One Pastor's Dream

One Pastor's Dream

A Story by Aries1984
"

This is a story I remember my mom sharing with me. She heard it from one of her Pastors when she was young.

"
Before going to sleep one night I got down on my knees and began to pray as I normally do every single night. I asked God, "Show me your will." As I sealed my prayer with my usually amen, I climbed into bed and went to sleep. I had a very unusual dream that night that I was standing and looking around, I saw an old middle-classed man come toward me. He said, "I am God's messenger, follow me and I will show you what God's will is."

Along the way there was a house where a very poor family lived. They didn't even have money for food. The old man put on some rags to make himself look homeless and begged out the poor owner for him to spend one night at their home. In the middle of the night, while everyone was asleep he snuck out and set the house on fire.

Then I saw two brother's who hated each other all their lives. They decided to start a feast of forgiveness to mark peace between each other. The house maids were all working hard, preparing the food to be set up on the table while one of them was polishing two really beautiful golden chalices. These chalices were going to be used to mark peace between the two brothers when they were going to cross arms to drink the wine. Then after the maid was done polishing those chalices, I saw the old man sneek into the house, he grabbed those two chalices and stole them without anyone even seeing him.

I came across a mill worker who had a 10 year old son and I saw the same old man dress up in beggar's clothing, pretending to be blind. He called out to the boy and asked him, "I hear that there's a lake nearby with a dock around here. Can you lead me there as you can see that I'm blind and can't see." The boy took him to the lake and the old man pushed him off the dock and drowned the him. At that moment I grabbed my head and cried out to God, "LORD THIS CANNOT BE YOUR WILL!"

The old man came up to me and led me back to that poor family's home that he burned down saying, "You remember how poor this family used to be? After I torched their house that night, the very next day, they all survived and started to dig up the remains. What they didn't know is that their home was built upon millions upon millions of dollars. One of them came across a loud stump while they were digging and hit a treasure chest where there were millions upon millions of gold and all kinds of diamonds. This is how they became so rich. Now they are thankful to God for what they have and are helping other poor people in need."

The old man proceeded saying, "The two brother's  got along better together with out the two chalices with one of them staying alive after I stole those two chalices. You see! One of the chalices was laced in poison, they wanted to show people that they were willing to forgive each other but in their hearts the hate was still there and strong. So one of them had the maid lace one chalice into poison in order to kill the other brother. When I stole the chalices, I did this so a life can be spared."

Then I asked the old man, "But why murder the mill worker's 10 year old son?" Then he said, "The mill worker was a serial killer and he was teaching his 10 year old boy to murder people. God saw the future of this boy and he already knew how many millions of lives this boy would have taken. To spare those people's lives He took this boy to be with Him, sparing him from eternal damnation and all those others whom he would have killed."

© 2015 Aries1984


Author's Note

Aries1984
Moral of the story? In life we really don't know why things happen the way they do. It is always sad when a child is killed. When anyone's life is taken unfairly. But we don't entirely know just who that person would grow up to be. I like Angelina Jolie's line in the movie Wanted, "Kill one, and maybe save thousands."

I'm not a story teller here. This was just something that I wrote in one of my old journal's as my mother was telling it to me. You may find a lot of mistakes and grammatical errors so I do apologize for that. But I do hope that whoever reads this, that it will get them to think. After all that is the main intention.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on May 23, 2015
Last Updated on May 27, 2015
Tags: Moral, story, fate, God, dreams, interpretations