Grumpy's story

Grumpy's story

A Story by Ashley Armstrong
"

Snow White from Grumpy's point of view

"
I don't know how Snow White found our house. I can't tell you why she was in our bedroom. But one thing I did know is that she was trouble.

I'm Grumpy. That's my name and my mood. Not my choice, but how can you be happy when your name is the opposite? Now back to the story:

We came home to find Snow White asleep in our house Our clean house. She had cleaned our home and even made us dinner. From that point on, she lived with us.

After a while, I got used to a clean house and clothes when we came home. Snow White always greeted each one of us with a smile. She always cooked amazing meals for us. I almost was happy.

One day, when we left for work, I wanted to run home and stay with her. The feeling was so strong, I almost turned around to go back a few times. But, I kept telling myself that you can't skip work. So I didn't go back.

Later, while we were on the way home, I felt horrible. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I almost didn't want to walk in the house. I was too worried about what we would find.

When we finally opened the door, we immediatly realized that something was wrong. It was too quiet. Usually when we walked in we heard singing or humming. We looked around and saw that the dishes were still dirty in the sink. 
Usually they were clean when we came home. Strange. We found dinner in the pot, but not cooking. Something was wrong. Horribly wrong. Snow White always had dinner for us when we got home.

Something had happened to Snow White we decided. We split up and searched the house. I was in the bedroom with Dopey when we heard a cry from downstairs. We ran as fast as we could to see what was wrong. It was Snow White collapsed on the floor. An apple was in her hand. Our beautiful Snow White wasn't breathing. She was dead.

We heard laughing from outside. Cruel, mocking laughter. I looked out the window. An old woman was standing there. She had a basket of apples. I put two and two together and realized that she had killed Snow White with one of her apples. 

Filled with a fury I had never felt before, I charged outside and flew at the old woman. She screamed and ran. I followed her. My fellow dwarves came as well. The chase ended at the edge of a cliff. Above us, the sky looked ready for a storm. The old woman was laughing when the lightning hit the ground where she was standing. We watched as she fell down the cliff. She was dead.

It was raining as we walked home. We were all sad. Our poor Snow White was gone. We decided to build her a glass coffin. So everyone could see her beauty. It took three days to make. We carefully placed Snow White inside. Everyone was crying, even me. We had all loved Snow White and we would all miss her.

We left Happy and Doc to guard her and went home. We ate a small meal and slept. The next morning, Sneezy and I guarded Snow White. Around noon, everyone came. We stayed with Snow White all day.

A couple weeks passed. I can't tell how many. I was too depressed to keep track. We had burned the deadly apple and thrown its ashes off the cliff the old woman had fallen to her death from. After that, we never went to that part of the woods again.

A few days later, a prince was riding through the woods. He stopped when he saw us. He got off his horse and walked towards the coffin. He looked at Snow White. He opened the coffin and kissed Snow White's cherry-red lips. To our surprise, she opened her eyes. She was alive. We were all so happy. We threw a big party to celebrate. There were smiles all around, even from me. We all lived happily ever after.
The end

© 2015 Ashley Armstrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have always loved the story of Snow White, and it is one of my favorite movies. And Grumpy was my favorite character.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015

Author

Ashley Armstrong
Ashley Armstrong

Brandon, FL



About
I like reading, writing, watching anime, listening to music, and watching movies. I'm 25 years old. My favorite things are Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Anything Disney or Dreamwork.. more..

Writing