The Secret that Lie's Within

The Secret that Lie's Within

A Story by Sylvia
"

Alex who is 13 years old, has no family and lives in a magical valley. Magical creatures were thought to be extinct, but when she meets some it changes her entire world. Who can she trust?

"

The Secret That Lies Within

By: Aura Quartz

A long time ago when dragons and fairies lived throughout the land, there was a king. He was the richest in all of the land, his name was King Robert. He was looking for a wife when he met a very very rich lady. He demanded that she would marry him. Once the couple were married they had their first kid.

King Bartholomeus (or King Bart) was King Roberts enemy. Once King Bart heard of King Robert was having a child he contacted an old witch. The witch came to King Robert's kingdom and cursed his child. The witch said that this child will be a grave disappointment and will have darkness in him/her.

King Robert begged the witch but the witch simply walked away. The witch said a prophecy “There will be one who will rise greater than any of you! He will be a warrior unable to kill. He will be able to tame dragons but he would be filled with darkness and good it just depends on how it balances.”

Oh yes I'm Alex I’m 13 and it's been 93 years since that prophecy. They say the prophecy was just made up and just a fairytale, but I don’t believe that. Now all the dragons, fairies, and witches are believed to all be extinct but when I was 6 years old I went to a valley with my great grandma, she was 106 years old.She said that the valley was magical and it's where King Barts and King Roberts kingdoms fought.

She later passed when I was 9 years old. I would always go to that valley and “talk” with her. When she did pass she gave me a horn looking object like a bull horn. I always wondered what it did but I was sitting where I’d always sit and the wind blew through it and it made a whistle sound.

In the distance I heard a faint rawr and it wasn’t like a lion or a bear it was like those dinosaur sounds in the movies. I looked around but there was nothing. Then I grabbed the horn. I never knew what it was meant for. I held it in my hands and I started to cry, as I remembered my Great Grandmother.

My great grandmother was the one who raised me. My grandparents died from car crashes and my dad with them. My mother died a few months after I was born, from an illness. I only had my great grandparents to raise me but my great grandpa died when I was 5. I remember me and my great grandma crying that was the only time I saw my great grandma cry.

So now I have no one, and I’m a 13 year old kid hiding from the government. If the government finds me I will be sent to an orphanage or foster family. I can barely live I have to hunt, work, sew, and I sadly do steal but only from dumps and worksites!

I don’t have any friends because I can’t go to school but, my grandma taught me ahead of time so I’m as smart as a 19 year old. Which is how I know how to hunt, sew, work, and steal. My great grandma died about 4 years ago. I’m already used to the everyday cruel world.

Once when I was 10, it was night I was at a landfill. I was doing my usual, looking for clothes, food, weapons, etc. Then a boy appeared when I saw him and he saw me he asked what I was doing but I didn’t know what to do. (that was pretty much the only kid my age I’ve seen pretty much ever)

I was so nervous, I looked like trash, I smelled bad, I held a weapon in my hand! The boy walked toward me. I stepped back as if I had never seen a human before. I grabbed a close glass shard and pointed it at him. In the moonlight I saw his face he was just afraid as I was.

He stepped closer now and said, “It’s okay I’m not going to hurt you. I’m not like all those ravage beast’s in our world.”

I felt a wave of relief through my body. He held out his hand to help me, I hesitated I was scared more now. His hand still out, I leaned forward. I looked at him, I grabbed his hand. He pulled me out of a hole in the landfill. We sat next too each other but still a couple of feet apart.

“Beautiful night huh?” he said.

“Yeah, I guess it is.” I said acting calm.

“Well, what’s your name fine lady?” he said jokingly trying to act like a fancy man.

We both giggled now I knew he couldn’t be a bad guy. He’s just a normal boy with a normal life, but I don’t know if I can trust him with my hiding from government thing.

“Alex, that’s my name Mr. Fine Sir.” I said.

“Well Alex, my name is Maxon Frederick Lance or just Max.” he said, “Question why is a beautiful girl like you out in the landfills, all dirty, and mysterious?”

I didn’t know what to say, should I tell him or should I lie to him? Which one is the right thing to do? It's like your have your mom and your dad and you have too kill one of them which one though?!?

“If I tell your, do you PROMISE to never tell a living soul?” I said and he nodded without hesitation, “My past my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents are all dead. I’ve been on my own for 4 ½ years. I’ve been hiding from the government. I’ve been trying to figure out what was special about this place and my family’s history with this place.”

“Well, you’ve been on a lifetime full of adventure! What does it feel like being free having no rules no boss?” Max said, “I was born to a rich family with high expectations. Everyone expects me to be perfect,”

“But no one person is perfect? And their are rules too scavenging and everything, because you have too play it safe and not risk it all.” I said confused.

“That’s the thing no one can be perfect! No matter how hard you try.” Max said and then asked, “Why don’t you go to school?”

“I can’t because 1. I'm hiding from the government! 2. I can’t afford it and 3. Im as smart as a 19 year old already!” I said.

“Oh yeah forgot about the whole running from government thing, but why are you here at night?” Max said softly.

“There’s reason’s why I come at night,” I said, “like I won’t see people at night, or the government isn’t here at night.”

“Well, then that’s a bunch of reason’s sorry for underestimating you.” Max said meaningfully.

“Max I need you to do something for me,” I said under my breathe.

“What do you want me to do because, I can’t kill a person or rob a bank or anything like that.” Max said cautiously.

“You don’t need to do any of that! Just tell the government I’m-” I paused and a crack of thunder struck a nearby forest, “I’m dead and don’t say I told you say that, you found a letter saying that. Okay!”

“What why? We need to leave this landfill, it is full of flammable items, if that lightning hits a tree it's all over for us.” Max said looking back at the forest close by with its bright red flames. I had underestimated how smart he was.

“Okay, but meet me by Sylavier’s Creek at 7:00 tomorrow morning!” I yelled as I was running back home to my makeshift home in the valley, and in a blink of an eye I was gone through the midnight darkness.

Lie’s and  “Fun”

The next morning I woke up at around 3 hours till dawn so about 4:30. I did my usual sew, get water, hunt, and stare into the wondrous valley. I had totally forgotten about Max and meeting him again. When I remembered I quickly looked at the horizon (I have lived in the valley long enough to learn to tell time by the sun) Luckily  it was only 6:00 I still had an hour.

I ran to Sylavier’s Creek and when I got there it was about 7:00. Max had came, but he wasn’t alone though. There were 2 men in tall black suits with sunglasses to hide there face and ear piece’s. I knew it I shouldn’t have trusted Max, he was just a filthy rich liar and for once I thought I had a friend! He was just like all of those ravage beasts in the world!

