Sodden Hair

Sodden Hair

A Story by Archia

On a rainy day with their hair sodden down to its core yet still managing to retain a crumpled curl appeal they meet each other. There was nothing special about this meeting, nor was it particularly odd or likely to cause a stir in either one of the two people who have just said hello to each other, unless the oysters (which are said to cause strife to the stomach if not right), which they did not eat for their expensiveness rippled abnormally inside them.

They didn’t shake hands, or envelop each other in a hug like old friends or frighteningly social people, they just said hello and the one with the more sodden hair did an about turn and they began to walk away. In truth their hair was equally sodden, but the more soddened haired ones hair was longer so it gave the appeal of having been in the rain more.

© 2016 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"frighteningly social people..." :-)
This is very interesting flash fiction. (I would personally re-word a few bits here and there, edit the grammar, and tighten up the sentence structure- but this is just me... I am NO editor by any means.)
The power here is the "still life" beauty and matter of fact-ness in the writing. I writing that almost dares you to assume a metaphor when perhaps there is none at all. Ironically, this is very poetic by its very nature of seeming to ignore poetry all together. Two thumbs up and it's begging for a "video as art" production. Can you sketch? hint hint. If not, no bother, I know someone. :-)
Peace.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on October 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 3, 2016

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia