A Soldier's Last Cigarette

A Soldier's Last Cigarette

A Story by Su' Nacnetaf

On one side of the barracks there a man can be seen smoking, glancing the smoke's reflection on a broken window's shard. Darkness begans to suffocate the light, no longer can the man feel the smoke nor see himself in light's absence. The man is sweaty and the night feels heavier and warmer every second. It appeared as if air itself was paralized within the barracks, not even the sounds of gunfire, all which remains is silence. A silence which is only interrupted briefly due to the man of agitated breathing who begans to forget his own face. Slowly but surely he could feel how his body disappeared, sorrounded little by little with shadows, engulfed in fear of being forgotten, even though the only one who could ever remember him was himself. His past vanished with one big exhalation of smoke, his present is now irrelevant. Within the darkness which sorrounded him, he encounters a weak beam of light, it was his handgun. Just one bullet left, he holds his gun firmly pointing to his own head, and he finished his last cigarette.

© 2009 Su' Nacnetaf


Author's Note

Su' Nacnetaf
Ignore bad grammar, if any.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh My! This was intense really, then I got to the end, And had a laugh.
This is wonderful, like your style!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 29, 2009

Author

Su' Nacnetaf
Su' Nacnetaf

About
You Are Romanticism You are likely to see the world as it should be, not as it is. You prefer to celebrate the great things people do... not the horrors they're capable of. For you,.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Su' Nacnetaf