Dream to Reality

Dream to Reality

A Story by ArialChase

     My dream was terrible. I was in my bed, crying and sweating, though I have no idea why. I heard screams in the distance. I could just about swear that it was my little sister I heard crying and my parents I heard screaming. It was just a dream, until a loud crash woke me up. I jumped up in bed, startled. The heat was unbearable. Puffs of grey smoke were building up into a large cloud above me. My breathing became rapid. I could see flames out my window. I jumped out of bed, coughing. I crawled out the door on my stomach, avoiding the smoke as much as I could. The hallway in front of my room was less suffocating, but one look downstairs was enough to tell me that the house could come down. My first instinct was to go to my sister. That’s exactly what I did. I ran across the hall and struggled with the door knob. As the door swung open, I saw my sister coughing roughly on the carpeted floor. I grabbed her, ran up two flights of stairs and left her in the balcony on the fourth floor. Just as I told her to stay put, I heard a scream from below. Mom and Dad! I ran down to my parents’ room. “Mom, you guys can get away from the fire if you get to the balcony behind the stairs on the fourth floor.” I said through the closed door. They burst through the door before I even finished. “Come with me.” I could hear my mom sobbing. It seemed like hours, but we managed to get through the thick smoke to the balcony. Mom ran to hug my little sister. I sank down against the wall but jumped up again with a shriek as it burned. Tears started down my face. I heard a light moan from inside. “The maid!” my dad said. I told them I’d go get her and started down the stairs again despite my mom shouting at me to leave her. I finally reached her in the basement. She was burnt badly. Still on fire, she couldn’t move. I tried to go up before it was too late. Too late! My pajama pants and the ends of my hair caught fire. I screamed. There was nowhere else to go. The last thing I saw was a half burnt picture of my sister.............................................................................................

The first thing I see is my sister’s pretty, worried face, next to those of my parents’, hanging over mine in the hospital.

 

 

© 2012 ArialChase


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012