Now that I open my eyes.

Now that I open my eyes.

A Poem by ArabellaMortimerHendry
"

jumble of my thoughts again, this poem is mainly about the world and how we all dream about one day we will have a better future, and some things that we hold onto in our heart .

"

Now that I open my eyes I know that so much time has passed by, I have fought half the demons in the sky, yet I am still wondering why, emotions are left at the back of my mind when I have nothing to hide even though I sometimes lie,


 we all compromise with life and we don’t always do what’s right but we continue to fight for a future that is so bright, push our worries out of sight but they always come back to add to everything in the heart worried that the past is going to leave a mark. Then we think we can do nothing right, when the money in our bank is tight when humans become creatures of the night.


 And when the rain pours down I listen to the sounds of the city and the sky the memories that have passed by and the future that is waiting close by. Beating of the drum means we must go on no matter how long the song, or no matter how strong the human race are, someday we will make it one day into the never-ending dream, where everything is seen.


  But when I look back I can’t help but feel detached from the world and the trees from the sea underneath me, And when I think we could have had it all, you’ll always be an angel trapped in my heart, I only wish I wasn't the demon who did the deed oh why is this life full of hypocrisy. When the hopes of the world don’t come true, when the dreams that are wished are nearly missed, when the words of a soul hypnotize the old, no one does what they are told.


Now that i open my eyes my soul flies so high, even though i cant touch the sky i still dream about everything that is meant to be, and everything that will be in this world of me. And when the rain pours down i listen to the sounds of the city and the sky the memories that have and will pass by. 

 

© 2013 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 20, 2013
Tags: arabellamortimerhendry

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing