A Girl, a sister, a wife & a mom

A Girl, a sister, a wife & a mom

A Story by Arijit Bose

"Look!", She yelled, "look Nani, there is a house there. Who stays there? Can we go?"

No was the answer. “A booboo stays there. Good girls don’t go there.” And she agreed like a good girl.

"Papa how come smoke is coming out of the uncle’s mouth?" She curiously asked.

“Don’t look there uncle is smoking”

"Can I smoke?", she asked in a very excited tone.

“No! Good girls never smoke” and she agreed to it throughout her life.

"Bhaiya!", She was jumpy and asked, “can we go to the hotel you were telling me about?”

“No! Girls don’t go there, the place is not safe” She didn’t even look at that place and would lower her eyes while passing through the area.

"Honey!", She said happily, “I got a wonderful offer to teach. Should I join?”

“No honey. Who will look after our two girls and mom won’t like it if you work”. She didn’t join. Never even mentioned to work again.

“How many times do I have to teach you the same thing?”, he shouted. He was furious. “Why are you so dependent?"

She would just cry and curse herself and her fears which stops her from learning new things.

 

Four women stay in the same house thrives in the same fear and the amazing part is they train each other to fear the same things they do.


Arijit Bose

      :):

© 2014 Arijit Bose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014

Author

Arijit Bose
Arijit Bose

Nagpur, Maharashtra, India



Writing