Nightriders

Nightriders

A Story by Ash62
"

Zada Hall lives in a world where it's not safe to be wandering about the streets of her small town at night. There lives a gang of people, who only seek power. They are called the Nightriders.

"
                                          NightRiders
                                                        Book 1
There was a time in history, were everyone was safe. But this time, It's different. Days,Years went by, and it's changed how people are. Men,woman and children were taken by these--- these monsters. There a gang of people, That roam only at night. They kidnap any innocent person in their path. No one knows the identity of the killers, they live amongst all of us. The only way you can tell there coming is the roar of their motarcycle, laughing that echos the empty streets, we call them the Night Riders. The government can't even surpass them. There completely impossible. However, I met this boy, He taught me not to be scared. Little did I know he was closer to the killers then I thought . . . 
                                                                  * * *
"Zada!" The little boy yelled running down to stairs to me. I turned away from his parents and smiled at him. " Remember to put him to bed at 8:30 " His mom reminded me. " Of course Mrs. Evan's " I said, nodding. She leaned in near my ear and whispered. " Don't go outside what ever you do, I trust you Zada. Keep my little boy safe." I sighed. Hearing this makes my spine shiver. I looked up at her." I promise. " And I did mean it , at night it's a whole different place, no place for anyone to be at: not even someone like who was tough. Soon after they left, the little boy ran full  speed and jumped into my arms. We both laughed. "Hey Erik" I said to him while carefully put him  down safely on the ground. " What do you want to do  tonight " I said cheerfully. He sat on the  ground looking around, thinking. I saw his eyes move towards the door. I sighed and sat next to him. " You know the rules. " I said. His face looked as if he eaten a bad apple, and he threw his fist in the air. " That's stupid! Mommy and Daddy  get to go out! Why can't we !" He yelled. I stood up and picked him off the ground and into my arms. " Mommy and Daddy are only visiting the neighbors. " He looked at me, his eyes sparking with clear water. " Then why are you here!". I laughed and taped his nose " So we can have some fun! " I yelled tickling him with my right hand while holding him in the other. We finally decided to watch a movie, I gathered blankets and pillows for us to be comparable and just in case we fell asleep. I put some popcorn in the microwave, and waited till it was done. We were prepared and ready to pick the movie, which in this case was difficult to complete because he was only 6 and very picky. " How about t his one?" I asked. He hugged his Teddy bear tighter and shook his head hard. " Alright " I mumbled. Finally I came across a PG movie that looked entertaining for his age. But again, he  wanted no part of it. Minutes later he finally agreed on a movie about trucks, It was already 8:00PM when i selected PLAY, and surprisingly It was hard staying awake. My eyes kept demanding to be closed. But I knew I had to stay awake to watch Erik. I looked over at him and he was laughing and kicking his feet at the sight of the movie. I knew he was too busy focused on the movie enough to do anything dumb. I let my eyes rest and before I knew it I was in a deep sleep. 
                          Chapter 2 
My eyes flashed open to the sound of the door shut. I threw the covers behind me and looked over to the right to see no Erik. "Erik!" I yelled. Everything was like slow motion. Even my thoughts. I ran out the door into the cold atmosphere with my heart beating fast. "Erik! " I yelled again.I walked further down the driveway, crossing my arms for warmth. Suddenly, there was noises in the bushes near by and out popped Erik yelling "Boo!",  I was too reallied to see Erik,that I wasn't mad. I grabbed his hand and headed towards the house. But something stopped me--The sound of  motorcycles. Not just one but it sounded like 10. 10 of them wanted to kill. I couldn't budge, I just stood there. I looked at Erik who was covering his ears from the sound of the engines. "Come on Erik." I said , my voice firm and demanding." Erik, come on! " But he just stood there. Pointing his index finger to the direction of small figures coming closer and closer  by the minute. I scooped him up with my hands and ran as fast as I could go, But it was too late they already had came close enough to seeing us. I ducked down behind a different set of bushes then the ones Erik had poped out from. I was 3 yards away from the door, If i ran now they would catch me. The only choice I have is to wait till they speed off into the night. "Hey Mark, I think I saw  a person running over here. I may have had too many drinks." A guy said chuckleing . Oh my god, I thought. There even closer to us then I thought!.  "I think you did, I mean who in there right mind would come out at night! "A man said, who I figure is Mark. My heart started to beat quickly while I started to think about what Eriks mom said to me before she had left, "Don't go outside what ever you do, I trust you Zada. Keep my little boy safe." I looked over at Erik to see him playing with his shoe laces. "Zada, I don't like this game--" He yelled. I covered my  right hand over his mouth. There was silence, That was close I thought. " What do we have here? " Mark yelled, coming  from behind the bush and grabing the collar of my shirt making me lose my grip of Eriks hand. I faced all of them now,they were standing next to there bikes with there helmets on. " Look-ie here fella's , A girl " He said throwing me to the pavment ground like I was some kind of wrothless slave. I looked up at them, I moved strands of hair away from my face and suddently felt  pain in my lip, I placed my hand on it noticing that I was bleeding . "Hey boss, looks like you missed one "A man said pointing behind me. I looked back and saw Erik's tiny head peeked out from the bushes with tears in his eyes. "Come on boy, get out here!". Erik came up and walked slowly over to me, "Why did you do that to my babysitter." Erik said crossing his arms, and making an angry face. Mark walked over to Erik and patted his hands on his head and spoke, "Don't worry kid, were just--playing a game. A fun game, you like games right?". I daggered my eyes at this so called ' Mark ' and yelled for him to stop. "This doesn't look like a fun game to me" Erik hissed."Too bad!--- SON!" He called out to a boy that looked like my age considering he was the height of a teenager. He came over and grabbed Erik's wrist and tugged him hard over to his blue motorcycle. "No!" I screamed! I forced my aching body to stand up, and ran over to Erik, reaching out to take him back when the boy that grabbed Erik, took his other hand and punched me right in the face so hard I stumbled to the ground once again. "Thanks boy, she needed a good wack in the face. Everything started to get blurry . . . The last words I remember is my name  called over and over again by the little boy I just couldn't save. The boy's who's mother's heart will be broken.
                                                                   * * *
"Zada!" Someone said shaking my boby. "Ehh uh"  I opened my eyes to Erik's mom. Wait Eriks mom! Erik! I lifted my chest off a bed, all at once replays from last time piled into my mind. I looked over to Eriks mom who had walked over to the window. It was a minute later when she finally had the urg to speak to me. "They took him, didn't they?" She questioned me, still looking out the window not even making a glace at me. My head went down. To I, was ashamed . "Yes-- but Ms.Evans I tried! I really did! you have to believe me!" I yelled. She turned over to me, her eyes glisening with clear tears that streamed down her beatuiful pink cheek. " I do believe you, but what made you go outside when I strictly told you that it was forbidden! You know better then that miss Zada! You're 16 years old ! And for this I lost my only child." Mrs. Evans said, crying at the thought of not having a child--for she had none now.. . . All because of the Night Riders.
I started to tell her everything after, about how I feel asleep during the movie to getting punched in the face. After I had finished she dismissed me out of the room and told me to go downstairs to my parents. I rushed down the stairs and came face to face with my parents who were cuddling for comfort. "Mom, Dad" I whispered to myself. I dashed over and gave them a big hug."We were so worried when Mrs.Evans had called us saying you had been knocked out on the driveway with her son gone!" My mom said to me.  I turned away from them, my back to there face. "Mom, Dad . . " I started to say. " --- I will find Erik. "
                          Chapter 3
It's been 2 years since I've lost Erik. Ever since then I've been searching for clues about the Night Riders. My mom insists that I should concentrate on my last year at high school, but I just can't. "Zada, you've got to go! You don't want to be late for the first day of Senior year do you?" My mom shouted , signeling her hands in a ' Get out ' gesture.Before I knew it I was at school walking in the hallways towards my locker. I opened it with pitty for I didn't want to be at school even though it was the 1st step to collage. I saw a boy walk over to me in the cornor of my eye. "Hey, sorry to bother you, but i'm new and I can't find this room" He asked pointing to a piece of paper with rooms listed from 1-6. I looked up to him and suddently fell in love with his blue eyes. Reality hit me when I saw him looking confused and weirded out. I put my hair over my ear  while blushing, "Um uh.. so this room will be down this hallway then take a left." I replied awkwardly. "Thanks...?" He said giving me a hint for my name. " Zada, and yours?" I said calmly. " Arron " He answered reaching out taking my hand and shaking it. His touch made me feel oddly uncomfortable for I had no reason too, But I still wouldn't let go and neither did he. Finally he let go, taking his hand behind his shoulder looking as if he was inching his head. " Thanks Zada, see you around?" He asked. " Yeah, we have sixth period together. So i'll see you then" I said. He nodded then smiled and waved goodbye. I brushed my back aganist my locker. Wow I thought to myself, There's something odd about him. When I touched his hand my instinct eaction was to run away. I don't understand, I mean he's super cute. Oh and his blue eyes are adorable! Arron. I could get use to that. I got a hold of myself and my thoughts and headed off to my first class.  