After 2 ½ hours of Max and government men standing there and me hiding in a bush, the government men left. I waited 30 minutes to see if they would come back they didn’t. I came out of the bushes stealthily I looked around I saw no one except for Max. I walked behind him, he was sitting on a rock facing the water. I moved so quiet and fast I was standing behind him, I quickly put my hand on his mouth so he couldn’t talk. I threw him on the ground.

“You liar, you're just like everyone else!” I yelled at him and kicked him in the side.

“What do you mean? I’m not like them, I’m not a liar!” Maxon said.

“You lied! You said you wouldn’t tell a single soul!” I screamed and kicked him again.

“I didn’t tell anyone, I just told the government you were dead. My parents didn’t like me going into the woods alone so she got me bodyguards. I didn’t know what to do so I came anyway’s.” Max said.

“You know what? I don’t care any more! I thought I had a friend now I don’t! I’m going back home!” I yelled.

“Wait, please take me to your home in the valley. You said it was beautiful yourself!” Max said without hesitating.

I took him but, I blindfolded him so he couldn’t see the trail. He kept asking when can we stop and take a break I never knew that it was that far it’s only a 3 hour walk by foot. It was nearly super time when we got there. I took off the blindfold.

“Wow this is breathtaking! You were right it is beautiful!” Max said surprisingly.

We walked up to my little cottage I told him I’d cook dinner. He hesitated at first when I gave it to him. He said it was amazing and how I have been living out here. Then he had to leave so I walked him home then walked back to my home.

I hadn’t seen him in 5 days I wondered if something was wrong. Most days I’d sit and look into the valley and hug the horn to my chest. I thought if wind made a sound through the horn I can blow through it and make a sound. I stood up crying more than ever I blew it. It whistled through the wind and once I stopped there was a loud dinosaur sound.

Next thing I saw I couldn’t believe my eye’s. There was a dragon flying towards me. It landed and next thing I knew everything was black I fainted. After that I woke up the dragon was huddled around me in a protective way. It had black fire marks on it's tail.

I moved a little then went back to sleep. When I woke up once more the dragon wasn’t around me. The dragon was nowhere to be found, then a different colored dragon was heading straight for me he was red.

The red dragon landed (the dragon before that huddled around me was dark blue) The red dragon came towards me I backed up. I knew it was going to kill me, but then the blue dragon landed in front of me. The blue dragon was fighting the red dragon! I knew that very second that the blue dragon was trying to protect me. The thing is the blue dragon and the red dragon we're fighting, and I was in the middle of it.

I closed my eye’s and turned around telling myself this isn’t real! It’s not possible they were extinct. I heard a dragon fly away red had lost. I was kneeling on the ground and slowly stood up.

I walked over to the blue dragon he looked so sweet. I walked closer, and I put my hand out and touched the dragon's head.

“Thank you for that, are you hurt?” I whispered the dragon whimpered loudly. It had licked my hand and I laughed.
“What should I name you?” I said,”I got it your name is Sylavier.” As I said it he smiled.

After that I wondered what else could I have been so dumb about I misjudged it? I pet Sylavier and went to my cottage and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning did my usual but when I was hunting or hauling water Sylavier would help so I’d get 3x more of food, water, and junk. Sylavier and me are  like brother and sister now and when he’s around me I have no fear, no anger, and no bad thoughts I feel safe with him.

“Sylavier come on buddy, you want you breakfast?” I yelled across the field.

I had an old broken barn so I took it down and rebuilt it for storing food and it's where Sylavier sleep’s.

It's been almost a month without seeing Max, I’m even more worried but I can’t go into his world. (I say his world because the valley is a big bowl, I'm in the middle of it and no one can ever find it)

Later that night I decided to go back to the landfill then to Sylavier’s Creek. When I went to the landfill I saw something in the distance coming this way. I hid so the person wouldn’t see me, but when I saw them I couldn’t believe my eye’s. It was Max, he came back after a month. Once I made sure no one was with him I got up and walked over to him.

“Hey Max!” I said quietly.

“AHH!” Max squealed, “Don’t do that I get scared easily!”

“Sorry I haven’t seen a human being in a month. And Max you won’t believe what I found in the valley!” I said.

“Oh yeah my parents had grounded me I couldn’t come too the landfill or creek,” Max said, “and what is so the amazing thing you found in the valley?”

“Follow me, we're going to the valley and I'll show you.” I said.

“Fine but what is it?” Max kept asking.

We were almost there, when we got there Sylavier was doing his dragon things somewhere but wasn’t around. I grabbed the horn.

“Watch this!” I said, one breathe and I blew the horn.

“What was that fo-” he paused once he saw Sylavier, the dragon landed.

“Sylavier come on it's okay he’s a friend not an enemy.” I said making sure Sylavier knew.

Then I heard someone talking in my head I asked who it was it was Sylavier!

“Alex please I am scared and do not trust him.” Sylavier said in my head.

“Sylavier it's okay he won’t hurt you and if he does I will hurt him,” I said outloud, “please Syl trust me just this one time.”

Sylavier replied with okay I pet him on his head, I told Sylavier to stay. I grabbed Max’s arm and walked him slowly over to Sylavier. Max was frozen in fear. We were so close to Sylavier, I stopped, I grabbed Max’s arm again. I told him to close his eyes he did. I grabbed his wrist and held it out, Sylavier hesitated and put his head close. I put Max’s hand on Sylavier’s head, I told him to open his eyes. He was still frozen, but not frozen by fear frozen because he wasn’t scared anymore.

“I… I’m petting a… a real live dragon.” Max said, “Oh my gosh, I’m petting a dragon!”

Sylavier moved an inch and Max stopped, Sylavier moved closer to Max, next thing that happened Max fainted and was on the ground.

“Max, oh my gosh what happened?” I said.

After that I put Max on a makeshift couch I made. He “slept” for hours I was outside training Sylavier like usual.

Attack of the Red

A little later I heard something in the cottage. I ran up to it and opened the door. Max was up finally.

“Get enough rest?” I asked.

“Sure, but how long was I out?” Maxon said.

“About 5 hours don’t worry it's not sundown yet.” I said.

“No, don’t worry I told my parents I was going to spend a week in the woods,” Max said, “they said if I make it a whole week in the woods on my own they’d be very proud of me and I wouldn’t need those stupid bodyguards.”

“Oh, and Sylavier didn’t mean to scare you,” I said softly, “turns out Sylavier was more scared of you than you were of him.” I laughed a bit.

There was a roar in the distance, I saw fire come through the tree’s. I knew it wasn’t Sylavier because Sylavier was sleeping in a cave on the mountain wall. The roar got louder, I could see it the dragon was flying straight towards me, I knew I was a goner.

