infinite clarity of my twisted sobriety- random no. 8  (A Mortal Coil)

infinite clarity of my twisted sobriety- random no. 8 (A Mortal Coil)

A Poem by Arthur Chua

 

 

 

as one walks on cobbled stones of a long begotten wall...
May the forgotten pauper stands tall...

amongst the Braves
we seek a sanctuary that begets all that the mortal hunger craves...

in 18 months we love as a lifetime...
in a mere second we transcend beyond our mortal prime...

Like a prisoner that holds the key...
Freedom breaks from the Highest of the begotten freaks

 

 

and in the Night...
when all bow to the enlightened Might...

Mere thespians runth towards the Light
And the warrior surrender without any fight

In Love and war none succumbed to the mathematics of our mortal plight...
Ah... but all that remains is the hexagonal shape of an illustrious eight...

May All be forgiven & justify its right...

© 2009 Arthur Chua


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i find the style of your poem intriguing...and there are moments where it slips into old english...the metaphors you used are rather difficult to get...i guess it must have been late and it's your first draft...i believe if you tidy up some of the lines your message would be stronger...but nonetheless, it a brave poem of a modern day 'prophet'...good on ya!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

needless to say, there is no force rhyming in here, it transcends more peacefully as to what it speaks.

love this line...

"a prisoner that holds the key...
Freedom breaks from the Highest of the begotten freaks" - it seems to be ironically diverse and superb in its poetic sense, just by a bit of the usage of "freaks", I may suggest you use some other term.. it seems out of place yet the message is profound.

love the title to. is there more to come out from this?

Posted 14 Years Ago


i find the style of your poem intriguing...and there are moments where it slips into old english...the metaphors you used are rather difficult to get...i guess it must have been late and it's your first draft...i believe if you tidy up some of the lines your message would be stronger...but nonetheless, it a brave poem of a modern day 'prophet'...good on ya!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2009

Author

Arthur Chua
Arthur Chua

Singapore, Singapore



About
unassuming ,impartial, Romancing the Oneness... more..

Writing