Be You

Be You

A Story by Austin Reale
"

My experience on the process of "finding myself". Inspiration & Information

"
One of the things I struggled with so much during my process of discovering who I truly am and what I wanted to be, was the grey area of finding my purpose. All of the books I was reading and all of the advice from people who are already where I wanted to be, were telling me in one way or another, that I had to have a purpose and a direction, something to go for, to be happy and successful. This is so true, but so misunderstood, and such a delicate matter to each of us. "Finding myself" and deciding what my purpose should be given my strengths and values was a long process, totally worth it. I'm still uncovering new bits and pieces everyday. I learned that life is a constant search for who we want to become. I put finding myself in quotations because I don't think that we find that many new things about ourselves in a personal process like that. From my experience, I just kind of made the best and truest qualities in myself stand out more, the ones that I always knew were there inside me, but I didn't let them show as much because I was focused too much on fitting in with how everyone else was acting, conforming and being one of the cool kids right... Also, I dropped some of the qualities that at the time I thought were good for me, or would get some laughs from those around me, but I later realized that they no longer did me any justice as far as propelling me toward the direction that I wanted to be headed in my life. Redefining myself is a more accurate term. I learned that from Tony Robbins in one of the first useful videos from a successful person that I watched on YouTube. It was called "Tony Robbins - The Keys to Massive Success", I took notes on it and probably watched it over 20 times. He taught me that the strongest force in the whole human personality, is this must to act consistent with who we believe we are, and how we define ourselves. He taught me that identity is one of those simple fundamental basics, and that when we make a shift in it, everything else in our life around us shifts as well. So true. The identity I had for myself before I learned that was honestly, kind of just to be a jackass and hope the people around me got a kick out of it. Haha, I will say I was pretty good at it, I just didn't realize the negative effects it was having on my life and personality at the time! That video made me do some serious thinking about my life and my personality. It made me start valuing myself and my life. That day, even though I was totally clueless as to how I was going to do it, I decided I was going to be a smart, successful, good hearted person. I changed my identity. "True nobility, is not about being better than anybody else, it's about being better than you used to be". Long story short, my purpose came along a while after I made that decision. I found that my true purpose eluded me, and was going to continue to elude me, until I stopped conforming to the influences around me, until I started trying to impress myself rather than trying to impress other people, and until I started trying to be my true to who I really was. "And always be yourself, because nobody else is better at it." One thing I opened my eyes to about being true to who I am, was having some substance to who I am. To put it as simple as possible, to me it was just a matter of knowing things. Older people have many more life experiences they can learn from and reflect on, so that's they're substance, that's who they are. Being 19 years old, I didn't want to wait until I got "older" before I knew who I was. Two lessons; I realized that life is mostly about inspiration and knowledge, and that I was really going to have to focus on and learn as much from every book, interaction, and experience as I possibly could. One of the biggest parts of life is literally just, how much you know, and what you know about. I stepped back and took a good look at myself. I saw that really the only knowledge or substance I had was about useless stuff, that wasn't going to help me be successful in any way. At that point I knew that in my first 19 years, even though it might not have been all my fault (School system, society, bad influences, no knowledge of Universal Natural Laws, ect.), I had laid almost no foundation for my future. More importantly, I knew the fact that I immediately had to take responsibility for it and get started. I was just wandering around aimlessly, hoping for a good time or some pretty girls or whatever the case was. I was not looking for success. I wasn't thinking about ways I could help people or provide a service I would enjoy providing. It took me a few months to learn all of this, and at times it was pretty rough, I had to be very honest with myself. I was so hard on myself, I had an insane drive to get smarter and just, be a better human being. I wish someone would have told me to relax, to take it one day at a time, and know that my purpose will become apparent to me when I'm ready for it. (Coincidence that ready is just read with a y on the end..?) The drive was an awesome part of myself that I was happy to see show up, but the stress I piled on by putting myself down because of how I was in the past was unnecessary. I will say I let the disgust with myself drive me to levels I never thought I could get to, I just wish someone would've told me the fact that that part of my life was over, that it already happened, and that I couldn't change any of it. If I would've learned that part sooner, I wouldn't have been all mad at myself about it. I would've known that to get mad or upset at something like that, something that I couldn't change, was a waste of effort, and a waste of the present moment as well. Control the things you can control, deal with the things you can't. Just keep going. Another truth I realized is, as simple as finding my purpose was, it wasn't just going to jump out and bite me, and then solve all of the problems in my life. (Side note, just because things are simple, doesn't mean they're easy!) I realized we are only rewarded when we do things that are worth rewards. I realized that if I wanted things in my life to eventually change, I was eventually going to have to put in the work to make those things change. The day I had the realization that things don't just magically happen, that I have to read and learn and be smart to make them happen, is the day my life changed for good. One day in my mind I said "Wow.. I'm responsible for how my life turns out."
Hard work, works. That was the magic formula for me.
I believe in Inspiration & Information
Love

© 2016 Austin Reale


Author's Note

Austin Reale
Here are 5 videos on YouTube that completely changed who I am for the better
"Tony Robbins - The Keys to Massive Success", "Why We Do What We Do | Tony Robbins | TED Talks"
"Will Smith's Wisdom: Success Secrets For Young Entrepreneurs"
"Jim Rohn Learn These Skills or Live a Mediocre Life Full Seminar From 1981"
"Inspiring words from Oprah Winfrey"
If it made you uncomfortable reading this, that's a good thing! Watching the videos I mentioned here made me uncomfortable when I first saw them. After a while, you will laugh right along with them if you stick with it! When you're uncomfortable, you have the choice to make the decision to grow.
This writing is really a part of me. If you read this, we are closer than you think...
Thank you so much for the read, if I inspired or entertained you in the slightest, I would more than love and appreciate a comment! I also want to welcome any suggestions, corrections or constructive criticism if you have any, I'm always trying to better myself and improve my skills. If there's more you want to know about me or something you want me to write about please let me know! I'll be more than happy to take a bet on myself and give it a shot. Hope you enjoyed.
My wishes and intentions writing this were to express myself and get some things off my chest, to see how far I've come in knowledge of myself and the world as I see it, to give this public writing thing a go, but ultimately, it was to make a difference in the minds and hearts of anyone who took the time to read this.
I am hoping that I've made even a small difference in your life today.
Thanks for the read,
I believe in Inspiration & Information
Love

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First of all, I very much like what you wrote in your About Me. Very open and straightforward.
From your write, I see you have captured 3 very important truths :
Be who you are.
Now is the only time there is.
Only you can give your life meaning.
You are on the right track but do not impose a deadline, let the future unfold.

Please read my stories Singularity and Tipping point on the topics which seem very important to you. i'd appreciate your feedback.

Take care Austin.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I believe humans were sent from the future to reveal to us that we don't really exist and that we are just part of the imagination of a higher being that is unfortunately rather aggressive and constantly battles other beings and that we need to communicate this so our being will continue to exist then beyond this there is nothingness that makes the whole thing hang together and penetrating this nothingness gives us the inspiration to communicate.

Posted 8 Years Ago


First of all, I very much like what you wrote in your About Me. Very open and straightforward.
From your write, I see you have captured 3 very important truths :
Be who you are.
Now is the only time there is.
Only you can give your life meaning.
You are on the right track but do not impose a deadline, let the future unfold.

Please read my stories Singularity and Tipping point on the topics which seem very important to you. i'd appreciate your feedback.

Take care Austin.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

854 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 29, 2016
Tags: Inspiration, Information, Life, Knowledge, Success

Author

Austin Reale
Austin Reale

Cleveland , OH



About
I'm a 20 year old young man who is trying to figure myself and the world out. I have been on a journey to find myself since April 2015. So far I've discovered that I'm an extraordinary thinker with a .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2: Chapter 2:

A Chapter by Austin Reale