“Alex, run!” Max yelled at me.

Before I could do anything the dragon hit me. I fell onto the ground, my vision was all blurry. The dragon picked me up with his claws and started to fly. I didn’t know what to do it was happening so fast!

Then I realized that the dragon carrying me was the red dragon from before, that attacked Sylavier! The dragon's claws pierced into my shoulder even harder so then I was bleeding. I screamed in pain.

I screamed, “Sylavier, Max.”

Then the world seemed to slow down. I remember hearing Sylavier talking through my head but I couldn’t focus on what he said.

Maybe, just maybe I could talk to Sylavier. I took a deep breathe and talked in my head, I said “Syl… Sylavier please... come help... me please...”

The voice I heard next wasn’t Sylavier but Max. He yelled, “Alex I will go get Sylavier!”

I thought Sylavier, Sylavier please come, once again. I screamed in pain. My shoulders were red from the dragon's claws cutting me.

The last thing I knew Sylavier was coming straight towards the red dragon. I felt a sigh of relief, but everything was starting to get hazy and turn black.

I remember falling, and watching Sylavier and Red dragon fight while I was falling. I was falling so fast, then I hit the ground. I couldn’t move, but pain seized every part of my body. It felt as if I was tired I remember getting sleepy and seeing Max run over to me, then everything went black.

I woke up but didn’t open my eyes. I felt pain in my shoulder’s and left leg. When I finally did open my eyes I saw the sun, and Max sitting next to me. I remembered what happened then my eyes went wide I whispered, “Sylavier” under my breathe. I tried to get up but couldn’t.

That was the second time in my life when I was afraid of everything, even Max. There was a feeling in my chest that I hadn’t felt in a long long time. Last time I felt it was when my great grandmother died. The feeling in my chest it sort of feels like my chest is caving in. I can’t breathe, I was so afraid.

Once the feeling was gone I could walk again but my arm was probably broken. I walked outside and saw Sylavier flying towards me, I thought it was the red dragon again. I flinched and backed away. I let out a little scream.

I heard a familiar voice in my head, “Don’t be afraid Alex, it's okay I'm here to protect you.” It was Sylavier who said that.

In my head I told him, “Please make the nightmares go away, and the demons and, scarey monsters! Help me Syl I'm afraid.”

I opened my eye’s and saw Sylavier waiting for me to come pet him. I walked over to him and hugged him and started crying. Then I remember Max, where is he? He has been gone for an hour or so I think.

I took my arm’s off of Sylavier, and wiped my eye’s. My arm started to hurt a bit, then something weird happened.

“Alex don’t just stand there heal yourself, or have you not learned that, my majesty?” Sylavier said.

“What? You think I’d be able to heal myself???” I said to Sylavier.

“Alex we need to talk about something that is very important...” Sylavier said, I nodded I got on his back and he flew to a ledge that overlooked the valley.

“What is so important Syl?” I asked.

“Alex, you know the prophecy right?” Sylavier said, and I nodded, “There were four kingdom’s throughout the land. They were all equal power, they never fought. The kingdom's were called, Kerogskin, Lonzach, Talahan, and Baberwoke. One day a great powered enemy took over Talahan, then took over Baberwoke.”

“What does this have to do with the prophecy?” I asked.

“Everything my child,” Sylavier said and ignored my question, “Neither kingdoms survived nor the enemy. The only people in the land were the Kerogskin and Lonzach kingdom’s. The king of Lonzach was King Bartholomaeus, and the king of Kerogskin was King Robert. That is when the prophecy comes in but you only know half of it. The other half was long long forgotten.”

“Wait what, I thought there was no more of the prophecy. So Kerogskin’s and Lonzach both attacked each other so then the peace between them was broken!” I said.

“Yes my wonderful child!” Sylavier said, “But there was a fifth kingdom.”

“What?!?! How could there possibly be another it would’ve been destroyed like the others?” I said.

“But child,  the fifth kingdom was an ancient civilization that very, very few knew about.” Sylavier said, “The fifth kingdom’s name was, Sylavier. The king’s name was Ergon, he wanted to free all dragons and stop the war but he sadly never got to it…”

“Why what happened, and why was it called Sylavier?” I asked.

“Well,” Sylavier said, “that is enough for today. Now where’s your little friend?”

“Oh Max he went home, he left a note.” I said.

I hadn’t even noticed that we had been sitting up on the ledge for hours. Like maybe 2 hours passed we were still on the ledge we watched the sun set. I remember yawning and Sylavier said something, he flew away and came back with something a blanket I think.

I woke up with and blanket on me and Sylavier wrapped around me as if he were trying to protect me again. When I sat up I saw we were on the ledge still, but I went and sat on the edge of the cliff part. I sat and stared at the horizon. The sun was starting to come up and Sylavier told me in my head, “It's magnificent isn't it?”I replied with yeah. Once I saw the sun rising I noticed I’d never seen that many colors in something, it was just beautiful.

I looked down into the valley from the edge and saw deer, and birds, all of them were happy but then I noticed a mother bird and her kids flying out of the nest.  Then the mother bird and her kids started to fly off, but there was one bird still in the nest and he couldn’t fly. The little bird got to the edge of the nest crying for his mother but the mother was gone. So the little bird got up on the edge opened his wings. The wind lifted him for a second, but then he fell.

I felt sad, but Sylavier wouldn’t go so I looked over the edge. There was a little lake right under the ledge. It was about a 140 ft drop I think. When Sylavier wasn’t looking I took a deep breath, and I jumped off the ledge. I had never felt this feeling of amazement, it felt like I was flying and free.

I just hoped that Sylavier wouldn’t see me. It felt like I was flying just for a couple of seconds but I’d do anything to do it again. I plunged deep into the water, once I surfaced I took a couple of deep breathes, and I swam to the bank. I got out and luckily Sylavier hadn’t noticed that I was gone. I quickly ran to the tree where the little bird fell.

There he was the little bird squirming on the ground, his wing seemed to be stuck in a vine. Luckily I had a pocket knife my great grandpa gave me before he died. I cut the vine loose, he wiggled in my hand. I gently pet his head and whispered everything is going to be okay.

Then a voice in my head said, “Okay I trust you, but please help me my mother and siblings a gone.”
I was so confused, I said to the little bird, “Wait wait, you can understand me and I can understand you?”

The little bird replied with, “Yes I can understand you but you can understand me??”

I looked at the little bird in amazement. Then I heard the flapping of wings and a roar. I turned it was Sylavier, and let’s just say he wasn’t to happy too see me. I quickly turned back to the bird a cupped it in my hands.

