Basket Case

Basket Case

A Poem by Ashira Macy

She is eight ounces of crazy,

Two tablespoons of wrecked,

And twenty grams of chaos -

Served up on a platter

Of unprecedented basket case

Smothered in verbatim

Death by chocolate

And heavily seasoned in

Introspective rage

Fueled by long voracious nights

And sensory barraged days

Of life long subjugation.

© 2014 Ashira Macy


Author's Note

Ashira Macy
A little late night rant.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The first part reminded me of "10lbs of crazy in a 2lb bag" or however that expression goes.
While I like the line "death by chocolate" on its own - I don't see the correlation, unless what she is addicted to is food (I base that off of reading your responses to other reviews) but with limited food analogies that wouldn't be my first guess.

I think the ending confused me because it has some intense word choice, but at this point I haven't pinned down what you are being intense about.

It's funny. I was planning on this review being limited to "And heavily seasoned in
Introspective rage" is my favorite line, but once I started typing I started wondering about the overall meaning of the poem.

Then again, maybe I'm missing something
Well done as usual

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you C. Rose, I always enjoy your reviews, and I owe you a visit for sure, I promise I am comin.. read more



Reviews

Sometimes, the night takes ov`r the heart the way, it becomes itself the throne of "rants" to speak out the truth to the universe... with the mist fleshes of its beats. Well written!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
I love the way you associated insanity with food. It does not seem like a dish I would like to join you for dinner with, but it still makes for an interesting poem :P Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

There is a lot of relation between food and insanity I think, especially where sugar is concerned, a.. read more
I love this, the pic, the song, everything. No critique, in the faves!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend, so glad it appealed to you!
Not having much to do with your poem or poetry in general, I liked the variation of units in your measurements: ounces, tablespoons , grams. Baxter Black, cowboy poet and large animal veterinarian, does a wonderful skit about measurements. He considers the english system old fashioned, but the metric system sounds vaguely communistic to him. His basic unit of volume is the cowfull. Personally, I like the old apothecary scale of measurement. I know that after having a dram or two I lose all my scruples.

Posted 9 Years Ago


When I read the first few lines of this poem,I thougt I knew this woman as she once was. WHen I readthe last of it, I saw her as she is now. Actually, she's one of my best friends, and I wrote a poem about her myself.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

I would love to read it, what is it called?
Marie

9 Years Ago

I think it's called "To E.C."
Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

I will take a look. =)
Ok, I am DEFINITELY not having what she's having. I've already got too many mixed nuts in my head...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Haha that is probably best. =)
This is a piece that tells the reader not what they want to hear but what they need to hear...I detected an undertone of an eating disorder in this one, among many other things...my own introspections are doomed to heavy seasonings of rage, and there are many elements of my past that I attempt to suppress for that reason, but I may never write if I didn't go back to them from time to time...I hope you are feeling better than this piece suggests my friend...it may be a rant, but you rant beautifully...my favourite poetry is of the most emotionally-charged variety, and this one certainly fits that criterion...well done Ashira :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

You hit the nail right on the head, good eye my friend, not everyone would spot that. There was a to.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend...I think we're on a similar wavelength these days...rough week...I do.. read more
So how's the diet working out so far?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Could be better. Lol.
Better to be addicted to the glory of each new day. Still and all, the mind is a complex thing.

Got to admit to liking chocolate though

T

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

I agree, it is something we have to train ourselves to do.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1178 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 3, 2014
Tags: addiction, rant, food

Author

Ashira Macy
Ashira Macy

Martinez, CA



About
I am 24 years old and just getting back into writing after not using the skill for a few years, so I am a bit rusty. I am excited to share my new work as well as some old with this community and would.. more..

Writing
Lucky Lucky

A Poem by Ashira Macy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Tate Morgan