All I kept thinking to myself was the new kid, and soon as I knew it sixth period hit , I had a pit in my stomach that felt as large as a cow. I shook the feeling off because I had this deep feeling as if I had met him before. But I couldn't have , could I? I mean I would of remembered his blue eyes anyday. What was it that is now haunting my mind? I sat down at my assigned seat that the teacher had givin me and to my luck, Arron was behind me. I can't let my feelings for him get the best of me. I have to know why I feel so insurcer as much as I have a little crush on him. " Alright class, Pick your parnters for your lab assignment! Remember if you don't finish you are going to have to finish it together for homework, and yes that mean's at each others houses." "Hey.. Uh Zada right?" Arron said tapping my shoulder making me turn around to face him. "Yea?" I said.  He kinda looked unsure of what he was going to say next, and a little embarrsed at that too. " You are the first person I know better then anyone else here, um--You wanna be my lab parnter? " He asked.  "Sure no problem Arron" I said very calmly and cool. We both worked hard on our project and talked a little too. "So, If we don't finish who's house are we working at?" I asked him. "Is it ok if i come over to yours--I mean my parents are at work and they'll be pissed if they came home to me and a boy in my house" I finished. He looked at me weirdly and suddently I knew what I had said wrong. "Oh! No! Not that we would do anything-- It's just" I looked down at the table feeling my stuipidy. "Zada, I know what you mean. My house it is, Here's the address" He said, riping out a peice of paper from him notebook and writing the address to his house and handing it to me. I grabbed it away and folded it putting it in my  sweatshirt pocket. "I also wrote my house phone number on there--you know just in case you can't find my house" He said. "Ok, And about what I said earlier, I meant that my mom doesn't want someone else to get taken away." I started to say. "What you mean Zada?" He asked curiously . "I mean that, well-- 2 years ago when I was sixteenth my neighbors little boy got kidnapped by the Nightriders, ever since then I've been trying to reedem the trust and responibily from the parents by looking for clues on the lost boy,His name is Erik: or was Erik. I don't know if they Killed him. Sorry for telling my life story to--." I was interuped in telling my feelings at the awkward silence in Arron's direction. I looked up at him to make sure he was still there in my pressence. His face was cold, like stone. and his eyes where not blue, but pale like crystal. It was almost as he witnessed the my story himself. "Arron? " I questioned. "See you later " He said quickly, getting up from the chair and walking out of the classroom. "Where you going young man?" The teacher asked raising his hand for Arron to come to him for further punishment for leaving the room without asking. "nurse" Arron said quickly. Was it something I said? I asked to myself.
Questions fluttered in my brain, and I was desterate to pull the peices together on Arron's unusal reaction to my sob story. I figured it was because I headed towards a personal story in our conversation without really knowing Arron himself. However, I felt like there was a purpose in telling him. Like fate was controling the words, not me. Still again, that didn't quite answer anything I was loning for. Moments passed and sixth period came to and end with no sign of Arron. I walked through the hallways scaning them for my locker so I could get my bag and leave this forbiddon place. I found my locker in the mist of the crowed hallways with everyone having the same idea to leave and go home before dark. Then, stood Arron no too far away from me, leaning against his locker staring me down with his cold pale eyes no longer the warming blue they once were. I needed to pass aside this mystories secert hidden between us and figure out what the hell were doing for our project we need to finish. I can't dwell on the now when school is involved. I manged to walk over to him, and every step his eyes get sharper. I can feel it picering through me but still my feet are able to withstand the pain. I'm now right infront of him, trying to keep my eyes off his. Its silence for a while and I know I have to urg the words out of my mouth about school: And then the words flutter out into the air between us. Except it wasn't the words I planned on saying. "You seem like i'm some sort of ghostly figure roaming around this school?." I wish I could take back ever word in that sentance but I can't seem to find the Undo button in my mind. My words hung in the air for seconds--minutes, decades it feels like. Then my wait was over when his mouth answered my reasponce. " I will finish the project at home, you don't have to worry about it." He said intentivly. I could feel my eyebrow raised because he completely irgnored what I said. And then just like that I walked away, leaving the mystorey behind me. 