“What are you doing,” Sylavier said, “young lady your a future queen! You cannot be jumping off cliffs for birds, and worse Valtoar could’ve found you!”
“Wait what? Future queen? Valtoar? What are you talking about Syl?” I said confusingly

“Oopsie, I should’ve told you sooner, but you were jumping off cliffs.” Sylavier said angrily.

The little bird's wing was broken and I felt it, he squirmed even more. I ignored Sylavier and started running towards my cottage. I could tell now that Sylavier was passed angry he was furious. Once I got up to the cottage I ran and got a couple of sticks and some clothe.

Sylavier still angry at me said, “Listen to me young lady you are very important and we need to start you training, because you're going to save millions of people.”

I told Sylavier, “Why me, why do I have to be the important person here? Why do I have to save millions? Why do I have to train? Why tell me!”

“Because you're the chosen one, you're the one the prophecy spoke of.” Sylavier said trying to make it sound even more important.

“Have you ever wondered what I wanted? I never wanted to be picked! I never wanted any of this.” I said to Sylavier.

“Alex please listen…” Sylavier said.

I interrupted him with, “No Sylavier, you listen to me! I’m not doing any of that! Now just go away!”

Sylavier flew off somewhere far, far enough that I wouldn’t be able to talk to him. I looked back at the bird and put the sticks on his wing and wrapped it in cloth, I pushed hard on the bird's wing on accident. A shimmering green light appeared around my hands.

The bird stopped squirming, and simply just stared at it. I never took my hands off the bird's broken wing. Once the bird started squirming again I let go of it's wing. I felt sort of tired after the green light went away.The bird got up on his feet in my hand and started flapping his wing. He started to lift slowly.

“I’m flying, I’m really flying! Thank you Alex you healed my broken wing.” The bird said in my head.

“Wait what I healed you? It can't be possible I’m not some sort of superhuman am I?” I said.

I thought of Sylavier, oh no how could I possibly be so dumb! He probably was trying to tell me this and the prophecy! Ugh I got so carried away with anger I ignored him, and now I can't even talk to him through my head.

More Dragons

I tried to think to talk to Sylavier but it was no use.

Then far far way in the valley I heard a very familiar roar, but it wasn’t Sylavier’s. Then I saw a light blue dragon far far away that was coming this way, but I noticed something it wasn’t trying to kill me, he didn’t see me but I still was going to hide.

I ran to a cave in the valley wall, I could barely fit in it. A light blue dragon landed by my cottage.

It said in my head, “Listen Alex, if you come out now I won’t hurt you.”

I hesitated and said, “Who are you, and why do you want to kill me?” The light blue dragon still hadn’t seen me.

“My dearest child, if you wish to ask so many questions about me then so be it, but keep your petty dragon away.” The dragon said, “My name is Lightfayle, I’m the granddaughter of Valtoar, but child do not be afraid I’m against my grandfather and his beliefs.”

“I will keep my dragon away, but still why are you trying to kill me?” I asked feeling a bit nervous. I couldn’t see the dragon in the cave I only had a small glimpse of it.

“Child, please come out, I am not trying to kill or hurt you. It's about you're dragon Sylavier...” Lightfayle said.

“Oh- okay, I’ll come out,” I said stuttering,”but how do you know my dragon Sylavier?”

Lightfayle sighed and said, “Child there is much to say, just get on my back and I will show you.”

I was out of the cave now, but Lightfayle hadn’t seen me. She turned and jumped a bit when she saw me. I looked at her she was the most beautiful dragon ever. Her wings were pastel blue and with purple at the bottom. Her chest and back was violet, her head was light blue with a V shaped line of purple on her head.

“Child most thank you,” LightFayle said, “but you are the beautiful one.” When she said that I had totally forgotten about her reading my mind thing.

“Oh, I forgot you can read my mind to.” I laughed.

I had gotten on her back once I stopped laughing, she lifted her wings and started to fly. She was the most graceful being ever, when her wings flapped they went in slow motions and were soundless.

“Wow,” I said being amazed, “you are so gentle and graceful. I wish I could be a dragon and fly everywhere just like you LightFayle.”

“Thank you…” LightFayle said and trailed off.

We flew in silence for a bit the I asked, “LightFayle what's the matter, is everything okay?”

“Yes, yes child everything’s okay. It's just back home where I come from no one’s that nice to me ever.” LightFayle said softly.

We flew for what felt like hour’s. It was dark now so I started to fall asleep I whispered to LightFayle that I was going to sleep. She was fine with it and kept flying.

When I woke up LightFayle was around me the same way Sylavier had been. I stood up and noticed that we were in a forest, but something felt wrong. The forest’s trees were covering us so if anyone flew above us they wouldn’t see us. It was dark because of that, but I could still see. I looked around and saw a little glowing ball that was blue fly around me. Then maybe four of five more came and flew around me.

I started to giggle a bit when they flew around me. Then one stopped, and I took a closer look at it. It was a little fairy person, she was the most beautiful fairy.

I looked at the fairy, as I was amazed because I was and LightFayle said, “Don’t be too amazed if you make them fairies mad they can eat you, yeah I know it sounds weird.”
“Oh, LightFayle you're up,” I said turning to her and letting go of the magnificent fairy, “I have two questions LightFayle. First whenever I wake up the dragon with me wake’s up. Why?”

“Alex,” LightFayle said, “there is many things to dragon’s and their riders. Once you wake up you're dragon wake’s up to watch you for your safety.”

“But why do dragon’s protect their rider?” I asked wondrously.

“There's also that,” LightFayle said, “if a dragon dies the rider live’s, but if the rider dies the dragon dies too…”

“What how, how could you just risk your life like that for a random person??” I said almost yelling.

“The rider is not a random person, us dragon’s we don’t hatch until the rider is born. Sometime’s dragons wait a 1,000 years to hatch, but for one person our rider. Once the rider is born we hatch and as the rider grows so do we, and once the rider is ready, we reveal ourselves.” LightFayle said.

“Unbelieveable, my second question is where are we and what's this forest?” I asked.

“This my child is the Blazeromous Forest, it used to be a wondrous place with fairies, dragons, and humans. Everyone who lived in the forest we're friends and everyone lived in harmony. Until Valtour wanted everything, he wanted to be ruler of all. So he poisoned the Blazeromous Forest, and now all it is, is darkness with shadows of darkness.” LightFayle said sadly.

I nodded as if I understood but I really didn’t no one had ever destroyed something I cared about really. LightFayle asked me to get on her back, and now I noticed that on her neck was a V with a star around it and a circle around the star. It was very small and looked like it was burned into her skin. I hugged her neck and she flapped her wings. When we were at the roof of the tree branches and leaves she stopped getting higher and the branches and leaves moved out of the way and opened up, and she flew out.

