I DON'T BUT MY HEART CRIES

I DON'T BUT MY HEART CRIES

A Story by Arjun Thakkar
"

"I DON'T BUT MY HEART CRIES" is my debut story with a thrill end which covers a misunderstandings of two lovers which leads to a tragedy...

"
I DON’T BUT MY HEART CRIES!!!  
                    - ARJUN THAKKAR
                
It was still dawn when I stepped out of the cab and walked towards the entry gate of the Delhi airport. The early morning February air was pleasantly cold.
I was traveling to Bengaluru to attend a college friend’s wedding. It had been four years since we gathered from the same college. This wedding was also going to be a reunion of our batch mates. But what I didn’t know was that the reunion would begin much ahead of time; right in the queue in front of the airline counter.
I was almost sure it was she. Same height! Same long hair! Same complexion! Curiosity had my eyes glued to her. My ex-girlfriend stood two places ahead of me in that queue. We had never met after the college farewell.
All the past college memories started flowing through my eyes. She was the one whom I loved in my college days and was still in search of.           
One glance of her reminded me of the college canteen, those bunked classes, those  silent midnight walks in the college campus, those glimpses in the class, each and every day , I shared with her, was flowing in my mind.
Why did she broken up with me without knowing the fact? I hadn’t met her for the last four years, but just one single look of her made me think of her. Why couldn’t I find any girlfriend after she left me? Why am I still in love with her? Every question was taking me towards her.
I started to rush towards her, but failed to talk to her. She had already reached the checking area and started moving towards the plane. I just stayed there stunned.
The man who was standing beside me in the line pushed me to go ahead. This brought me to the real world and I started to move towards the plane.
Once inside the plane, I adjusted myself on the seat.
“She was not my Selena. She was someone else.” I thought, trying to consoled  myself. I was just thinking about her. My mind was captured by her thoughts.
“This is my seat!” said a man, looking at his air ticket.
I checked my ticket. It was my fault that I sat on the wrong seat. I was on seat A-2 instead of C-2. I said him sorry and move back to my booked seat. What I saw was totally amazing! I had my seat beside her. She was in the same plane. I did not believe on my luck. She was also shocked by seeing me.
I seated on my seat and worn the belt. The plane took-off. I was totally silent even she was. I wanted to talk with her. The girl whom I was searching from last 4 years was sitting beside me and I was silent.
“Hi!” I said, trying to break the silence.
“Hello!” she said, looking a bit nervous.
“I saw you at the checking area, and tried to call you but you finished checking and went ahead.”
“I have a severe headache, I need some rest. Can we talk a bit later?” she said.
“Yeah Sure!” I told her to take rest.
“Was she ignoring me? But why?” I thought.
I was just looking at the innocent face of her which hadn’t changed in those last four years. She was a totally the same. I know how madly we were in love with each other during those college days. Does she still have any space for me in her heart or she loves someone else. I tried not to think negatively.
The plane landed and the late morning air of Bengaluru was welcoming us. As soon as we came out of the airport, she started moving to another direction without saying any word. She went to a girl, who was waiting for her, might be any of her cousins.
I wanted to go with her but couldn’t. I just stood there like dumb hoping that she will turn back but she didn’t. She left the airport.
I took the cab and left for my friend, Aadi’s place. While memorizing the past memories with her, my eyes went outside the cab’s window. My eyes became wet seeing that cute couple who was on bike enjoying each other’s company, reminding me our past days when we two used to roam freely around the city on the bike without caring about any of the Delhi’s signals.
Wasting some of my time in Bengaluru’s traffic, I finally reached the destination. As Aadi was the son of one of the richest businessman of the city, the luxurious house was beautifully decorated with colourful flowers.
I entered the house. By spotting me, Aadi rushed to welcome me. We just hugged each other as we met after a long time.
“Congratulations! Bro, you are finally getting married. Want the party tonight, the death party.” I said, congratulating Aadi for the dead end (marriage) ahead.
“Of course, arrangements for the drinks are done for tonight.” He said.
I was excited as we both were going to enjoy drinks together after a long time. In college, we used to bet that who can drink more and always he used to win.
“When the other friends are coming to see you getting hang till death?” I asked commenting on his future marriage life.
When the two best friends meet, they don’t see the situations around. They just live their life to the fullest.
Whole day ended with helping Aadi for the smaller stuffs of marriage. And there comes the moment which we both were waiting for- ‘The Drinks Party’.
We sat on the table with the bottles of Chivas Regel.
“Are you ready?” he said challenging me to compete with him.
“Let’s start.” I accepted the challenge with excitement.
I completed the half bottle till he completed one. After one and half down, he slowed down the pace and I accelerated my speed of drinking and finished the two bottles completely. He gave up and told me to stop, keeping the bottle back on the table. But I was in no mood to stop. I was fully excited and finished two and half bottles. I had been completed third bottle also if Aadi would not have snatched the bottle from my hands.