                                           Chapter 4
I sat in my room, wanting answers to Arron's weirdness towards me at the end of the day. The walking out,silence to my story, and the piercing eyes that tingled my nerves. I stuck my hands in my pockets and felt my sweatshirts warmth. I diged deeper into it and felt my fingertips hit what seemed to be the textger of paper. I pulled it out to examine a simple home address and a house phone number to complete it. Perfect, All I need to do is call him and figure anything out with full focus without his eyes staring at me. I dailed the number and held it up to my ear waiting for the ringing to end so I could hear a humans voice. Suddenly, the ringing did stop. However, Someone else answered the phone. "Mark Laurence speaking" A mans voiced called out, familer and unwarming to my ear."Hi this is Arron's friend Zada, I'm here to talk to him about--"Then it hit me, the voice the name. It was Mark, the leader of the Nightriders. The man who ordered his son to take Erik away from me on his blue shinny motarcycle. The teenage boy who planted his fist in my face, and left me there with no answers to where they might of taken him. Arron is the teenage boy, and i'm sure of it. I had to step into the terriortory of the unstoppble force. I was a defenceless kid when they took him,But now that determination has lead my mind to sign up for fighing classes after Eriks dissapearence. I know now it was worth the money. I was ready.
I cleared my voice and continued to speak. "about, finishing our science project at his house. Just wanted to let you know I was coming over if Arron didn't tell you already." I relized my voice was more harsh then before, and I could feel the tension in every word that I said. "He didn't, but it's school work so i'm not upset. Thank you for telling me miss, Zada. See you soon." oh yes we will see eachother. And you'll remember me, I know it. "No problem sir." and then I ended the call right there. I rushed over to my parents room, and opened there closet. I threw shoes and pants aside that are blocking a wooden box  that is safely camoflagued inside the closet. I opened it carefully and came upon sets of knifes. My parents keep these incase the Nightriders ambush our home since they have been driven to do that around town more often. I guess they figured people are too smart to hang around at night anymore. I grip the different sets of knifes and place them into a knife belt that was also stored inside the wooden box. When I was taking my fighting lessons my teacher taught the group the basics and advance techequies of knife throwing and fighting. My teacher was impressed of my skill with a knife, I can almost hear the proudness in his voice when he would yell "Good Aim Zada.". I was driven then, and my parents were worried. I still don't know why they let me take the classes. I put my sweatshirt over the belt so it isnt noticeble when I walk in. I tell my parents that I will be going over a friends house to finish a project for school and they don't question.  Good, I thought. They dont see my belt so they don't know what I am planing. Infact, even If they did see,they would only question my act. I headed outside of my house to my car holding the peice of paper with a tight grip that when I checked the peice of paper once again, half of it was crumpled from my hand. I opened my car door, got in and started my engine. I sat there for a moment looking back at my life; the last 2 years waiting for this day to come where I can have revenge and best of all, Erik safe in my arms. I lifted my hoodie over my head and steered out of the driveway. I'm coming for you kid.
                                                                                 * * *
I walked into my fighting classes with uncertaincy in seeing different groups of people stare at me with the same feeling--that I don't belong here. "Welcome" A guy said, who looked to be around 25 years old. I supoused he was our trainer. " You will learn Knife Skills,wresaling and aligity. In a matter of 2 weeks." He said with a stern force for which I swear he was a Nightrider himself. "For those who know of the bike demons riding our land,taking away children and adults. I will teach you how to outsmart them. They think they can do whatever they want--when they please. Take the defenceless. Well I asure you, Taking this class will help you survive in this cruel world. You think this small town is the only one out there with Nightriders.. think again,there all around the world." The trainer yelled with some wisdom and belief that he continued " The only reason the goverment can't fight them off is because there not just men and woman on bikes! They can do more then we think. I should know personaily." He paused indecating the amount of bravery he has to say next. " My father was a Nightrider long ago. He told me the things they have done and will do. My own father taking away innocent people discusted me. He was a monster and did everything he could to prove how powerful he was,by taking away the woman I loved. I never saw her since nor my father, He took her and left--speeding away into the night." Tears