When we were flying I thought how could she do that it is impossible, but now with all of this nothing seemed impossible. I thought of Sylavier, which I had forgotten about. I remember him but the last words I said to him were “Now just go away!”

I remembered Max, and the first time I met him at the landfill, and when he met Sylavier. The last words I said to him were “Sylavier, Max” when I got tooken by the red dragon and it hurt me.

Such fun time’s like when I jumped off the cliff, healing the bird, and beating up Max. That last one was really fun though, I giggled thinking about that. Oh boy did I miss them a lot. We flew for another couple of hours in silence.

Then I said to LightFayle, “Hey LightFayle, I have a question.”

“Yes anything my dear ask away.” LightFayle said.

“What happened to the kingdom Sylavier and Ergon, and all the other kingdoms that survived? Why is Valtour after me? Why can I heal animals? Why am I special?” I asked.

“Oh,” LightFayle said, “we may need to land and talk about this.” And LightFayle landed in the forest and put the trees and leaves over us.

“I asked too much didn’t I. I’m so sorry how rude of me of being so nosey.” I said.

“Child it's okay, I will answer all of your questions. As you know Sylavier was a secret kingdom very few knew about. Kerogskin and Lonzach were against each other but, the witch that cursed the king's child was Valtour. Valtour was the reason why Lonzach and Kerogskin fought, it was all part of his plan.” LightFayle said.

“Wait, then that mean’s Valtour dressed up as an old lady and cursed the child and said it was King Bartholomeus. So then the kingdoms would turn on each other and destroy each other so then Valtour would have all the power!” I said.

“Yes child that is correct but none of the 5 kingdoms were destroyed. They simply went into hiding and once Ergon heard of this he went to their kingdom that was hidden in a mountain, and said he would help them destroy Valtour. They agreed and Talahan and Baberwoke king's said there should be one ruler, Ergon for uniting them as one kingdom, but Ergon refused and said that much power for one person would drive you insane.” LightFayle said.

“So king Ergon really did help and was on the good side, Sylavier made it sound like, Ergon was the bad guy.” I said.

“Yes Sylavier somewhat lied, okay where were we. Aw yes Ergon said that he and the two other king's should be king's together, and they agreed. A few years later when Kerogskin and Lonzach were at battle with each other, neither kingdoms knew of the secret civilization of their fellow kingdoms. The three old king's came together Ergon, Majk, and Luckei. They had to think of a plan and fast, so they thought once the kingdoms fall they will take them in as Ergon did with Talahan and Baberwoke.” LightFayle said.

It was getting to be around noon now and I got on LightFayle’s back and we took off. Once we got high enough into the clouds to hide us she stopped rising. I really did wonder what she was trying to hide me from, maybe it was Valtour. I never really knew I just went with it, because whenever LightFayle was farther than 10 feet from me I started gaining so much fear, I was so used to her now and flying and everything.

I looked down when we were flying and I saw a little barn on fire in the middle of nowhere, I sort of felt something heavy in my chest, but it wasn’t fear this time it was sadness. I knew I had to do something so I told LightFayle to land by the barn, but she wouldn’t listen to me. I felt an energy in it and knew it was someone.

“Please LightFayle there's someone in that barn...” I said desperately, “I need to help them. Please I can’t live with this guilt LightFayle!”
“Please Alex it's too dangerous, I can’t have you risk your life for a stranger.” LightFayle said.

I knew I had to do something, I locked out LightFayle so she couldn’t read my mind and hear my plan. Now I was looking down at my hands wrapped around her neck, “I have to do it.” I told myself quietly so LightFayle wouldn’t hear. We were now over the burning barn.

I whispered goodbye, a single tear went down my face, and I let go of her neck slowly so she wouldn’t feel it. I started falling, and LightFayle didn’t notice me. This time it was about a 800 ft drop into a lake next to a burning barn. I felt more alive than ever because I was falling at least for a whole minute. The wind in my face, and no one holding me back, I felt free but yet I wasn’t free. It was as if I had chains around me.

I dropped into the water, it was freezing cold but I didn’t care. I swam as fast as I could to the bank. I got up and ran towards the barn, the heat of the fire was unbearable but I ignored it and ran in. Everything was smokey and blazing in fire, I went up stairs and saw a little boy huddled in a corner, his face in a blanket. I ran for him. I ran through a door that was on fire, and I could feel the heat burning my skin.

I grabbed the little boy, his face still in the blanket, he looked like he was 4 or 5. I knew he would need something he could remember of this barn, I saw a little teddy bear on the ground where the boy was sitting. I quickly picked it up and ran down stairs, but the front door was blocked off by fallen wood.

I didn’t know where to go, so I hugged the little boy to my chest and ran through the wood blocking the door. It was like time slowed down because when I ran through their was a blue plasma like dome around me, and it would destroy everything in it's path. The fire didn’t burn me or the boy.

Once we were out the dome went down and I ran so fast I tripped, but I didn’t fall. I ran into a forest close by, I set the boy down on a stump. He was so small and scared he still covered his face with a blanket.

“It's okay little boy, you're safe now I won’t hurt you,” I said, “I promise.” The little boy finally looked up, his face was black from the ashes. He looked at me and didn’t say anything, he started to cry. I just remembered the teddy bear, I got it in my hands behind my back and said, “Hey would you like to see some magic, I’m very good at it.”

The boy looked up at me and stopped crying, he nodded. I grabbed the bear and started talking but to the little boy it would look like the bear was talking. He giggled and laughed I handed him the bear, and he smiled and hugged his blanket and bear.

“Hey my name is Alexander, but you can call me Alex,” I said friendly, “do you have a name little boy?”

The little boy looked up and said, “Of course I have a name, it is Blake.”

“Well Blake, what happened here? Why is the barn on fire?” I asked slowly and softly.

“Well, me and my family were living here peacefully, and evil men of Valtours army asked us if we followed him or not. My family said no and bad men burned the bawn.” Blake said.

“I’m so sorry Blake,” I said, “but do you like dragons?”

“Yeah, even though I’ve never seen one, papa always told me stories about the time when dragons ruled the world and ate humans.” Blake said.

I laughed when he said dragons ate humans, “Blake, dragons don’t eat humans. I know that because I’ve seen them before! Dragons are gentle around their rider, they never turn away even if you do first…” I said thinking about LightFayle and Sylavier. Blake’s stomach growled, “Blake when was the last time you ate food?”

“Maybe two days.” Blake said and his stomach growled again.

“Here Blake get on my back I’ll carry you to a stream where there's food and water.” I said, and he got on my back.

We were walking for about 3 hours, but my strength didn’t go down one bit. I now was holding Blake like how you hold a baby. He was sleeping with his blanket and bear. I knew that his parents didn’t make it through the fire so what would I tell him?