I won. I didn’t believed, that the person who used to lose every time before Aadi, won the challenge against him.
“Oh! Anant, you are totally changed these days. You won against me. In the college days, you used to give up on just half bottle. What changed you so much?” he said, amazed by my win.
“The situation, bro. The life without her changed me. I was missing her so much that I was not aware how much I drank. You know, I met her today. I had my seat next to her. I tried to interact but she ignored, that’s how I felt.” I said by holding his hand.        
I again took the bottle in my hands but Aadi restricted me to do so.
“Do you know where she was for the last four years? I tried to find her everywhere but there was no sign of her.” I asked.
“How can I know, bro? I was in Canada for masters. But don’t worry I invited her for my wedding. She will come tomorrow. You talk to her and propose her again. I know how much she used to love you in the college.” He consoled me.
“Let’s sleep now; you have to get married tomorrow.” I said, as the clock strikes on two.
We went to sleep. But the thoughts of her not letting me sleep. I was eagerly waiting for tomorrow to come. I slept thinking of her.
The shining morning sun was waking me up. I didn’t know how to say her. My mind was totally blank.
I got ready in my new clothes and went to Aadi. He was busy with the rituals of marriage. So, I met my college friends. Everyone changed during those four years. After farewell, everyone fall apart and today met again together. Everyone seems to be happy.
But I was looking of the one I loved. I spotted her. She was looking gorgeous in the sari. I smiled looking at her.
She came towards us. We all friends were standing in a group. I was not able to take my eyes off from her.
I wanted to talk to her, but thought not to talk right now.
“I will directly propose her tonight.” I thought.
I was waiting for the night to come. I planned perfectly about proposing her again. I knew that she also loves me. I wanted to convey my feelings to her, to make her realize how much I missed her after she left me.
The time came, for what I was waiting for �"‘The wedding night’. I dressed well in my blazer with a red rose in my pocket, which was for a purpose.
We, all friends, went together to the wedding party plot. The venue was well decorated with colorful lights and numerous flowers.
“What will she think? Will she accept me again?” I thought, being very nervous.
Aadi gestured me to start on. She was exactly standing in front of me. I hold the mike and started speaking.
“Hello everyone! May I have your attention, please? I would like to convey you a story. There was a boy, who used to love a girl. The girl was very beautiful. The boy used to keep seeing her in the class and she also used to give her a cute smile. The boy was madly in love with her. He thought to propose her. One day, on the day of Valentine, he went to her with the red rose and, on knees, he proposed her. She accepted the rose and the `Yes` answer by her made his life colorful. They both used to love each other madly. They promised to be together forever. Every moment seemed happy to them. But, one day, one the eve of college farewell, she saw him hugging another girl. What she thought was, the boy betrayed her. Without having a second thought, she went near to him and slapped him and told him that everything is over between them and left the place. She misunderstood the situation. He never betrayed her. That girl which the boy was hugging failed in exams and missed placements in a company. The boy was just trying to consoled her.”
Everyone was curiously listening to the story. I had tears in my eyes.
“He went to his love and held her hand. He tried to tell her everything but she was in no mood to listen it. She left the place. He tried to find her everywhere, but failed to spot her anywhere. He went mad and lost control on his mind. He spared his four years from that day waiting for her, with a hope that she will come back.”
She also had tears in her eyes, which was the sign that she still loved me.
“Probably I’m that boy and the girl I loved is between us.”
“Selena, I love you. Come back. Till the day we broke up I had no girl in my life because I couldn’t find a perfect girl like you. Everyone says that the first love is always special, but you are my first and the last love. How can I forget such a special person? The moments we shared, the promises me made, don’t let me forget you. Yesterday when I saw you at the airport, my heart skipped a beat. I wanted to ask you so many questions, but you ignored me. Your tears say that you still love me. So what stops you to be with me, to be my old Selena?”
I sighed, just looking at her, bent down on my knees and continued to beg, “Today is the day when I proposed you earlier. I’m in the same position how I was six years before. Please, forget about every misunderstandings happened in the past and accept your Anant again as you did earlier. Please! My heart wants to say that please come back to…”
Something stopped me, a small boy moved towards her, “Mamma, why are you crying?”
A small boy gave me the answer of my every question. She married. I stopped speaking and had been there on the same position, alone, broken….
Everyone is not lucky enough to get their true love!!!
 

Stay Connected
Arjun Thakkar
M - 091 9998633741
www.facebook.com/thakkar.arjun.7
www.facebook.com/I-Dont-But-My-Heart-Cries-227510084122049/
Email ID - [email protected]

© 2016 Arjun Thakkar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on May 4, 2016
Last Updated on May 4, 2016

Author

Arjun Thakkar
Arjun Thakkar

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India



About
I am a writer and want to publish my works...!!! more..

Writing