washed down his face and the strange tough man broke. Still, he continued. "I've tryed tracking them down with no sense of luck. There unstopble, but if you have more determination,sacervice and the right kind of moves to put them down. I promise you, you will defeat them. I just lost hope--but not on other people like you!" He raised his hands in the air and everyone cheered and went over and hugged him. Except for me. I stood there, motionless. Unable to think that if this guy did not succed, how will I? Everyone scattered and I could see he thought that I didn't show any smphaey towards him. Even though I truly did, I was in the same situation. He walked over to me, stifly and smooth. His brown hair shinned and his green eyes narrowed at mine. Finally he spoke, "I see your story in your eyes.Unlike these people who have the same story as eachother. You, miss are strong willed. I do believe you can find your lost one, and I will try to get you there" He spoke while lifting his hand towards me. I smiled and shook it, "Thank you sir." I said. He smiled for the first time since I arrived and gently said. "Call me Erik." Right then in there, hearing this mans name to be the same name as the boy who i'm fighting for. Made my spirit brighter and stronger."I'm Zada."
                   Chapter 5
I pulled into Arrons driveway, unbuckled my seat belt and sat there. It's time I thought. I shifted my hood more over my head just in chase Mark reconzies me quicker then I thought. I don't know too much about Nightriders, But he might be carrying a gun with him just in chase. I wont be able to pull my knife out quicker then a loaded gun,unless I do it by suprise. I walked up to the house, which was a pretty shade of blue. That made my eyebrows go up at the sight of a color so pretty for a killer. The thought made me more focused on what I was here to do instead of being a 'house hunter'. I reached the doorbell and my hand went up to press it but something distracted me. I looked over to see the garage not fully closed leaving a tiny spot enough to crawl under. Before I barge in and so something I need to make sure they are what I think they are to be. I checked my surroundings and booked it for the garage. I got down on the wet pavement and army crawled threw the small opening. My face was only seeing part of what it looked to be a weel. I lifted my whole body up to see the full vealicle. Even though my hood was covering most of my sight. I could still see the shade of dark blue on a motarcycle. The one that Erik was carryed of on with a boy that eyes match his very own deathmo-bile. I had to get out of this garage fast, it was a bad feeling being in here I could get caught any second. I fell back down on the ground once again and began to army crawl under. I made it back up to see the pretty shade of blue paint on the house.  whats with the blue? can't they find a new color? I thought. I walked back up to the doorbell and directed my finger tips towards it. Before I could even lay a finger nail on the shiny doorbell the door swung open and I faced Mark for the first time in 2 years.
"Hello Zada, welcome to our home." But my eyes weren't focused on Mark for longer then I entended but it was Arron sitting on the couch staring at me with fright. I figured Mark never said anything to Arron about me coming. My eyes left Arrons and met Marks, and I wish I didn't. His eyes were full of hated, dark and cold. I knew he wanted to keep his cover; to act nice to me, were both giving a show. I grined at him and nodded and walked inside. It was risking talking because my voice sounds different on the phone then real life. I feel like that will blow my cover. "You kids get cooking on that homework of yours" He smiled at me, but it wasn't a warm smile. I knew it was fake as can be, for he is a Nightrider. Mark left the room and I walked over to Arron. I stopped inches away from him, taking down my hood. I whispherd to him "I know what you did, I figured it all out Arron." I paused leaning closer to him with my arm shrenched out and my palm on the wall blocking him from moving to the right. My other arm reached in my back pocket and I pulled out the slip of paper he gave me and held it out before him. His eyes flickered at the paper and then at mine. "Thank god I kept it or I would have lost my chance of finding Erik" I said in a raspy voice. Again silence. So I continued but in a louder tone "where is he Arron, where is the kid. I know it was you on that blue motarcycle! You punched me in the face! You can't hide in that helmet anymore!" Arrons eyes where not on me anymore, instead there were fixated on something behind me with fright. I was suddently relized it wasn't something..It was someone. I turned around to face Mark with his hands crossed and I now knew he wasn't faking his act no more, It was the Mark I saw 2 years ago. "Hello--girl" And that was the last words Mark spoke before he punched me in the face and I was back on the floor, lights out.
 TO BE CONTINUED..

© 2012 Ash62


Author's Note

Ash62
Grammar will be fixed as well as major errors in this story, Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012

Author