I heard the rushing water of a stream near by, I walked over to the stream and it looked like an abandoned windmill but those kind in the water. I put Blake down on the ground slowly, and walked into the abandoned watermill. No one was here and there were some tables, and chairs, than I got the idea that me and Blake could live here for a little.

I walked back out and picked up Blake and took him inside the watermill. Their was a couch, bed, table, and chairs like a normal place. I put him down on the bed, his eyes flickered a little then opened.

“What is this place Alex?” Blake whispered.

“It's where we're going to live for a little, I was just going to look for food, want to come?” I said quietly.

“Sure,” Blake whispered, “but Alex I know what happen to my mommy and daddy, who will take care of me?”

“Oh Blake, no need to worry because now that we're together we are brother and sister, and if anyone ever tries to hurt you they will have to face me and my two dragons.” I said and held his hand.

Blake jumped up out of the bed and hugged me, he whispered, “Thank you Alex.” When he hugged me I had a memory of my great grandparents when they hugged me for the final time. I remember when I first found Max, and I hugged him for saving me. I remember when Sylavier saved me from the red dragon. I remember LightFayle hiding me to protect me. All of that flashed across my head in a second, a single tear went down my cheek again and I hugged Blake back.

Blake got on my back and we headed out, we found food and came back. (It was apples and raspberries which I both hate) After we ate some food Blake and I washed our faces in the stream.

“Hey Alex can you tell me more about dragons?” Blake asked.

“Sure but where do I start?” I said, “Hmmm maybe dragons and their riders? Okay. A dragon will wait as long as it takes for you to be born, they cannot hatch until the rider is born. The dragon can only have one rider for their entire life. A dragon protects their rider always no matter what because once the dragon dies the rider lives, but if the rider dies so does the dragon.”

“Wow, my papa was wrong about dragons,” Blake said, “are they really that kind and nice to humans?”

“Why yes, they are, their so graceful when they fly high up in the clouds. Sometimes I wondered what it would be like if I could fly like a dragon with big beautiful and colorful wings.” I said.

“Once my papa and mama told me that anything is possible you just have to dream it,” Blake said, “but I wish that was true because if it was I’d go straight to Valtour and kick him in the butt!” Blake laughed.

“Blake buddy, calm it down a little but I like your idea.” I laughed, it had reminded me of Max and me kicking him in the leg.

It was time for bed I tucked in Blake and gave him his teddy bear, and I sat on the ground by a window and looked out of it and saw something really really high up in the sky, but I had no worries.In the middle of the night I woke up hearing a roar sound really close by, I knew it was a dragon, but which one? Sylavier? LightFayle? Or worse Valtour? Or the red one?

Blake got up and looked at me. He was going to start crying soon. I ran over to him and hugged him and sang something my mother sang to me when I was born, “Hush little birdy don’t make a sound, because mama’s going to protect you forever, and if someone tries to hurt you they will have to go through me, hush little birdy don’t make a sound because mama’s going to buy you a dragon friend.”

I sang it like I had heard it just before, Blake curled up and hugged me back. He didn’t cry.

I still had him in my arms when I heard two voices, “Alex please come with me, we are in grave danger…” One voice said.

“Don’t listen to her Alex come with me…” The other voice said.

“No I’m not going with either of you!” I said out loud just as a dragon came through the door. It was a red dragon.

Blake started to cry. I hugged him harder, and I hugged Blake too my chest.

The voice said, “Well well well, at least we finally meet Alex, my name is Morgridge I’m also Valtours grandson, Hahahaha!” And he grabbed me by my shoulders the way he did before. I heard a scream but it wasn’t me it was Blake, I looked at him, he was terrified. I felt all of the anger in me come out, the blue plasma dome was around me and Morgridge let go and flew away.

I fell and heard Blake squeal, I landed on his leg and broke it most likely. He was crying now. “Blake, Blake you have to listen to me just stay still and trust me okay?” I pushed onto his arm and the green light came back, he stared at it in amazement. I waited a little and took my hands off.

“H- how’d you do that Alex, wait Alex you’re a prophecy aren’t you!” Blake said moving his now healed leg.

“Yes, Blake I am a prophecy, sadly I am but we don’t have time for this we must get moving!” I said.

Blake picked up his stuff and got on my back and I started running as fast as I could. It felt like we had been running for hours again. Blake almost asleep, was drooling on my shoulder so I set him down. We we're by a mountain it's one that me and LightFayle flew over so I knew for now I was going in a safe direction.

I ended up falling asleep next to Blake I hadn’t noticed that I haven’t slept to much in the last couple of days.

When I woke up, I wasn't in the forest we we're in. I was in a castle bedroom, but why and where was Blake? I sat up and looked around, I was in a dress covered in jewels and rhinestones it was like some princess dream. I got out of the bed and walked over to a balcony I noticed, and looked out and saw people down below. I walked back into the room.

I noticed a door on my right, so I walked over to it and opened it. Luckily it was a closet, there we're many beautiful dresses. They we're all so sparkly and elegant, but whose were they?

Their was one that was not a dress, but a suit of black armor. I put it back on the rack in the closet. I looked through the rest of the dresses and saw a beautiful dark blue dress that was the color of the ocean and the sky. It was dark at the bottom and as it got higher it became lighter. It was also covered in probably thousands of rhinestones.

I grabbed it and made sure no one was in the room, and put it on. It was just beautiful. Their was a crown sitting next to the bed I held it in my hands and put it on the table again.

“Your Majesty the elders would like to see you,” a fancy butler kind of guy said, “you also have a very tight schedule.”

“What, oh sorry I think you’ve made a mistake, I’m no queen,” I said turning to him, “and I won’t see the elders until I see my brother Blake.”

“Who is Blake, was he that peasant boy next to your, and you are going to see the elders” the man said.

I walked up to the balcony and said, “Err, why me! Why do I have to be special! I just want to see Blake he’s my only family.” I started to cry after I said that remembering my parents and grandparents and great grandparents.

“Oh your Majesty I didn’t mean to make you cry, if it makes you feel any better we sent Blake to a local village…” the man said walking over slowly.

I stopped crying and sniffed and said, “I will see you're stupid elders under one condition; I get to see Blake.”

“Fine but we must hurry.” the man said.

He put my crown on my head, and told me to follow him. He asked if I was hungry at all, I said no. I followed him down a long and narrow hall, many people looked at me as if I were pure royalty, not a single person made eye-contact with me though.

We reached a door, and two guards opened it. I walked in and saw 3 elderly men sitting at a table.

“Well it's nice to finally meet you Alex,” the man in the middle said in a raspy voice, “my name is…  Ergon.” He bowed his head when he said it.

