Sunshine at the World's End

Sunshine at the World's End

A Story by Archia

It was odd that when the end of the world came everything was sunny. The day had begun cloudless and as it developed the sun had only grown to the perfect heat for browning bodies and giving life to plants. People looked up to the sky and remarked how it was a lovely day. Old ladies had abandoned their bingo over sitting outside and relishing the warmth. People had given up lunch breaks to sit in the grass and had abandoned jackets to let the sun soak across their arms. The day in all entirety was perfect.

Then the end came. It happened rather softly, as if one was wrapping their arms around the world in a hug. Whispers came through the trees, wafts of something that was dear. People, as they closed their eyes to the contentedness of the world, let their bodies relax into smiles.

For the end of the world there was no destruction, no pain. Fiery images were far from minds and screams of torment were not to be heard. The world was ending and the world was in peace.

It ended in that way, with eyes closed and feelings of peace washed over everyone. No one if they had realised would have known the end was there and if they had they would not have cared. For the first time in the world there was no wrong. There was no unhappiness, no agony and no regret. The world was content.

 

© 2016 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on January 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 7, 2016

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia