Android Lollipop 5.0 update: when can You get it?

Android Lollipop 5.0 update: when can You get it?

A Story by Artem
"

Android Lollipop is now out in the open and it includes a hat full of new features, a visual overhaul and numerous under-the-hood improvements to make if faster...

"

Android Lollipop is now out in the open and it includes a hat full of new features, a visual overhaul and numerous under-the-hood improvements to make if faster, more efficient and lighter on your battery, but while we know all about it, it's not yet available for public consumption.

Even once it does launch it will be down to individual manufacturers to port it to their devices, so chances are you'll still be waiting a while to get it on your phone and tablet (unless you've gone full Nexus already) and most companies haven't yet been all that forthcoming with details of when they'll bring it to their phones and tablets.

But we do know some things and we can take educated guesses at others, so read on for all the information and theories on when you might see Android Lollipop on your device.

Google

During the launch of the Nexus 6, Android Lollipop was officially confirmed as the name for Android 5.0.
The Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 are Google's first devices to come with Android Lollipop, but these aren't the only Nexus products which will get the latest sweet treat.

A recent announcement by the official Android Twitter account revealed that the Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade is now being rolled out to the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (both the 2012 and 2013 versions) and the Nexus 10.
The rolling out of the update will be done in waves, which will take around three weeks to reach every customer.
Asus has announced that Android 5.0 Lollipop will be available right now for both generations of its Nexus 7 tablets, though just the Wi-Fi only models for now.
The roll out has not yet begun for the cellular versions of the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 or the Nexus 4. Those handsets should see an update later on, though Google has not indicated when this will be.
Any Nexus devices older than the ones we've already mentioned are all but guaranteed not to get it, meaning that Nexus S owners are plum out of luck. Google has also confirmed that the Galaxy Nexuswill not receive the update.
Author: 11131990990a

© 2014 Artem


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on December 18, 2014
Last Updated on December 18, 2014
Tags: Mobile, Android, Lollipop, google

Author

Artem
Artem

Kiev, Ukraine



Writing