“Hello Alex nice to meet you, I am Majk and this is Luckei he never speaks though.” The man on the left said and he and Luckei bowed their heads  to me.

“Unbelieveable,” I said under my breathe, “the prophecy was 93 years ago how are you alive? And why am I queen or whatever?”
“Alex, my dearest child it will take time to understand, and by the power of magic.” Ergon said, “Sit please, we have much too talk about.” I sat down.

Luckei opened his mouth slowly and said, “Alex, there is so much too talk about and if the others here wouldn’t mind I’d like too talk too her alone.”

Majk and Ergon looked at each other. They both nodded and everyone in the room except me and Luckei left, it was just us.

I got up and looked out the window, I saw freedom outside of the window but on the inside I saw rules and people who try to control you.

Luckei finally spoke again, “Huh, freedom isn’t it beautiful?”

I turned and sat back down. “Y-yeah it i-is.” (Alex starts too stutter because the air and magic in the realm effect her because she had lived all of her life in the earth realm)

“Don’t worry it's only a stutter hopefully you will grow out of it.” He said, “Well Alex do you know why I never speak?”

I shrugged and said, “W-well I d-d-don’t really know.” Now the stutter was just annoying.

He took a deep breath, and said, “I do not wish too speak because, I am afraid. Afraid that if I say something it would hurt someone else, which that is never good. Infact I’m afraid Valtour will hear me and come and hurt me.”

A guard finally told me to sit, and I said “No…” He came closer and I felt anger inside of him about to blow. I quickly ran past the guard and ran out the door, I slammed the door shut on them and ran.

I came to a corner and stopped running I was breathing heavily a lady came over and asked, “My Queen are you alright?” I nodded and ran.

Everyone was looking at me now, I got back to my room. The guards were outside my door I looked around quickly for an escape route and I thought, the balcony! Iran to it and their was about a 40 ft drop till the next roof so I jumped.

I landed on the roof and ran and jumped to other roofs. I was so close than I climbed to the highest peak of the castle I looked and saw a man with a black tattoo on his face staring at me. Everything happened so fast something stabbed my leg really hard and I was losing my eyesight. I blinked seven times through those 5 seconds, one blink I'm on the roof holding on, two blinks I'm bleeding bad, third blink I'm losing grip on the roof, fourth blink I'm sliding slowly off the roof, fifth blink I'm falling and hear screaming, sixth blink something catches me and flies up, seventh I see the sun then everything goes black.

“Wakie wakie sleeping beauty,” Someone said, “that was a pretty nasty fall you could’ve died if it weren’t for Sylavier.” The word Sylavier was going through my mind.

I opened my eyes and saw Sylavier in the distance and Maxon next to me, “Maxon how’d you find me and what are you doing here?”

“Why don’t you let Sylavier explain…” He said looking away.

“Syl,” I said pausing, “I'm sorry man but I can heal and protect people like LightFayle said.”

“Alex haven’t you noticed this only one for a riders entire life, LightFayle is not you're dragon, I am.” Sylavier said.

“Syl why,” I said, “why did you do this to yourself, I know I'm not you're rider and you're not my dragon, LightFayle is my dragon.” As soon as I said that I felt a stab in my heart not literally though.

“Fine, be that way but you will regret it!” Sylavier said.

“Maxon,” I said softly, “who are you, I know you're not human at least.”

“I'm just Maxon I'm nobody important, now let's go!” Maxon said fastly.

“ERRR,” I yelled and the anger came out.

“Alex yo- you're floating and on fire! STOP, you need to calm down.” Maxon screamed.

“YOU PEOPLE DON’T GET IT DO YOU!” I yelled louder, “Everyone is trying to take me away and force me to do what they want! Not what I want, I just want LightFayle and Blake.”

After that Maxon got on Sylavier and flew away, Thankfully. I tried unlocking my mind so I could talk to LightFayle, but I couldn’t. So I tried walking, but I forgot my leg was cut so I had to sit back down. I tried healing myself but it wouldn’t work so I got a leaf and tied it to my leg.

Now I was looking at the stars, by myself. No one was there to comfort me. I was all alone so I walked to a cave close by and went into it and sat for awhile. Than I finally fell asleep, on a rock .

Once I woke up my leg had healed a bit and wasn’t bleeding but I could walk. So I hiked up a mountain side, and saw a village. Their was only one other then the kingdom in miles. So I ran down the mountain, I tripped and hit a tree, and tripped and fell a lot more. When I reached the bottom I had a cut on my forehead, like six on each leg and arm.

I could barely walk straight, but I managed to reach the village. I walked in and a woman who looked around 30 saw me and asked if I was okay, I said yes but she insisted that I lay down for a bit. She bandaged up all my cuts and washed the dirt out of them.

“Looks like you took quite a fall child, what is you're name?” The woman asked.

“Umm, oh sorry my name is Alex, I'm…” I said, “the prophecy.”

“Nice to meet you Alex my name is Luna, and don’t worry about being a prophecy because I am one too.” Luna said.

I looked up at her and saw her beautiful eye’s and said, “You're a prophecy too, but how?”

“Alex, their are many many prophecies, thousands infact but only a few come true.” Luna said, “Alex I am just like you I have powers too and once a dragon…”

“What happened to you're dragon Luna? Is it okay?” I asked.

“Alex that is not what matters this very second, it's getting dark and you need sleep if we're going to start you're training, if it is okay.” Luna said.

I thought about how Sylavier said that, and I nodded to Luna.

Everyday I would get up and do my chores, than at lunch we would start training. After a few months Luna was like a mother to me, she cared about me and whenever I couldn’t do something she encouraged me.

Now I could heal, send a shield around me, be fireproof, and grow plants. It was amazing, then one day me and Luna left the village on a trip across the forest, and when we came back their was nothing but ruins of buildings, and smoldering fires still burning.

Me and Luna ran to the town and used our powers to be fireproof. We ran everywhere to search for survivors, and I walked into Luna’s house ruins, their was a message it said,

Meet me on mountain ridge tomorrow

night or may everyone and everything

you love and care about be destroyed

It's you're choice not anyone else’s

And come alone.

-Valtour

I read it over and over again and saw a picture of a boy who reminded me of Blake. I said the name, “Blake.” under my breathe. I knew I had to do it, Valtour knows about Blake, Luna, LightFayle, Maxon, and even Sylavier. I couldn’t let them be hurt or worse, killed.

I ran through the village and saw a boy in a burning building, it was Blake. Right as I saw him I ran as fast as I could across town. He was in a corner laying there, lifeless. I ran into the building grabbed him and his teddy bear and blanket. I whispered, “Come on Blake, you can make it, don’t let them take you.”

