If God Hadn't Gone

If God Hadn't Gone

A Story by Su' Nacnetaf

Life was precious back in those amber days of summer, butterflies flew all over the colored flowered fields where I used to watch the sky. Yes indeed, life was beautiful and joyful, everything was the perfect picture of Eden, God’s best piece of art, if I shall say it myself. I would like to stay in the past, before, when the birds sang in orchestra for me, for you, when the sun shined gently over my face. The sky was cristal blue and air was fresh and easy to breathe, mirage paradise in which we used to play.

 

What happened to the birds? What happened to the lesser river which crossed between the field? What happened to my dearest?

 

The once full of life field which I knew rests now lifeless, as if it had never existed, as if nobody cared. At first I thought my eyes were deceived by a devil’s spell, but the more I saw, the more I realized that Eden is gone forever. A war between life and death, leading death to victory, left this field among destruction, decadence. My heart shattered with the sight of rotting corpses among the ashes, even children rest now with the unliving.

 

Who in all world could’ve been able to do such a despiseful act of anger? What has it done to the world? Why?

 

I remember her voice as if she had just spoken to me a moment ago, she and I were meant to be together, my dearest Catrina what has become of you? I remember how she whispered my name to my ear, “Sophie”, and I remember how it always tickled me. Our love was the most valuable matter I ever had, but my, I see you no more, not even among the corpses have I found you, which only feeds my hope to find you alive, but where?

 

Are you well? Would you recognize me after all these years? Do you still love me above all the living and more?

 

There was a tree here once, tall and with plenty leaves, which provided a fair shadow for us when the sun made us weary. I would play the harp and she would play the flute as our sisters would dance to our music. Everyday was a celabration, every day was a gift, a special momentum worth celebrating.

 

Have you thought of me? Have you looked for me? Is there still hope for a next encounter with you?

 

Pollution killed the birds, the fishes, the butterflies. And men killed themselves and every other lifeform that has ever existed. Factories grew and blocked our rivers and tore down our forests. Men, the men, always them, never has a human thought of other than himself. They would rather die than showing empathy for others, egocentric and psychotic, neurotic and perverse forever.

 

There is no reason or excuse for this, yet there is no one left to receive the concequences for these acts, yet enough punishment would be to live what I’m living right now, the results of their race to disperfection. I’m sorry for leaving, I’m sorry because I let all this happen, would I have another chance, I would mend my mistake.

 

If only God hadn’t gone.

© 2009 Su' Nacnetaf


Author's Note

Su' Nacnetaf
Ignore bad grammar, if any.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Einstien said The scariest thing in life is not the evil doers.It is the good men who watch and do nothing.
I love the story and it left me with questions like a good story should.Does God blame himself or men?Does he find creating manto be the mistake or leaving them to their own?Where did god go,was he on vacation?
Alot of times I find people are so engaged in blaming themselves for whats happening to the world that they sit back and let the evildoers prevail.
You can stop driving your car,buying plastic,eating meat,wasting water.all of this is good ,but none of it will stop the chemtrails,the hauldron collider,the G.M.O.s and the all around destruction of entire ecosystems in the name of corperate power.Jan 22nd is chemtrail awareness day.Go to mass Demand Action or Aircrap.com and say you ant to throw in yoursupport.It's easy

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2009
Last Updated on December 30, 2009

Author

Su' Nacnetaf
Su' Nacnetaf

About
You Are Romanticism You are likely to see the world as it should be, not as it is. You prefer to celebrate the great things people do... not the horrors they're capable of. For you,.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Su' Nacnetaf