The house of memories

The house of memories

A Poem by ArabellaMortimerHendry
"

memories

"
memories are like the house or room we dare not enter. the house which we go in to anyway because it is in our nature to want to see what that house has become. The house is old and has wooden beams, and creaky floorboards, as you would expect with any horror film. 
But its not a horror film its your memories, your life. What has happened and what has gone before ,that moment when your pushing the front door open, to reveal the first section of the house. The atmosphere around you becomes mysterious and the linger of that rotten to the core atmosphere, surrounds you. However there is some sunlight, beautiful sunlight shimmering through the kitchen windows, as you enter the second section of the house.
The sunlight to you, represents everything that you hoped for, and all those little memories that made you smile. But as you walk further into the memories, the echoes of what was once rings through your ears, and suddenly its like a tornado slowly getting louder. Noises are coming from the hall, the voices of people shouting and screaming, but most of all allot of sadness. You try and not go into that room, but as urge stronger than your own engulfs you, and pushes you into that section of memories you do not want to go into.
A wave of emotions, you thought you had got rid of enters your system once again, taking you back to that exact moment, that you dread. your head is spinning,you cant get to the top of your breath. But you can not escape from it. You then remember the strength , that you have built up during the years. The strength that has carried you with its wings all this way to the present day.
But then the house starts taking on a life form of its own, slowly closing in around you, with its rotten beams, and the glimmer of hope is hardly visible, under all the crumbling foundations of the house, which are now starting to fall from the upstairs landing, and crashing down around you. the pluming bursts and ice cold water spits at you, causing physical pain. 

© 2013 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I'm not sure of many other words I can add to what you have already written. Your leading imagery is something I find very easy to relate to and I think we all have the capacity to be plagued by what once was. Thank you and I hope you are O.K

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: arabellamortimerhendry

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing