HIGHWAY-34

HIGHWAY-34

A Story by Atharva Kulkarni
"

Always know the directions....

"



Today was my first day at work.It was a hectic day, and at the end of it, I just wanted to eat something and go to sleep. It had been only four days since I had shifted to this place, and I still didn't know the directions from my office to my house pretty well.


It had started raining quite heavily now. My wipers were on high mode, but still it felt like someone was dumping buckets of water on my car. It was dark too. Great first day, huh?


As I came to a fork in the path, and was going to turn right, there was a loud bang followed by a thud, and I slammed down my brakes and went headway into a sign that read 34.


I got out of my car and saw that one of the wheels had got punctured, and a few feet away, a man was lying on the ground.


Oh my god, what have I done, I thought. Already I was soaking wet, and this additional scene didn't help me much. I quickly went to him, to see if I could do anything at all to make this look like it wasn't my fault.


Yeah, you can call me selfish. It was my first day, and I didn't want to get my a*s into trouble for knocking over a man.As I went to him, he started moving. Now that's a relief, I thought. Well done Dave, you managed to forget the road to your house AND knock over a man on the first day itself.


He stood up and looked at me, and though I couldn't hear over the thundering that was taking place all the time, I understood from the movement of his hands that he was cursing me.


Fine.Then he came near me, and asked me,"You new in this area?" I said Yes, I am and I was sorry, Are you hurt anywhere?


He gave me a grim nod,and said No. As he turned and started walking away, I quickly asked him if he knew any garage around here. He looked at me, and his face was lightened up by the lightening. In those few seconds, I saw the most grotesque face I had ever seen in my life.I felt a chill creeping up my spine.


In what felt like eternity, he quickly turned to hide his face, and pointed in the direction of where I had slammed my car. Go along Highway 34. About 2 miles ahead, you will find a garage. I thanked him and started walking at a brisk pace. I didn't turn to look at him. I should have.


I soon found the garage, and went in. There was a chair there, and a vending machine as well. I found a note on the ground, it was wet. I kept it in front of the only bulb that was there, and waited for it to dry. After that, I took a Juice from the machine, and drank it. Hey, I was hungry and thirsty. Don't judge me.

But you should, actually. Turns out that was a wrong thing to do. I quickly went to sleep after finishing my juice and when I woke up, I found  myself tied to a table. And that guy that I had knocked over earlier, Yeah you guessed it, he was standing beside me, with an evil,lopsided grin on his face.


DEAD.


I started panicking. Somehow, I managed to get my hands free, and as I was going to get out of that place, my way to freedom was blocked by a dark , hooded, figure.I gulped. He heard me gulping. Bad move, Dave. Bad move. You should have stayed at the table. The death would have been quick, he said.

He started moving towards me.I was paralyzed. I couldn't move. His face was very close to me now. I could hear him breath. "You see that guy besides the table? He is my food for tonight. And now you shall take his place. You will bring me more humans to eat. And if you fail, I will eat a part of you every day, and if you succeed, then you will be replaced by the human that you bring."


And saying that, he pushed me aside, and ate the man in front of me. Even the bones. The sickening noises were too much for me to bear, and I vomited. Then he came to me, and said,"Your time begins now. Go! And don't even think of escaping, I will know if you try to do so."


And I went back to the fork. Waiting.Waiting for the next victim of the highway 34.

© 2018 Atharva Kulkarni


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on July 5, 2018
Last Updated on July 6, 2018
Tags: horror, ghost, scary, creepy, supernatural, thriller

Author

Atharva Kulkarni
Atharva Kulkarni

India



About
Life is a dynamic perspective of something which wants to be static. more..

Writing
FEAR FEAR

A Story by Atharva Kulkarni