Sleeping Beast

Sleeping Beast

A Poem by mystic soul
"

trauma of an abused wife...

"
Clutched in chains,
broken and bruised,
heart sinking in the sea of pains,
but calmly and smilingly
with her red fiery eyes, she is watching him sleeping.
she dares not shout!
for it might awake this brutal beast.

Beast?
But how calm and manly he is looking now!
She still remembers the day when she met him,
How happy she was!
his humanity, his calmness
enchanted her.
but her perception was his deception.
brutality is his reality!
humanity has never touched him.
She loved him,
yes... She loved this beast

But now lying broken and bruised,
she is wondering
what hurts more- a broken limb or a broken heart?
She wants to shout, she wants to cry,
but she dares not!
for it might awake this brutal beast
and the beauty...
she dares not think about it!

© 2010 mystic soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

a very strong and powerful write! It is sad but these things still prevails in society no matter how much we deny... "what hurts more- a broken limb or a broken heart?" this question really touched my heart. it made me think about the wife's pathetic position... She is abused so badly.. her limbs are all broken but her heart's condition is even more worse to see the one she trusted using her...
"but her perception was his deception" this line shows the tragedy in her life... she perceived him to be someone he was not! Appearance is indeed deceptive but love doesnot let us find out this difference... Wonderful poem Mystic!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This one is different from what i am used to but it reveals the truth... a very powerful and strong write... speaks a lot ... keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmm! It seems through this piece you spoke a lot about the relations that'd gone sour after a period. It says people who love to smile and believe shed tears for the person they are in love with. Initially, they did not understand those persons, but when they are fully into the relations, things would have been too late to escape!

Still, there is hope I think as I am an optimist. Still, we can try and flee from this cage wherein day-in and day-out people strive dearly to set them free. I think we should see lights that are coming from all the directions even when we are in distress. We just have to find it.

Thank You.

Raja.

Posted 14 Years Ago


love it very strong words, sad depressing many reasons why i love it! lol keep it up

Posted 14 Years Ago


this extremely powerful and sad...and true in many ways


Posted 14 Years Ago


The beast in the man lies exposed!

My best lines...

"But now lying broken and bruised,
she is wondering
what hurts more- a broken limb or a broken heart?"

Posted 14 Years Ago


I know personally that any broken bone does not hold a tenth of the pain you get from a broken heart, a heart broken by a person who you loved but turned into someone you can't even recognize anymore.
This got me thinking about all of it, and I have to say no one deserves this fate constructed by beasts who hold us in chains.

Posted 14 Years Ago


sorry for such a late review!
I agree with others have said about this poem! it's really good... it shows the truth about the society... even though we have achieved so much as human but humanity hasn't touched us!! sad but true! good work Mystic!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your writing style is different than what I'm used to, but it makes me want to open my mind so that I can enjoy this type of poetry. This was really honest and emotional. There are some lines that truly stand out; "his humanity, his calmness enchanted her" "but her perception was his deception" "what hurts more-a broken limb or a broken heart?" This story is unfortunately so true to many people's lives.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a powerful poem with such such emotion that left me breathless. This is so good and no words can describe the girl...because...I was at one point going through what she is painfully going through. Beautiful, excellent! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
very touching, honest and raw...

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

549 Views
17 Reviews
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2010

Author

mystic soul
mystic soul

India



About
HI All, I am Archana. Currently working as Software Quality Analyst. I have a Post Graduate degree in Computer Application. I am not a professional writer but writing has been my passion since childh.. more..

Writing
Ecstatic Ecstatic

A Poem by mystic soul