Journey of Music

Journey of Music

A Story by Arizona Sky
"

A long poem/essay, I wrote one time while listening to the amazing radio station "Pandora." I just sat down, closed my eyes, and let my fingers flow as the music changed my soul.

"

 

 

Sep. 20th

2010

Arizona Sky

 

The sad music plays as I sit down with my laptop on my lap. The birds outside are silenced by the looming gray sky. The clouds grow heavy with hidden and captured sorrows, then in a burst, they let go. The man standing outside grumbles as he thrusts on his hood and shuffles away into the alley. The little squirrel blinks its tiny eyes as the rain drops rest on its brown fur. The earth is surrounded by an eerie silence and the dampness of the ground is found in everyone’s hearts.

In a sudden swift movement, the music changes, and the beat of the rain begins to disappear as the sun bursts in the sky, shining its dancing beauty. The birds again come out to play and the man heaves a deep sigh of relief. A single blink and the world is new again. The clouds, though few, are now white with purity and joy. The little squirrel shakes its head and its coat flows majestic in the new light. A new beginning of magic and beauty engulfs the world in itself, making it a dream of life and wonder.

The music again changes and the trees begin to dance. It is mysterious, yet enchanting. The voice of the hidden wind begins to flow through the body of Mother Earth. Spirits of unknown find thier way into the truth and lies, breaking the sun's light and bursting it with a silver blanket. Shadows form against great fields of flowing silver and golden grasses. The stars intertwine with the wisps of clouds, creating a quilt of cold and warmth combined. The earth closes its eyes to the sound of the end of the beginning. The old of the new, the night of the morning.

The music changes for the last time, but the effect is of the greatest. The silver grasses change to an ocean of gold and pink. The little butterfly flitters across, letting its wings trail in the waters of the rising and rebirth of the sun. The clouds take color of birth and beginning, but also of age and knowing. The wise trees burst with the flavor of knowledge and stories of the centuries gone past. The man again awakes, to find his coat waiting, his briefcase set by its side. But instead, the squirrel too blinks, and the new day begun, he walks in the sunlight with a bare chest of sun. The wind too blows but finds its meaning as the music ends with true seeing.

Bright blue eyes do now show as the music stops to flow. I look around to see my room. Blue-grey walls form around me as reality does born. I sigh and place my laptop on the ground. My fingers stop flowing with the imagination of the mind. I blink, like the squirrel did in the dream. There again I stand up to look out the window. It is the bustling city of the world of life. I see the man and I smile. He is sitting on the bench, engulfed in a world of his own. There I sit down and place my finger on the mouse. I click the play button, and close my eyes. The music starts to play and I let my mind go blank, to be engulfed of the other world again.

© 2010 Arizona Sky


Author's Note

Arizona Sky
Just comment on whatever. :)
Please though, take in mind I am young.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. I like this alot. great detail.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010

Author

Arizona Sky
Arizona Sky

About
I'm a young teen very inspired by great authors, musicians and artists of any and all kinds. My brother inspired me to begin to write real stories (short stories) when he wrote a wonderful paper in .. more..

Writing