Dr. Arslan: Rejuvenation - The Power of Resilience

Dr. Arslan: Rejuvenation - The Power of Resilience

A Story by ArrBee
"

It is Real Life Struggle Story of Dr. Arslan Akhtar Ali and how he managed to survive his Mental Illness i.e. Bipolar Affective Disorder.

"
Dr. Arslan Akhtar Ali was born in Kharian Cantt, Pakistan. He was born with the condition of Bilateral Ptosis. During his early years, he was exposed to a violent atmosphere since his father used to physically abuse his mother in front of him. He felt severe solitude as the youngest child and had a neurotic mentality. He was a backbencher who failed every subject till the 5th grade. The teachers used to make fun of him, and because his English abilities were poor, he was mistreated not only by his classmates but also by the teachers.
One day, an Urdu instructor walked into the classroom and began asking questions from the entire class. Dr. Arslan was the only student in the class who could not provide the proper response, so the teacher mocked him in front of the entire class by calling him an idiot and stupid.
His father died at the age of 9 from a brain rupture. Dr. Arslan's elder brother learned aggression from his father and began beating his mother and siblings. Dr. Arslan was at a market with his mother and elder brother when he respectfully asked his mother to purchase him a Rs.10 juice pack, on which his elder brother brutally assaulted him and he was sent to the hospital unconscious. This happened repeatedly until he was fourteen years old.
At 14, he breathed a sigh of relief when his elder brother grabbed all of his shares and parted when he was sent to Islamabad, but his personality was already borderline. He rose through the ranks, but his history haunted him. Later, when he reached high school, his classmates began making fun of him, saying he was not daring and courageous and can't even speak proper English.
He had his first panic attack, and his borderline personality morphed into a disorder personality. This was the hardest phase, because he was unaware of his mental disease, while social institutions such as family, friends, and school were unable to comprehend his dire situation. Everyone was condemning him for his poor grades, and no one could comprehend that he had Bipolar Affective Disorder.
When he became tired of the mental pain, he ordered him to see a psychologist. The receptionist at the clinic questioned his mother if his son was a psycho case. Dr. Arslan changed 14 colleges in order to pass his college examinations. After graduating from college, the next two years were the worst of his life since he couldn't get out of bed due to cyclothymic episodes of Bipolar Affective Disorder. His brain clock works automatic 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and he used to experience panic attacks in the washroom that lasted up to an hour.
He has lost his appetite and his weight has dropped to 54kg. The sun, a single drop of water, the presence of another person, and everything else used to jolt his heart and intellect. He chose the discipline of psychology and earned a gold medal in his first degree by authoring 7 international research articles and 13 theses.
Throughout his four-year degree, he experimented with several approaches to treat Bipolar Affective Disorder. He was still on antipsychotics after finishing his first degree with a gold medal. He lost trust in everything, even psychology, and one day, during a manic episode, committed suicide for the first time. He was sent to the polyclinic's ICU, where he remained in a coma for 176 days. He survived the first suicide attempt, but his family, instead of understanding him, began to push him farther down in this process, and his entire body continued to suffer from depression episodes for two months.
He traveled throughout Pakistan, meeting with every psychologist and psychiatrist he could find, but nothing worked. He committed suicide for the second time as a result of a lengthy depression episode. He was in ICU for sixteen days this time. When he met Dr. Sadaf, who had come from Canada, he had no idea it would be one of the most significant turning points in his life. Dr. Sadaf accepted Dr. Arslan's case because she too had survived four suicidal attempts before becoming a Canadian licensed psychologist.
Dr. Arslan began to rehabilitate under the guidance of Dr. Sadaf, and he was shortly summoned by Cambridge University England to pursue his Specialization in Abnormal Psychology. He published 288 worldwide research publications in the field of psychology at Cambridge University and rose to the top 1% of researchers in Pakistan.
Later, he wrote two advanced books on psychology, both of which were based on the Pakistani context and were published by Cambridge University Press. Dr. Arslan earned his Ph.D. in Neuropsychology from Austrian National University by taking on the position of honor in the field of Psychology after overcoming his own mental disorder.
Dr. Arslan is an APA-licensed psychologist, a member of the American National Board, and an American National Mental Health Constitution 12(2)-approved Dr. of Psychology. He nevertheless chose to return to Pakistan to assist in the area of psychology and to help the Pakistani people understand mental illness so that they do not suffer in silence. He created Psychology Experts to deliver online-based mental health treatment while adhering to international licensing norms at an affordable fee.
Dr. Arslan's services are now available on all verified national and international platforms. Dr. Arslan has over 6,000 international clients and over 11,000 Pakistani clients. Psychology Experts has international legal agreements with top certified doctors in the United States, England, Canada, and Australia. Dr. Arslan's life goal is to assist Pakistanis overcome mental illnesses while getting rid of antipsychotic medications. Dr. Arslan's life serves as real-life motivation for those who seek it.

© 2023 ArrBee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2984 Views
Added on June 15, 2023
Last Updated on June 15, 2023
Tags: psychology, mental health, suicide, Bipolar, psychiatrist, motivation, life story

Author

ArrBee
ArrBee

Islamabad, Federal, Pakistan



About
Dr. Arslan Akhtar Ali is Internationally Licensed Consultant Clinical Psychologist from Islamabad, Pakistan. Dr. Arslan Akhtar Ali himself survived Bipolar Affective Disorder for 10 years while survi.. more..