Silence

Silence

A Story by A.E Dvir
"

A description

"
(n): calm, calmness, hush, noiselesness, peace, quiet, quietness, soundlessness, stilness, tranquillity

When you look up the word silence in the Oxford dictionary, these are the words used to describe it. It can mean quiet, like the dead of night, when you're the only one awake; the rest of the word sleeping. It can mean tranquillity and peace, that feeling you get when you sit beside a lake. It can also mean soundlessness; submerging your head underwater and feeling like you've removed yourself from sound and noise. Silence can mean stilness. It can mean all of the above, but it can also mean so much more. When you've climbed halfway up a mountain, somewhere deep in the desert, and you sit down on a boulder, gazing down at the vast expanse before you, the valleys and cliffs, silence can become something you touch and breath in. When it's just you, alone, it can become a presence, keeping you company. When you get up and continue climbing, the mountain looming above you, a seemingly impossible feat, the silence can call out to you. Urging you on, telling you to ignore the strain and burning of you muscles; to take just one more step. And then, when you've reached the top and you look down at how far you've come, taking in the earth, the sky, the distant horizon, silence turns into the beating of your own heart. It can turn into your soul; it can turn into the knowledge that this is truly living, the very essence if being alive. This silence, this is what you need to look for. Being alone, with just your heart beating; nature and silence surrounding you, is what sets your soul free. To be who you are. To be just YOU.

© 2016 A.E Dvir


Author's Note

A.E Dvir
I checked the spelling a coulpe of times, but there might still be some mistakes..please let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I must claim this beautiful poetry a one of my favourites! Very inspirational!! I like reading such stuffs that allow readers to look beyond the readerships & take 'em to somewhere in the world of peace. And you do a very excellent job here! I appreciate you for your clever and "active" sense of humor that how creatively you think something like this outta the vibes of Oxford dictionary words. Am impressed. You are a passionate soul - a true writer, who understands very well how to mix ingredients to make stuffs delicious enough even to smell as well to taste by all means.

Keep writing stories either. Am interested in you (or in your stuffs, I should say). Lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


A.E Dvir

8 Years Ago

Haha glad to hear you liked it, thank you :)
Inspiring Writer

8 Years Ago

Who says I like it? I just "love" this! ;)
You should post some of your more artistic stories.. read more
A.E Dvir

8 Years Ago

I'll try to post more :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 4, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2016
Tags: nature, silence, self