Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The 3am Prince

The 3am Prince

A Story by Archia

It’s 3am and a prince has slipped onto the mind. He’s dashing and charming with golden hair that sways when the birds fly from the princess to create a gazelle of colour and peace around his head. He has a name that’s strong and royal, and holds himself as if his posture determines his fate. The princess smiles calmly upon him, butterflies stirring in her stomach and literally flying in her hands. This is the man she’ll marry, and she waits patiently for him to take her and stare into her beautiful unwavering eyes.

“My princess, will you do me the greatest honour and accept my hand?”

And she says yes, without a nerve in her voice. Then in joy she is swept into his arms and onto his horse where they will ride into the sunset with bells playing around them and a happily ever after ringing in their eyes.

Of course when at 3am a prince knocks upon the door it must be answered, no matter how heavy the mind is fogged. So then of course when he appears dashing it must be noted, and the way the princess smiles must not be forgotten.

That is what happens at 3am when a person opens the door. Even if the fog may appear treacherous and deceitful and willing the hand to rest, they let the handle turn. Then when the air slips through the mind to clear the fog they pull over a sheet of parchment, a quill of gold and they write. 

© 2016 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how there's plenty of room to interpret. It's a short and easy to read story which is nice from the longer and more jumbled stories out their. Good job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your writing style is very intriguing and describe what is happening in a beautiful way. The contrast between reality and fairytale makes it interesting and special. It leaves room for the reader to interpret and imagine it themselves. You did a great job and I definitely want to read more from you.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2016

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia