Loathe

Loathe

A Poem by ♥ Ari Skye ♥
"

The side of self-doubt

"

 

I loathe this side of me.

This is the side, I’m scared

For you to see.

The side that made me bleed.

The side that will make you leave me.

 

I’m just a broken girl

With some pumped up dreams.

A less than thrilling imagination,

And some ripped up seams.

 

You’re a breath of fresh air,

That I don’t deserve.

A too good to be true moment,

That I’m not worth.

 

A whirlwind of emotions

I’m not accustomed to.

A proof of happiness in a moment of truth.

 

But I question every move I make.

Take every sigh and make it a mistake.

This must be why I am alone.

Why would you want to call me your own?

 

©4-11-2015 by Ashley Nicole Nordyke

© 2015 ♥ Ari Skye ♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

In my family we have a saying, well Dean Martin first said it: When your opponent's sittin' there holding all aces, there's only one thing left to do: Kick over the table.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A terrific flowing write Ash. I felt like I was going down a escalator such a smooth ride. The words the emotions were spot on!! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


You are worthy. You are beautiful...inside and out. Anyone with any amount of sense would want to call you their own. This is beautifully written, the feelings so clearly conveyed, and able to be felt by the reader. We have all had these moments of thought...if we are honest to admit it. Again, my dear...you have written beautifully. You have a gift. Believe in yourself.

Posted 9 Years Ago


♥ Ari Skye ♥

9 Years Ago

Thank you Nini! You mean so much to me! To have support like yours makes me feel worthy!
Nini

9 Years Ago

You are a sweetheart :-) Never doubt yourself!
Trust love Ashley.... don't push someone away with insecurities and questions. Seems like someone has come into your life... appreciate and enjoy him my friend :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


♥ Ari Skye ♥

9 Years Ago

Thanks Aaron. You're right, someone has come into my life & I love the hell out of him.. lol.
This was so good, and I think that many of us can relate to this. I know that I definitely have felt that way before.....a lot! You did an excellent job describing it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Self-doubt most often leads to the loneliness we all deal with sometimes, especially when it comes to love. Time to kick the daylights out of the loathing and realize that everyone has value and something to offer another. I enjoyed this, Ashley, good write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


hmmmm....may my dearest once can understand it.
may GOD shadow them too


Posted 9 Years Ago


This is so beautiful.....i love your piece it is truly amazing .....
Well done :) reminds.me of someone i know

Posted 9 Years Ago


♥ Ari Skye ♥

9 Years Ago

Oh thank you so much!
micky

9 Years Ago

No problem:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2015

Author

♥ Ari Skye ♥
♥ Ari Skye ♥

Cameron, MO



About
Hi there! I'm Ari! ♥ A member of NSCS (National Society of Collegiate Scholars) and Alpha Sigma Pi. I graduated with a BA in English in 2019. Studied Psychology at UoPX, and am currently a Ma.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..