Loyalty behind grave

Loyalty behind grave

A Story by ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

Look one autumn eve a man
was looking at his way towards
the guarded lines. As quiet as a silent
night he went and with him there was
a dear friend, a trusty traveller, a precisous dog of his.

He was on a secret mission, to creep
behind the borders of enemy. Every step could be misleading. But his course was guide by his dear dog as a black as night and brown eyes with full of love.

Look one autumn as the night turned towards the morning, a pale light was seen shivering on the sky and our man - he was caught by the enemy!

Now he was sentenced to die, as a spy, and he asked no forgiveness for himself expect to his dear dog, and to have his dog to be with him on his last night on this earth.

But he was not granted what he asked nor they listened his plead and one of them, a hard - headed man, ordered that the dog had to get rid of it!

A shot in the silent night, echoing there till this very day, haunted that place.

Look as dawn came and he was walking towards the men and what then happend, a smile rose on his face as he greeted his precisous dog as he came to him!

For he did not known then that his dog was dead.

But no one else did not saw anything except he who had ordered the spy's dog to be shot! For now that hard - hearted man were shivering with agony and fear. He tried to speak, three times, and three times his words died on his trembling lips.

The dog, a black as night with his brown eyes turned now towards those men who were at his deathplace and his barking was like a echo of their guilty souls!

The next day they all were attacked by his comrades and all fled and all were dead. Some said they saw a little black dog walking ahead of them and after that - no one saw him anymore. But the sound of his echoed there ever after, always on a moonless nights.

Our man, sentenced to death, released that day, always believed that loyalty of his dear dog behind grave, had saved his life.

© 2021 ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair


Author's Note

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
Inspiration to this story found its way from a 'ghost story' about a man and his dog, a collection of stories about ghosts written by Peter Underwood.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I did liked this tale dear Sarah. You create interesting character and interesting situation. I liked the use of the dog. I wanted to know and read more. Hello dear friend from Michigan and thank you for sharing the outstanding tale.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

2 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts dear friend.
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I enjoyed these words dear Sarah and you are welcome.



Reviews

I did liked this tale dear Sarah. You create interesting character and interesting situation. I liked the use of the dog. I wanted to know and read more. Hello dear friend from Michigan and thank you for sharing the outstanding tale.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

2 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts dear friend.
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I enjoyed these words dear Sarah and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 18, 2021
Last Updated on May 18, 2021
Tags: short stories, supernatural, ghost dog, ghosts, ghost

Author

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

Teleri of Aman ~ Middle-Earth ~ Finland



About
' I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind. ' ~Emily .. more..

Writing