Reality and a lie

Reality and a lie

A Poem by ArabellaMortimerHendry

 

 

I fell down from the sky, and landed half way between reality and a lie, but I will never give up the fight even though I might, break down in tears wish you were still here, and be frightened of fear, when I know it’s near, the future is never clear. But the mask is always there it’s like a burden to bear, that you should never share, only wear in times of great despair.


 I have learned to fight I have learned to fall but the one thing that I hate most of all, is when I say things I can’t keep, when I can’t protect the ones that sleep, and are in my heart forever to keep.  So I let the memories flow and get trapped in a wrap of care, torment and being there. 


The world around me freezes up, as I wonder why the words are closed shut.

  I look around but I can’t see the future that I always wanted it to be, the future that I knew we should be, however the darkness took hold of me,

 when they took you up through the skies and into the air,

 to some place where you would wait there.

  I knew it true, and will always do, all my life I will forever stay true,

 to the memory of you, and still think of the things we could do,

 the nursery rhymes I would of sung to you. 


I fell down from the sky, and landed half way between reality and a lie, but I will never give up the fight even though I might, break down in tears wish you were still here, and be frightened of fear, when I know it’s near, the future is never clear. I look at the beautiful piece of art even though it’s just a mark, on the picture near the heart, why was I so afraid of the dark.  


The world around me freezes up as I close my eyes shut, and hold onto that wish, and moment in time, when you and I were just fine, when the sunset was singing our lullaby. But then I wake up in the room and start to cry, because I promised you that we would be together in till the end of time.

© 2014 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The layout of the poem is not one of which I would notrmally read, but, with your opening lines, I just had to finish it till the end. And I must say, you have a beautiful way with words. The flow and rhyme here are fabulous. You have clearly conveyed everything.
Heartbreak is awful....
Well done. This is a masterpiece
-Infinity

Posted 10 Years Ago


ArabellaMortimerHendry

10 Years Ago

awww thank you :) your writing is beautiful too. wish u all the best for the future :) xx
Infinity Blues

10 Years Ago

Anytime :) Thank you, and for you too :) Xx

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on April 3, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2014
Tags: arabellamortimerhendry

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing