Shoutout

Shoutout

A Poem by Morgan Ashire
"

This is my shout out to all of the people in this world who use others for personal gain, with no regard or respect for any form of life other than their own.

"

Now, why all this hate?

Why must you constantly discriminate?

How can you see me, being me,

Yet feign acceptance with hypocrisy,

Create another controversy,

And scream, "This is idiosyncrasy!"

Syncratic, yet dramatic.

Claiming movement, yet so static.

This is all a convolution.

It's an illusion. There is no solution.

Using all people for what you can gain,

I detect no respect and its driving me insane.

Give the respect and earn what you reap.

There is no honor in a world of deceit.

You are no soldier and you fight for no cause.

You fight for your addiction to people, but did you ever just stand there and pause

To think of the pain that burns in your wake?

When the finger's on you, oh, its a mistake.

Everyone's at fault, but you, and its burning.

You know the truth, but you're not concerning

Yourself with the details lit by your fire.

Your devotion to YOU is your only desire.

So remember that pain that burns in your wake.

Everyone knows it, but you. You're a fake.

© 2008 Morgan Ashire


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very powerful poem. You have a lot of potential to turn this into a verbal poem. The theme seems to be a trend these days and I hope that more people read this piece of work to realize that everyone needs to wake up and be kind to each other. You can never gain anything without the help of others, but it is not a take take situation. It's a give and recieve one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm going have to say that it's so damn true how people are like that today. Seriously pissing me off when they are like that. Faker? Well, there's much more to that; There are "Greedy" "Selfish" "User" and so on. By the way, very nice of picking the words like that (even though I'll admit that I've used dictionary for two words I didn't know) Also, I've sensed alots of anger, yet so calm while reading it, because it's like you're expressing how ungrateful people can be and you've got better things to do rather than putting up with their bullshits...

On the other hand, it's all still great tho, so no worries there...


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Power!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Give the respect and earn what you reap.

this is the only line in the poem that i dont like, to me it just doesnt fit in. Everytging else is lyrical except for this one. It kind of sticks in your throat a little

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's so strong and powerful

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

""Using all people for what you can gain,
I detect no respect and its driving me insane.""

The first line made me stop for a minute...but just a moment, and it brought me back into school,
looking around and seeing/hearing a c i d like voices that attempt to manipulate whoever they can and
many succeed. And that f*cking k i l l s me.
The second line is all more than true, because those who lack respect, even the slightest bit,
seem to be worthless - but could be so much more....although their abrupt choices don't exactly
help them in this case.

I loved the use of this line

"You are no soldier and you fight for no cause."

Because it just s l a s h e s their faces with sheer truth.
All of those who use senseless words sided without actions...agh! that drives me mad!
But we have to consider .. that .. people will be people ... no matter how irritable it may become.

I loved this write,
I wish I would have read it sooner.

Keep writing - I know you will.

~*AC*~

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

seems to me a lack of common sence on the part of the writee not the writer. who ever this is about or generalized on a few people shows that the people you know are DE DE DE! --carlos manciea, but fret not thy words spoke to more then just those that are reading them but to a whole of a society must bring positive win/win influences not magnificent idoicy! well written

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is more of a rant than a poem right? I liked it and it reminded me why I stick to myself (smile)
Great write Morgan. Thanks for reminding us of what hate is.
Kelley Frost

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is great! there a lot of people out there who should read this piece...there are some great statements in this!


Using all people for what you can gain,

I detect no respect and its driving me insane.


i also thought it has a good flow and i enjoyed the rhyme scheme. very well done! i loved it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I don't know why, but I kept hearing someone like M&M or Dr. Dre dropping your words to a track.
The pace of the words was ongoing, like a train rolling down the tracks. Very cool, and very well done! And I think you're right, too many people are "fake." Just doing harm for the sake of turning a buck against their fellow man...like Wall Street Speculators and damn Oil interests!

See...now you got me all juiced up! Good work!
M

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This poem has a very realistic perspective. This is very true of everyone especially in society today where everyone seems rushed and motivated with that selfish intent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1480 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 12, 2008
Last Updated on April 11, 2008

Author

Morgan Ashire
Morgan Ashire

Chandler, AZ



About
I am a relatively new writer who is, in my eyes, just starting to be heard by those around me. I have no reputation, nor do I really seek one. I am here to share my writing. I am also looking at the p.. more..

Writing
Arise Arise

A Poem by Morgan Ashire


I Am I Am

A Poem by Morgan Ashire



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..