that you used the vampire as more of a metaphor for the outcast. The narrator speaks of being mocked and ridiculed, but standing with pride about who and what they are. It strikes me as something someone who is homosexual or perhaps physically or mentally disabled would say in response to a bully. And in that regard I think you delivered the message well, to stand strong and proud of who you are, not letting yourself be cowed by others who lash out in fear and ignorance. I do like this piece and think you did an excellent job on it.

In that regard this is a great inspirational piece.

However, this isn't quite what I am looking for. I had hoped for poems about the blatant blood sucking variety of vampire. That isn't what I see here.

So thank you very much for entering my contest.

-Caradoc

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love anything related to vampires. I like how you spelled it,the less common and unconventional way. It's much more stylish and fits with this piece nicely.
I like how you portray vampires as almost human,yet slightly more than ordinary at the same time. You incorporate the feelings of pride mentioned here very well to. Great work!



Posted 14 Years Ago


Loved it.
I agree with the other review here. There are only a few people in the world that really show themselves. Everyone else seems to wear a mask. I like the concept of using a very cliche thing such as a vampire as the main objective. I think that makes people even more inclined to read this and agree with the message beneath it.
Great poem. Love the ending. "I am... A Vampire" Lol great stuff

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like this alot!!
you're absolutely right, there are only a few of us in the world who are brave enough to show our true selves, whether you're a vampire, or something else, well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2009
Last Updated on February 12, 2010

Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..