Happiness

Happiness

A Story by AskTheStreamer88
"

An outline for a video I will be producing in the near future.

"

How to get inspired part 2:

 

Happiness isn’t a “thing” that just happens. You must work for your happiness. Now, if I may contradict myself slightly; happiness does spontaneously happen sometimes. Like when you watch a sunset, or meet a new born child. However, these are forms of happiness that are not permanent, they are simply little spits of gasoline on the fire of ecstasy. True ecstasy comes out of enjoying a process; the ends and the means being equally rewarding. For instance, I like to write. I enjoy the action of writing, the effort that is required for writing as much or greater as the feeling of finishing a piece, or, receiving positive feedback on my piece.

There is no sense in perusing an activity solely for the ends. Common ends are concepts like money, fame, and sex appeal. A truly great guitar player does not become a great guitar player for the money, or the endless amount of women that he can bed; no, a truly great guitar player pursues a career in guitar playing because he loves to make music. Do not kid yourself, people sense a fraud, and in addition to this the fraud is not actually happy because he does not enjoy what he does, a logical sequitur wouldn’t you say so?

Now you may be asking yourself, “How do I work for my happiness?” the answer is quite simple and leads into my previous video; follow and act on your desires. Your desires are/is your heart and your heart is you. If one loves what they do they will succeed in it. This is not to say that you can love something and it will bring you automatic prosperity. I used to always talk about doing philosophy videos and never actually did them, talking means absolutely nothing. Also, if I were to just stop at one or two videos, or one or two short essays, I would never succeed, and I would never have known how much I really do love to write and make videos.

Keep putting wood on the fire of ecstasy, not gasoline. Because, although, gasoline makes a loud exciting boom, it only lasts seconds and is quickly reduced to feeble smoldering embers. The only limitation is yourself, cut that wood, throw it on the E fire, and make sure you love the smell of the wood too.

© 2014 AskTheStreamer88


Author's Note

AskTheStreamer88
Sadly there is no part one, because part one is in the form of a video. :(

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey buddy, Though I can't say that I agree with the entire premise of this piece from a philosophical point of view, I do like your allegorical devices. Really like the attention you pay to humanities innate ability to detect a fraud. Sadly, I came here looking for a story only to find a piece, possibly miss categorized.
Some of the ideas would be great fodder for such, give me a heads up if you ever do.



Posted 9 Years Ago


AskTheStreamer88

9 Years Ago

Hey man thanks for the review! Perhaps you could point out where you disagree with my philosophy, i .. read more
MeathooksMcGee

9 Years Ago

You are SO right, for some reason I mistook type for genre. Still gettin' the hang of this thing.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 6, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014
Tags: philosophy, monologue, life advice, inspirational

Author

AskTheStreamer88
AskTheStreamer88

Canada



About
I write stream of consciousness to alleviate pressure, perhaps some may be able to relate to my words. I love to philosophize, and analyze. My writing is not confined to SOC only, as I love to writ.. more..

Writing