Love?

Love?

A Story by Anthony
"

Just my two cents...

"

What is Love?


A well known, and often asked question. What is love? To me love is truly indescribable. Some can come close to portraying what love is, and This is my attempt to do so.


Just looking at them, and the breathing halts, my heart strains, my soul yearns. Just one look, and I know that if I would lose them, My entire world would shatter. I don't need a kiss. I don't need an embrace. All I need is to look into their eyes to know. This feeling allows me to see how special I am to someone, and how some things are just meant to be.


Yet, along with the joy, the living happiness, is despair. What if I were to lose you? I've already found and lost love. Are you going to prove to me that true love can happen and last? But if you do, am I going to have to let you go?


True love is something above and beyond what even love can be. A person in love shines. A person with a true love Radiates peace, love, and joy. Something so special, that just being around that person can bring a smile, light the path, and shine hope onto someone's life. It can help heal the deepest of wounds, the ugliest scars.


A shattered heart can live on. A tattered heart may still beat. But a loving heart? That's when the true life in a person shines through everything they do.


Love extends beyond the reach of time, distance, age, beauty, intelligence; and proves that a person's bond can shine and exist, everlasting and eternal.


There are many types of love, it's true. And how many of these bonds do you hold? A Siblings love, Love for one's parents, Love for pets, Love for knowledge, love for friends, True Love, Love....

Each type has it's good and bad times, some are more lasting than others, I don't say I'm an expert, I'm just writing from my heart.


Love is an everlasting bond that you form with a person when you give them your heart and want nothing in return. Giving them a piece of your self for the rest of time. Forevermore a part of them.


Some animals have figured out something unique. Some of them choose to stay with only one other, for the rest of their lives. Only one. Penguins are probably the most known for this. I'd love to truly be someone's penguin. And stay with them forever.


Well, I just thought I'd give my two cents. Thanks for reading. :D

© 2010 Anthony


Author's Note

Anthony
First time writing something like this on a whim, let me know how i did.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing. I think you captured the emotion exceedingly well. It will be great to see what you do with it. Maybe develop a character and a challenge to test the emotion. I've heard that love can only be tested, never measured. It would be worthy to test it further. I suggest you keep writing your whims and then develop it further. Good for you. It's very honest--I like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I Like It (:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010

Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony