Paw Revolution

Paw Revolution

A Story by Asma
"

Since dogs and cats roamed earth, they have been natural enemies. The dogs want the cats to submit to them, but what if the cats refused to? When the two leaders meet, a war falls upon them.

"
The wind whistled, leaving shivering creatures. The sea howled, crashing into the firm rocks.

The ominous eye-piercing glares were directed to each of the two dominate animals. The dogs were towering over the cats, marching dangerously. A dog cried loud in a distant, reminding the other dogs they were in a war.

The moon shined on delicate leaves. A leaf flew between the two commanders. As neither of the commanders even blinked, the atmosphere was tense.

Little squirrels that hid were hard-pressed, whether to join the cats or dogs. Not wanting to intrude on the dangerous battle, lizards crawled up trees for safety ghastly.

The cats' commander, Sukkar, narrowed his eyes at his enemy, Lucifer. The adult cat never cut contact with the eyes that were looking at his soul.

The normally obedient dog had full control over everything. Only one howl, and that would release all the dogs to attack, but Lucifer took his time. Thousand of dogs were on the edge, saliva dripping from their mouths. Just one order from their leader, and they will release themselves on the cats.

Cats behind their leader balked at the idea of surrending to their rivals. One look from Sukkar to his mates, motivated lots and lots of his soldiers. A cat hissed in reply. Never give up, what every cat thought as they dug their claws in the dirt.

Lucifer growled, bearing his fangs at the leader of the cats. The action made Sukkar flinch but he kept his stance.

The numerous numbers of the cats, large and tiny, relaxed Sukkar's tensed shoulders, giving him tons of courage to take a step into the threatening mutt.

Lucifer lived for loyalty. The small act made him to look forward for the battle. He caught the eyes of the commander's right arm, Snowy. Lucifer looked amused and shot her a smirk.

Dogs didn't come unprepapred, nor did the cats did. They had countless of allies, lions, cheetas, wolves and foxes. The wolves being naturally alphas, they stomped on the ground loudly, intimidating the cowardy animals hiding in the bushes.

Thaddeus, the largest alpha, stomped on ground. Thaddeus walked in front, till he reached the side of Lucifer. The leader of the dogs looked at the alpha from the corner of his eye.

Sukkar rolled his eyes at the dogs bowing their heads to Alpha Thaddeus. When noticed, the alpha had his anger stirred in a boiling pot.

The dogs noticed the disrespectful attitude the cats had towards the high rankers. They began furiously staring down at their opponents, the cats.

Lions tend to have a nasty temper, so when they detected the lowly animals glaring at their leader, one of the lions of the largest of them charged forward to threaten the dogs to by letting out a full roar, silencing every animal. The cry caught all the attention, every creature in the battle field knew that this was only a warning.

The dogs didn't respond back to this lightly.

A wolf stepped in, before the lion tried to pull a surprised attack. "Max." Lucifer called without looking for the animal.

"I'm on it." Lucifer's right hand suddenly charged forward.

Maxille, the fastest cheetah, noticed Max's sudden movement.

In order to protect her leader, she tackled down the wolf that jumped on Sukkar. The cheetah beared her canines harshly, showing no mercy to the enemy.

That seemed to set free the hungry desires to win the war.

Cats and dogs pushed themselves into each other. Thousands of them throwing theirselves, pinning down, and tearing the fresh flesh. Neither of the two animals have given up yet.

Lions protectively surrounded their commander. Sukkar wasn't as ruthless as Lucifer, a dog who caught lots of criminals.

Each lion on a side, the lion that was in the front was leading them forward, he was called Titan, Sukkar's friend.

Lucifer's army was busy fighting, they left him alone unwillingly of course. Lucifer's pride forbid them from helping him.

As silent as a snake, Lucifer sneaked on Titan, the cat that was blocking his target.

"Titan!" Sukkar turned his head alarmed to the shout of his friend's name. His eyes widened when he watched Lucifer slamming into Titan. Both of them rolling on the ground, dirt flying everywhere.

A lion might be the king of the jungle, but right now, nobody thought much of it.

Titan was pinned down by the ruthless leader, his claws digging in his shoulders to keep him down.

Sukkar was about to help his friend, but he stopped when bunch of growling dogs surrounded him. The lions that were protecting him, were busy fighting. The cat's eyes turned into sharp, black slits. His anger grew as he noticed them blocking him.

Lucifer was cutting Titan's air supply. He was pressing down on his throat until the lion stopped struggling. Titan passed out.

"One down." Thaddeus chortled, looking down at the fallen lion.

Thunder bolted powerfully. Lightning stroke the dark skies, for a moment, brightening up the heavy clouds. The sound was uproarious, causing every fighting animal to stop and catch their breathe.

Sukkar saw nothing but Lucifer. His vision was focused on the target. He found himself walking, then the walking turned into running. The angry cat opened his mouth wide and jumped. Lucifer froze, he caught the mix of emotions in his enemy's eyes. The green eyes held so much anger, Lucifer almost regretted on what he has done.

Just when he was about to fight the dog, he felt a hard pull on his neck. The pull threw him off and brought him back to his place.

"Sukkar! Bad boy." A female human tugged on the leash of the cat. "I'm sorry, I don't know what has happened to him. He's not usually this way.." Asma apologized, making sure her cat won't try to attack her friend's dog.

Sukkar looked around confused, wasn't he just in a war? With thousands of dogs? Wasn't in a wide battlefield?!

A dog in front of Sukkar barked. Wait, is that Lucifer?!

"Lucifer," A frowned Aisha knelt down, "-what's wrong?"

Instead of the thousand of cats and dogs, he saw tens of them, hissing and barking into each other in a park. Neither of the two animals surpassing the invisible line that separated them.

Instead of an intimidating wolf, Thaddues, there stood a puppy in wolf's costume, and a kitten in a lion's replacing a roaring Titan. He played dead, apparently. Maryam, his owner, was teaching him new tricks.

Max and Maxille were playing with each other, both attacking each other playfully.

"Meow?" Sukkar titled his head. Was he imagining it the whole thing?

"Let's go, Sukkar." The cat felt a light pull telling him to move.

"Bye, Aisha." Asma waved, before saluting to her friend. Lucifer's owner gave a piece sign before shooting a grin and walking away with a frowning dog. "I will give you treats." Aisha whispered to the dog, pretending to be secretive. Lucifer's mood flipped, he started barking excitedly and dragging off his human away.

Sukkar meowed at the mention of treats, he looked up to Asma. "I'll give you better treats." Asma laughed evilly.  The human and the cat had a running contest to see who would reach the house earlier.

Nonetheless, Sukkar had still no idea on what just happened.

© 2018 Asma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on March 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 8, 2018
Tags: cats, dogs, war, fight

Author

Asma
Asma

Dubai, Gulf, United Arab Emirates



About
snd cat pics more..

Writing
Paperbeats Paperbeats

A Story by Asma


Memories Memories

A Story by Asma