A Seahorse Worldview

A Seahorse Worldview

A Story by Ashira Macy
"

Just a bit of drabble that came out after reading some comments on an article explaining the difference between pro-life and pro-birth, and the hypocrisy that is embedded in the subject.

"
Sometimes I wonder what our world would be like if we were like seahorses. 
The male seahorses are the ones who carry the children. 
If men were the ones who had to take responsibility for having sex and getting pregnant without the means or preparedness to support their children...
Would society still be trying to take their reproductive rights away? 
I think about that, but then I think that the human binary way of thinking would just completely reverse the roles.
Men would be the new women. 
The oppressed sex. 
The ones who are always fighting for rights that they have been denied by the privileged. 
Because people just don't seem to have enough empathy or willingness to give up some of their own privilege. 
"The more you have, the less I have" mentality is going to be our demise if we don't
shape 
the 
f**k 
up.

© 2015 Ashira Macy


Author's Note

Ashira Macy
Talk to me. Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have raised some very poignant and genuine questions. Stronger seldom share their power with the less fortunes. This is the main cause of imbalance in society and the world as a whole.

Posted 8 Years Ago


well...a can of worms has been opened ;) your comments tell me this is about abortion but your write encompasses much more ... my position on abortion has nothing to do with "women's rights" ... abortions are about killing ... freedom to choose is not automatically prohibited by my belief that the potential (life) we all see in newborns ... in toddlers .. pre-teens, teens etc etc also exists from the moment of conception .. that is my belief and position on life ... what i object to is the tax dollars i am forced to pay are also used to support abortions .. i would not object to those same dollars being spent on life supporting issues .. womens cancer research and treatments, adoption, etc. ... but i don't have that choice as things stand in America right now .. :) with all respect ..those are my thoughts ... really glad to see you posting Ashira!! love and peace
E.
ps. bravely stated .... i feel your angst .. and oppression in all its ugliness needs constant rejection and condemnation ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is an amazing story you've wrote here. I would really like to thank you
for taking time to put into words how you feel about this important subject.
I welcome this opportunity to learn.

Posted 8 Years Ago


i am so happy to see you are back...........
you have written much truth here.........
i too often wonder why are there so many crimes and oppression of women.
i mean i see rational people all around me, which bewilders me that how any why and when did this stupidity start........?
i can accept the ancient theory of protection but we don't own each other........right?
though i would still say that it should not solely be choice of only one person...........as two people are involved........every decision should be their and their only.........and that too should be mutual and not forced..........
:)


Posted 8 Years Ago


So much truth can be found in these words. A human society, by definition, is a group of people involved in persistent social interaction, or a large social grouping sharing the same geographical or social territory, typically subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations. Most even try to push the exact way of thinking onto the whole of it. Modern day society has become nothing more than large familial groups where the individuals think only about themselves. They don't think about their own family let alone the future of their offspring or how much shame they are bringing to their ancestral names.

There will never be peace. Everyone so quick to jump on any bandwagon they see and try to fight for something they know nothing about. They cry "Racist!" "Sexist!" "Feminist!" and a great many other words when they don't get their way in an attempt to force the one denying them to change their mind. They expect the world around them to raise their children, and to supply them with privileges they don't plan to ever earn. They care not even about what they need, but only what they want and damn any and all who think to deny them.

They grow offended when anyone dares to think, speak, act, or live differently than they do. And they aren't afraid to let the world know they can't handle the fact that people aren't of the same mind as them, regardless of the fact that they don't have to live with the consequences of others choices.


Sorry for the rant. Your piece was very well written and very inspiring.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You write as it is said.
You are right in what you say
Man dominates and hates
Woman capitulates and wastes
We both share this page
Theirs no compulsion or desire
To copulate for its to late
You have your limited rights
For man is such a Bobo Sapien.

Posted 8 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

559 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2015
Last Updated on October 12, 2015

Author

Ashira Macy
Ashira Macy

Martinez, CA



About
I am 24 years old and just getting back into writing after not using the skill for a few years, so I am a bit rusty. I am excited to share my new work as well as some old with this community and would.. more..

Writing
Lucky Lucky

A Poem by Ashira Macy


Distant Distant

A Poem by Ashira Macy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flux Flux

A Poem by Ashira Macy