Greed

Greed

A Story by Arwen

 

GREED
 
We never saw my brother for virtually all day and night. My parents started to grow worried. When we did see him it was only when he came in to get a change of clothes or to have a shave.
   Then one day when I was coming home from school I seen him with a very infamous person. Then I seen that persons eyes. They were as cold and hard as agates. Those eyes shook the very core of my soul; those eyes had evil in them.
“Nero!” I called. He turned and seen me.
“Go home Rose, I’m busy.” My brother replied. The tone of voice my brother used really upset me. When I finally got home my parents were watching the news, the news lady was talking about that Nero!
“Be very careful of this man, he is highly dangerous. If you see this man call the police immediately, he is an escaped murderer and robber.” And there next to her was a picture of the man. He had sleek almost grimy short blonde hair. Those eyes were as I told you before, even though his eyes were blue as forget – me – knots, with a half formed beard on his handsome features and upon those features was a malicious sneer that laughed about all of the evil that he has committed.
   Once I seen that picture I dropped my bag and gasped.
“Rose dear what is the matter?” mother asked me.
“Um. . . . . .nothing mother, I thought I seen a big spider.” I lied so I went upstairs and went to bed. As the next day dawned I was getting ready to go out to look for my brother. Well it was a Saturday after all. So I sneaked out of the house before my parents got up, but I did leave them a note saying that I was going out. Once I left the house I started to look for my brother and that man. After about two or three hours I found them, they were going into an alleyway and of course I followed them.
“You know what to do I assume?” said a gruff voice.
“Yes Scar I know what to do” came my brother’s voice.
“Good” replied the one called Scar. I then accidentally knocked a bin over behind me when I tried to go back.
“Who’s there?” demanded Scar. I held my breath and hid behind a wheelie bin. But that did not stop him from finding me. He had his knife drawn. But the first thing I seen was the knife pointing down at me, then I seen his eyes filled with malice.
“Rose what are you doing here?” asked Nero.
“You know this spy?” Scar asked my brother.
“Yes she’s my sister, Rose.” My brother replied.
“You’re lucky that your brother is here girl, because other wise you would not be.” The one called Scar told me
“Go home Rose, and stay there.” Nero told me. So I got up and went home thinking. What are they going to do? What is it that Nero knows what to do?
   I finally arrived home with those questions running through my mind. My mother noticed the look that I had upon my face.
“What are you thinking about love?” she asked me
“Hmmm . . . . . what, sorry mother what did you say?”
“What are you thinking about?”
“Oh nothing much.” I replied and I then went up to my room and sat on my bed trying to answer those questions. The answers came a couple of days later. It was Friday I was coming home from school. An alarm from a bank went off in front of me and my brother came running out followed by Scar.
“Anyone moves and they are dead.” Scar told the people in the bank.
“Nero what’s going on?” I asked.
“Nothing Rose, Run” Nero told me grabbing my arm, as the police came driving around the corner with their sirens on. When we neared my house the money was thrust into my arms.
“We can trust you I hope?” Scar asked me. And stupid me nodded.
“Good keep the money safe once all of this has calmed down bring the money along with your brother.” Scar told us both and then ran.
   That night police came knocking at our door, my mother answered. In came the police. They started to ask our parents questions, then they looked at my brother and me.
“Come on now kids if you know something then out with it.” Said the officer.
“Ummm…… we” Nero faltered.
“Yes boy” the police officer urged. Then I seen the look scared look on my brothers face and I stood up.
“I did it.” I announced
“I was me.”
“Rose!” said my parents shocked
“You robbed the bank?” the officer asked and I nodded.
“Very well then, you are under arrest.” The police officer told me and handcuffed me and took me away. Once I had gone Nero ran out of the door and went to find Scar. After a while Nero found him in a old run down ware house.
“Scar where are you?” called Nero
“What do you want boy?” Scar replied.
“They have taken her.”
“Who have taken who?” he asked
“The police have taken Rose. She took the blame for what we have done.” Nero explained.
“Ohh well” replied Scar
“Please Scar you have got to help me, please.” Begged Nero and he started to cry. Scar sighed.
“Ohh all right. I’ll go and confess.” Scar told Nero.
“Thank you Scar.”
   And so Scar came to the police station and confessed it all. And I was taken out of the cell. And when I walked past Scar I heard the officer behind him say.
“Come on Logun, its even longer for you now.” Logun that name is so familiar.
“Wait a minute, please can I speak with him?” I asked the officers.
“I don’t know” they said a bit unsure.
“Please?” I asked.
“All right 10 minutes.” They told me so they led us to a room where we could speak in private, then they left us.
“Tell me this. Are your parents called Lucy and Steve?” I asked him
“Yes” he replied and my face lit up as it all came to me.
“But why the nickname “Scar”?” I asked him.
“Because I have a scar on my shoulder, and plus that’s what my friends called me.” He told me. I then went over to him and hugged him.
“Thank you brother.” I thanked him.
“Its alright” he replied.
“But did you know? Is that why you did not kill me in the alleyway?” I asked him.
“Yes I knew you were my sister, and that Nero is my brother” he replied then for the first time that I have ever seen, he smiled at me and kissed my forehead.
“Please stop what you are doing, and when you come out of prison come back home and live with us?” I asked him and once again I hugged him.
   After two years he came out of prison and I was there to meet him. And he stopped being a murderer and robber and came home with me and got work as an honest man in a café, would you believe it? I certainly did not.

© 2009 Arwen


Author's Note

Arwen
i was asked to write a story on one of the seven deadly sins for school, so i chose greed as every one has greed inside of them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Arwen, you have a wonderful imagination, totally love reading your stories. Excellent penning.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 3, 2009

Author

Arwen
Arwen

south wales, United Kingdom



About
hi im 19, female and im in college, studying national diploma in horse management. I love writing my own stories and i love to read books, at the mo im reading books written by kelly armstrong. I also.. more..

Writing
The Demon God The Demon God

A Story by Arwen