The Ivory Tower

The Ivory Tower

A Story by ArabellaMortimerHendry
"

this is an extract from a story i am working on, i used to write stories all the time but now im just starting to write again so i may be a bit rusty!

"
It was a dark,gloomy night, as she returned to the Ivory Tower alone. The sound of the rain pattered down outside, as she made her way up the spiral staircase. No sun glimmered down from the heavens today and she doubted that it would. Because all summer long it had shone down making everyone's day much more bright and happier,but now that it was winter, the sun had gone. The bright green grass outside around the tower had been replaced by cold stiff, iced up soil, which always made a crunching sound when someone walked upon it. Snowdrops had replaced  the dead red roses, and in a way it was a sort of beautiful winter wonderland which no one wanted to go out in. Once Emma had made her way to the top of the spiral staircase she sat down on the last stone step and thought. She thought about all the strange and confusing situations which had happened to her and which had brought her to where she was. Nothing in life is simple she knew that, but like every adult she still had that glimmer of hope inside of her that wished for a better life. That maybe someday if she played her cards right she might get to where she wanted to be and only then would she be rewarded with a life she wanted. What if she had never gone out that day through the forest? what if she had never stepped out her house and did what her family wanted to do? where would she be? no doubt she would be forced to go to dinner parties and talk to people that has such a limited mind.
Emma knew that her path in life was that of following her dreams, no matter what people around her said, she continued and was in the middle of chasing her dreams. But how could she without him? without the very soul that teaches her to be strong, that teached her so many levels of right and wrong. It still hurt to think about her father after he had been killed by his addiction. It could of been prevented so easily and yet it couldn't of been. In a way Emma blamed herself because that letter she sent him, telling him to stay away from her family and if he didn't then she would come to where he was living and he would be sorry. Then a week later he died.  Emma couldn't really talk to anyone about it because at the age of 16 who could you talk to about it? The pain of loseing a parent is the most unimaginable emotional pain in the world, its like a dagger has stabbed you but it keeps on going deeper and deeper when there is no emotion left to express. However Emma had grown strong through her past and therefor she would have a genral idea of how to tackle the future that was yet still unknown but was comeing soon.

© 2013 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loving your words! you are a beautiful soul.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing