SETTING IN THE SKY.

SETTING IN THE SKY.

A Poem by ArabellaMortimerHendry
"

about dreams and facing your fears. tell me what you think please. x

"

The golden age has passed. When we were young. Couldn't care less. Just used to day dream on the grass. Now tides cross our paths. Trying to drown us. Trying to put out our spark. People are full of remarks. About how you should live. About how much you should give. We walk on top of ashes and bones. Of heroes who fought. But never went home.

One ounce of courage. Or one side of fear. Everyone has to go through this. So don't think that your in the clear.

Feeling as old as the world. Stupider than the little girl. Realizing that chasing your dreams. Priorities outweigh many things. You don't have clipped wings so why don't you fly. Because everything around you is setting in the sky. Feeling dead inside but strong enough to survive. If your alone and scared fight the demons which are keeping you there.

Drained is the soul within you. Tired and weak. A long time ago you learned to be free. But then it happen. In a shell you will be.

Keeping not your heart in your hand. But a sword and shield. That's only half of the plan. You stand for yourself. You stand alone. Your roar is fiercer than a tigers. You walk alone. Forever and always waiting for the moment. When you can pounce and live for it. The freedom to fly. When at last everything ends. When it sets in the sky.

© 2014 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'A long time ago you learned to be free. But then it happen. In a shell you will be. '

Seems in the curves and lines of this, Life steps and stages under scrutiny here, findings described in clear but gentle words. Growing up, bein Self is hard going, have to cede to rules, have to learn how to work them without going out of control.. reaching a time when life has true meaning and self has a say in the matter. And so, it goes with your fine wording into a time, THE MOMENT, when one takes control of life, of destiny .. hopefully. And yes.. tis time to..

Posted 8 Years Ago


when you strive to do what you want , live how you want to live , be who you want to be ; society , others , and you , start to say why you , can't , won't , shouldnt etc. I think when you follow your dreams you are lonely because only you can follow them and only you can ultimately achieve them. So fear holds us back to stay safe from the feeling lonely. Ironically the fear can trap you and enslave you , causing you to fight back the fear in order to follow the dreams that may be lonely in the begining but will be the best feeling when reached. Then again fear is the ultimate illusion.

Sorry bout that long rant haha. I liked your write though !

Posted 9 Years Ago


that is a really mind provoking poem. it can be taken to many sides..maybe here you are talking about the human being in general and how much selfish they are, maybe it is something political..religious or parental..or..oh..whatever..i liked it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014
Tags: ARABELLAMORTIMERHENDRY

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..