A Strange Encounter

A Strange Encounter

A Story by Archana Suresh
"

What if i find an alien staring at me one fine morning? Well, that's what happened!!!!

"

When I woke up one fine morning, I saw an alien staring at me. Being a crazy fan of ghosts and planets and universe, I thought that the movie Insidious was driving my mind. Then the thought of Mangalyaan taking me to Mars came to me. That was the dumbest reason, I know, but you cannot expect me to think that an alien with supernatural powers has come to meet me like Jaadu came to meet Hrithik Roshan in Koi Mil Gaya.

         Like any hyper teenage girl, I screamed! With horror I realized the fact that my voice didn’t leave the room. It was echoing back obeying the law of reflection. I don’t know whether the law of reflection is same for light and sound, since the chapter Sound was the worst chapter I found in my ninth grade science text book.

         I felt my blood being still seeing the ugly figure leaning at me and covering my mouth with his/her cold hand, preventing any noises from my mouth. I felt the figure leaning close and I shut my eyes tightly and at the moment got reminded of Delhi gang rape. Gaining courage and taking all my might, I bit his/her finger hand.

         “OOWWWW!!!!” The rough voice of the ugly figure screamed and withdrew the hand at the second. “What are you doing?” He/she asked and I said, “All people in the world are the same. You’ll are trying to find a reason to harass women!” “Come on, I’m not trying to harm you,” the voice said, “I was covering your mouth to stop you from screaming!”

         I stood up from the bed and demanded, “Who are you Mr. Whatever, and what are you doing here at my bedroom?”

         “My name is Lizwanexzpidilemonpiqutyliop....” “Okay okay, I will call you Liz because that’s the only word I heard clearly!” “Ok...NOOOOOO...Liz is a girl’s name and I’m a boy! Call me Lizwan or Wan!”

         “Mr. Wan,” I said in a bored expression. All the fear I had of him had vanished seeing his cute expressions. “Why are you here?” “To destroy earth!!!” He replied.

         “WHAT?????” I screamed and he chuckled and said, “Just kidding! I’m here to beg to you all to not to destroy us!”

         I stood confused. He continued, “Do you know something, your earth people are driving us crazy with your crazy spacecrafts and satellites!”

         “Come on dude, they are milestones of technology! They make us proud!” I said and he retorted, “RUBBISH! These things are nothing but RUBBISH!” I stared at him and he noticing my deadly stare said,

         “I’m here to represent MAO �" Mars Aliens Organisations, representing the 82 lakh citizens of Mars. We...” I chuckled and said, “What? 82 lakh? Dude, are you serious? Even my country India has crore of citizens!”

         Wan smiled and said, “At least the 82, 00,000 of us are together a family, unlike the billions of ‘citizens’ of earth!” I kept mum and looked down. He continued, “The spacecrafts or ships or whatever you are sending, sometimes land on our planet’s surface or something come closer and takes pics, or it runs around our planet. Are these machines crazy or are they practising for Jurdino?”

         “Jurdino? What’s that?” I asked and he replied, “It’s a sports event with running as its key attraction. The winner will be given cash prize by Jurdinoplasmoteyukjidgeoplaskin, the richest man of Mars!”

         “Oh, like Olympics right?” I asked and he nodded. His facial expressions made it clear for me that he has no idea what Olympics is. Well, I didn’t bother to explain it and he didn’t ask me to. 

         He said, “So where was I? Oh yeah, the satellites! Do you have any idea how much these things are disturbing us, any idea? Tell me!”

         I looked down. Honestly, I never thought these things would disturb some one!

         He thought for a while and said, “Wait! I was roaming on earth invisibly and found a strange thing! Why are there boundaries around certain places?”

         “Oh,” I said, “They are boundaries separating countries. Inside countries you have state borders separating states.” “Strange!” He exclaimed, “We never have such a practice in Mars. There country means the house where we’re living. Outside that private space we’ll are on big family!”

         I smiled at his bewildered expression. I could sense that his mind was busy imagining the situation of state and countries forming in his mars.

         He said, “And one more thing. I saw many people praying but everyone were doing that in different ways. I mean, some were folding their hands where as some were bowing down...” “Wan, they are people from different religions. Every religion has its own traditions and god. Hindus prays to Shiva, Ganesha, Krishna etc while Christians prays to Christ. Muslims have Allah, Buddhists have Buddha...”

         “WHAT RUBBISH!!!!! GOD IS SAME FOR ALL!!!!!” He screamed, “Dare you do such cheap things in Mars and you’ll thrown to Mercury and will melt to death! I can’t believe human beings could be so stupid. They boast that they are the most intelligent species but the truth is that they are dumbest species! Listen, one god, and only one god created this universe and everyone in universe accepts this fact. What is so special of human beings? You people believe that your certain religion’s god created universe? IDIOTS!”

         I stood ashamed. He was absolutely right!

         Wan let out a sigh and said, “Okay now leave it! Recently, your mars missions have found that there is water in Mars. It’s true; we have water in Mars, but only a little! I just wanna say that please don’t send any human beings to settle there or any machines to take our water away. Don’t you dare do that! If it was any other species we would have happily shared it, but not to human beings!”

         “Why?”

         He said, “Human beings have the most beautiful planet of the universe �" mother Earth. It’s called blue planet with 75% water. Yet you face water scarcity! Why? Just because, you’re not using it properly. Air, water, soil, is there anything that you haven’t destroyed?”

         I didn’t answer. He said, “You have such a beautiful planet with you, but you are destroying it and is now in search of another Earth! You human beings are so greedy and selfish. Neither do you think about other’s problems nor do you get satisfied with what you have! First use your resources that has been gifted to you and then come in search of others’ resources!”

         I blasted, “Just shut up Wan, you’re saying as if I drank all the water of Mars. I didn’t do anything!”

         He said calmly, “Exactly, you didn’t do anything! Did you do anything to save your surroundings? Did you do anything to stop earth’s destruction? You just sit and watch how your mother earth is getting destroyed day by day, right?”

         He paused and said, “Use your resources first and then come to us! Please don’t send anymore Mangalyaan and MOMs. It’s causing a lot of pollution. You have polluted earth enough. Now don’t come to our heaven!”

         He looked at a strange device in his hand and said, “I have to go! My spaceship must be waiting!” He turned to go but stopped and turned to me and said,

         “One more thing �" it’s during holidays that we plan to tour the universe. But just as we set off, your satellites announce our journey and the earth celebrated the discovery of an UFO. Please human beings, please let us live our life....”

         And with that he walked away.

         I stood still. Was it real or my hallucination? But before my thoughts could argue with each other, the door of my room flung open and my sister barged in shouting, “Did you see the news?”

         I switched on the TV and saw the headlines

A new UFO discovered

NASA finds its origin to be Mars

ISRO is all set to unveil the mystery behind it.

         I said to myself, “I’m sorry Wan. This world won’t change. But I promise that I’ll do whatever I can!”

         It was a false promise I know, but that’s the least thing I could do for him.

© 2016 Archana Suresh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 23, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016

Author

Archana Suresh
Archana Suresh

Kozhikode, NIT Calicut, India



About
cute and sweet :) more..

Writing