Lunacy

Lunacy

A Poem by Ashley Haynes

His brow scrunched as beads of hot sweat stain his stained sweater, foreboding the essence of a jolly philanderer. His long sleeves swaying this ill crowd, suicide Jester locked up tight, his voice enchanting something fond and familiar. “Just one more bite.” 

Desire ricocheting into their feeble hearts. The hunger, it shrieks throughout a bloodthirsty militia, crouching excitedly into the blackest of nights.

Raging beasts untangling into the palms of grim stars hushing whelmed sunlight. Unification binding us as one, we can hear the notes, he’ll preach to us. We can’t resist you, from ashes to dust.

Dearest paramour, detaching your embedded claws, manifesting this limbo interlocked in this rippling maze of applause.

Frayed Petals of oceans lurk into reaping shadows. Sailing shyly across the horizon, divide and conquer. “My gift to you, a cannibalistic slaughter house to dissect your cranial stadium of overdrive.”

Darling, if you can hear your fear then you can hear the brutal outrage. Drink from the vitality of my fathers, taste the decrypt bowels of your mothers. Let us crucify this justice of the living dead to silence this noise.

I can see him peering in, disfigured hands breaching through this angelic mausoleum. Marveling his sea of tears that fornicate these cries, he holds them fiercely swallowing them alive. Suffocating memory of what it means to fight. 

Now, I have to tell myself, that you’re not here as beads of hot sweat stain the seams of my sweater, foreboding the essence of a mad people pleaser. My sleeves swaying in the mirror, scared little child locked up tight, his voice enchanting something fond and familiar. Lunacy tenderly cradling wounds lacerating beneath inflammation of infectious nostalgia. Silence the maggots snickering underneath these tissues binding me together, so bliss is the light. 

Dearest paramour, detaching your embedded claws, manifesting this torture interlocked in this rippling maze of a lunatic’s thoughts. Frayed petals of reality reaping in this lake of cursive fright. Let the beast wander, let him rebirth this malady you mangle inside.

© 2016 Ashley Haynes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on November 28, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016

Author

Ashley Haynes
Ashley Haynes

Houston, TX