Imperfect Vessel

Imperfect Vessel

A Story by AssonanceWriter
"

Imperfect Vessel An Original Piece by CiNtsaLis

"

©Imperfect Vessel 2018 

_________________________________________________________________



In a small town called "Vacant City" in the year 7001. An insignificant enormous shuttle crashed in the third district, and 2,300 people were reported missing. I was fifteen years old when it happened. Among the 2,300 people that were taken, my brother was one of them because of the large male population that gets smaller and smaller each year. The city is swarmed with women, lots of them. And if they were male, they would have to crossdress as a woman to survive. There's a tavern where all of the males would gather in the fifth district where it's safe enough for them to appear openly. 


I'm nineteen now and am part of a union that eradicates the unearthly creatures that keep invading and collecting the innocent male population from our city. I'm Noel, and if you're wondering. I'm actually female, of course. The other three from my team are Keira, who is more concerned about meeting up with her boyfriend in district five when she is on the clock- than actually training to get strong enough to conquer the enemy whenever they come down to earth. 

Which they have been silent for the last two years. Eloise, who is more concerned about the makeup on her face coming off from her face than to actually get stronger. And there's Lena, who lost both her father and fiancee three years ago when the creatures last invaded. The color we're wearing is Yellow, meaning we're only to be on guard for District Three. But the number on my team always needs to be longer. Keira is currently missing, as usual.


"So, if Keira can go and be in district five where her man is, can I, like… go do my nails really quick?"

Eloise says as she shows us her girlish unchipped nails.


"It's already gelled? What needs to be done?"

Lena says.


Eloise sighs, moves her fingers around, and puckers her lips as she props a compact mirror out to check to see if she needs a touch-up or something like that- and says with her usual dramatic voice.


"Ooh, Ladies! You two don't understand! You both have so many womanly things that you need to learn. I mean, I'm a natural babe. My nails, if you look closely, like right here."

She says as she stretches her left pinky out.


"Like, right here… I need a trim. Yaa."


I slid my eyes away and avoided whatever else she needed to say about the amount of hairspray in her hair, the latest fragrance that she had just purchased, the newest brand name that she should be wearing but couldn't because she is forced to wear the ugly uniform that everyone else here is wearing. 


Unfortunately, I can't feel sympathy for her. Each team was given four types of weapons to choose from. A Gun, A Sword, a Bow and Arrow, and a Shield. The weapon of choice that I chose to carry is obviously the gun. Lena carries a bow and arrow. Keira, the sword and our Shield wielder is, unfortunately, Eloise. 


"Like, I just don't understand… why must we do this again? I mean, it says that it's possible that we can die- are we just like… human sacrifices or what?"

Eloise says.


"Well, if you listen to the HQ during their presentations and announcements' you would already know the answer to your question."

Lena says.


I wonder why Lena bothers to respond to Eloise. I don't see the point in even speaking to her.


"I don't get it? I fall asleep during those, so can you tell me?"


I don't care what else Eloise is saying or what needs to be heard from her. HQ sent us a message informing everyone to the base. Our team hasn't advanced yet. My team lacks teamwork and will probably never make it to the other side where the missing male population went. 


Keira, surprisingly, is at the base waiting for us. How very kind of her. That's somewhat- an improvement. But to my left, oh, whatever.


"An unknown ship is found in District 7. For this mission, I will select one team to investigate it. Do I have any volunteers?"


The teams have been training for all of this time but haven't been in battle. Of course, this could just be one of HQ's tests to see who is worthy of moving up.


"I volunteer."

I blurt out, with my left hand raised up.


Keira and Eloise immediately start talking simultaneously, and to my surprise Red Team D, a celebrity fighting team- stepped up and got recognition instead. Well, they aren't celebrities, they're just famous for being good at fighting- they appear in commercials here and there- but I can't say that I like them or don't like them. I don't know what it is- about them- oh, but it's expected. It's no surprise.


"Yay! We don't get to go!"

Eloise says excitedly 


This is all so very pointless and irritating. I want to go, that's the thing. I want to do something. I have to do something! I can't just keep doing what I'm always doing- it is the same as doing nothing! 


I thought about it for hours but couldn't accept it. I'm going to District 7 without anyone knowing. I'm going to examine the ship without permission. Wait, calm down. I could lose my license over this. Ah, but who cares? It's not like I'm going to get the others involved. They could just terminate me. There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing. I will find a way to get to the other world, even if it means breaking into those creatures' machines. While Red Team D was meeting with HQ, I timed myself accordingly. I am to make it back to my post before their meeting is over. As my legs made it closer to District 7, I felt a feeling similar to fear, my heart raced and pounded louder than usual, but I was certain that I was not afraid and that the feeling was something else, possibly excited, worried, maybe. But something among those two. I checked my radar and located where the ship landed. It took nearly longer than 35 minutes to get there on foot. I only have as little as 10 minutes to examine the ship before someone notices that I'm here. 


"Hey! Look! It's a human!"


I immediately took my gun out and pointed it in the direction where I heard the voice.


"Oh? What is that thing?"

The one with blue hair says.


"It looks like what I just ate earlier!"

The one with orange hair says excitedly.


"What are you?"

I said. 


"Isn't it obvious? We're Vessels."

The one with green hair says I assume that- that's their leader.


"Vessels?… What are you doing here? Where are the men? What have you done to them!?"

I shouted as my feet slowly backed away and accidentally bumped into a kid.


"Tch, humans."

He brushed off his shoulders as he entered inside of the broken ship.


"We're sorry about Kyon, he's not accustomed to this planet or world or what is this place called? Ah, that's right-Earth, was it?! Anyway, we were told that we're going to get executed tomorrow by someone wearing whatever you are wearing, except in Black! So um, um-Yay! What's that?"

The one with orange hair says excitedly. 


"I don't mean to be mean, but execution means instant death."

I said.


"Death!? But we just got here? Why should we die?"

The one with blue hair says in response.


"Tch, who cares what or why? All humans think the same. We're monsters' and killing us will make them heroes."

The kid says from the broken window.

© 2023 AssonanceWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on July 5, 2023
Last Updated on July 5, 2023
Tags: AssonanceWriter, Family, Bond, Friendships, action, adventure, romance

Author

AssonanceWriter
AssonanceWriter

Saint Paul, MN



About
AssonanceWriter LAST LOG IN: January 25, 2024 TIME: 10:07 P.M (Central Time) more..

Writing