Words

Words

A Poem by Heather Anne

Some days the darkness rolls
boils and spews forth,
More and more.
Driving me to oblivion,
Blowing out the flickering.

Time is just a number,
constant, changing, ever infinite.
As trust and belief in a better time dwindle
And ever on they just lie, hurt and don't care.
Some seem blind to their actions,or
it's that they see and don't give a damn.

Words and more words
are tainted with a poison
and every one said must be examined,
but the truth behind them
is never known.

© 2013 Heather Anne


Author's Note

Heather Anne
Still working on this

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for the the crit and thought. I'll have a look at it and see if I still feel the poem the way its written and how it might work with your advice.

I like the idea of enhancing the words like that, I often dont think about it because it would be messy but I forget that I'll eventually be typing them up so thanks :)

Time is a number because when we lose time its just numbers on a clock to us while in reality the "loss"of time is a lot bigger than numbers that we as people came up with. It's the sun,earth and moon.

Thanks for that on dwindles a typo actually.

The last three lines-there isn't a word missing its about how every word we say or that is said to us has to be examined as it all holds meaning, sometimes carrying lies and empty promises.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
The first two lines are good -- the 'rule of three' on the hot liquid verbs works well. I wonder if this can be enhanced by having them all on their own line.
I think the capital 'More' after the previous line's comma might be a mistake.

The metaphor of "time as a number" is confusing to me -- it has more effect on the universe than a number.
The last word of line eight would read better as "dwindles".

The last three lines are powerful, but "everyone said must be examined" seems to be missing a word, as it doesn't quite fully make sense to me.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 4, 2013
Last Updated on May 4, 2013

Author

Heather Anne
Heather Anne

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



Writing
Rage Rage

A Poem by Heather Anne