I ran across a field to get away from the raging fire covering the town. I set Blake down and quickly turned on my healing power, he was still lifeless I pushed hard on his heart. It wasn’t enough power though.

I started yelling, “LUNA HELP ME PLEASE!” I was crying and screaming it repeatedly.

Luna ran over and turned on her healing, of course her powers were much stronger than mine. Blake was covered by the green light of healing powers. I heard his heartbeat once then twice, he was still alive!

He coughed, and opened his eye’s and sat up. I hugged him and said, “Like I promised I will always protect you no matter what.”

“Whaa-” Blake said confusingly, “Alex, I knew you would come back and save me, but the the fire that burnt the town I was almost dead, and who is this?”

“Blake, this is Luna she is a prophecy like me and has powers, she trained me…  and helped me save you. I missed you so much Blake I got to meet the elders from the prophecy, and I'm a queen I guess, but none of that matters now.” I said.

“Nice to meet you Blake.” Luna said.

We we're all sitting in a grassy valley patch and I said, “Luna, I have to tell you something,” We had payed no attention to the village anymore, and she was staring at me, “I, I found a note from Valtour.”

“What, when did you receive it and what does it say?” Luna said quickly.

I looked over at Blake hugging his teddy bear and blanket, “Hey, Blake you mind going over their, me and Luna need to talk about something important.” I said and he nodded and ran off.

“I'm fearing that it is some kind of threat, or something worse.” Luna said staring at the ground.

“Yes, it is a threat,” I pulled out the letter and read it out loud, “Meet me on mountain ridge tomorrow night, or may everyone and everything you love and care about be destroyed. It's you're choice not anyone else’s, And come alone.” I folded the piece of paper and took a breath and said, “Valtour.”

“Oh dear, I am so sorry, I knew this would happen at some point, we need to meet some old friends of mine.” Luna said and hugged me.

“Blake you can come back over here we're done talking.” I yelled, and he ran over to us, “Question how are we going to travel?”

Luna looked up into the sky and said, “By dragon,” A dragon with a green body and brown lines in the middle of the green flew down, “this is LightShard, my dragon.”

Blake just about fainted from excitement. I looked at LightShard and walked around him, “LightShard are you LightFayle’s brother, because you look a lot like her just different color.” I said in my head.

Once I said LightFayle he turned fastly and looked at me and said, “How do you know about LightFayle she died 10 years ago?”
“What, no she didn’t she’s my dragon she’s alive, and can fly, and talk…” I said staring into his eye’s, “why do you think LightFayle died?”

LightShard looked at me and said, “Another dragon pushed her into a pit of lava,” He looked at the sky and said, “Sylavier, that ugly monster did it to her! I searched for years looking for her than I finally let go.”

We we're looking at each other now, “I'm so sorry, but I know she’s alive I saw her about 3 or 4 days ago, and the last memory was of me jumping off her back to save little Blake here.”

I hugged LightShard and got on, so did the others it was Luna, Blake, than me. We put Blake in the middle so he wouldn’t fall off. Blake was so amazed with everything. It was like it was a different world up in the sky, and he had to explore it. He was smiling and laughing, and pointing out funny looking trees or rocks.

A little later he fell asleep, and it was dark out and the stars were shining. I had never seen anything more amazing than billions of stars exploding with colors in the night. No one chasing me, no important jobs, and no rules.

I was awake the whole trip and Luna and Blake we're asleep, and I spoke softly to LightShard, “Don’t worry you will see LightFayle again and soon, I promise and I have never broken a promise to ANYONE.”

“Thank you, Alex you don’t know how much this means to me.” LightShard said turning his head and looking at me than turning back.

We flew a while more and it was about midnight and I said, “I wonder what the world would be like if their was no meanness. What if we didn’t fight to settle things? What if we could do whatever we wanted? What if I could be free and do whatever I wanted?”

“The world is this way for a reason, everything is the way it is for a reason. It's just how it was meant to be.” LightShard said.

Once LightShard landed I grabbed Blake gentle and sat him on a patch of grass than I grabbed Luna and did the same. We we're in a valley somewhere far far away.

“LightShard is it possible for me to fly, without any magic or jetpacks or planes or dragons?” I asked.

“I don’t know my child I don’t know.” LightShard said.

LightShard and me we're sitting in silence for a while, staring at the castle ruins. I locked out LightShard for a little and said, “LightFayle, your here? I'm very sorry for jumping off of your please forgive me…” I heard nothing except silence, “LightFayle please it's been 4 months since I last saw you.” I whimpered.

I heard a sigh then, “Alex, I forgive you but don’t ever do that again! Where are you and who is with your?”

“I’ll never do it again! I'm with Luna and Blake at the ruins of a castle,” I said and not mentioning LightShard, “but I have a question why did the elders call me majesty, and why did Sylavier…” I paused.

“Your a heir to the throne, you will be ruler of the realm! And why did Sylavier what?” LightFayle said.

“Wh- why did Sylavier save me, and how was Maxon here?” I asked.

“Child we will talk later I am almost their.” LightFayle said.

Then I locked her out and looked at LightShard and said,  “My dragons coming I hope you don’t get afraid or attack or anything.”

“Haha I won’t attack I am actually looking forwards to it.” LightShard said.

About twenty minutes passed and LightShard got a bit antsy. I wondered if he remembered what LightFayle looked like or if LightFayle remembered what LightShard looked like. Behind me their was a very very quiet sound I could barely hear. It was LightFayle, and now she had a bracelet on her foot.

LightShard turned and saw her, and LightFayle turned and saw him. They both froze because they didn't know who was the enemy or ally. I was in the middle and if I hadn’t learned before you never want to be between 2 dragons!

“Alex, is this the Luna or Blake you're we're talking about?” LightFayle said.

“No it isn’t either… but don’t hurt him! He’s with us. This is Blake the one I jumped for. Other one is Luna who was like a mother to me.” I said and pointed to Blake and Luna sleeping.

Blake turned and sat up and saw 2 dragons with me in the middle. Then he shook Luna and she sat up and saw 2 dragons with me in the middle.

“Alex, who is the purple and blue dragon?” Blake said running up to me.

“This is my dragon… Luna keep your dragon calm okay.” I said.

“Okay, I guess.” Luna said.

I looked at LightFayle then LightShard, and noticed there bodys we're the same pattern just LightFayle’s is purple/blue/pink and LightShard’s is green/brown. LightShard also had a burn mark on his neck same place/shape/size as LightFayles.

I took a deep breath and said slowly, “LightShard meet LightFayle you’re sister, she’s real and LightFayle meet you’re brother LightShard…” Once I said it they both ran and hugged each other. They both roared loudly, and stopped hugging each other and looked at me and hugged me.

“Oh Alex, how did your know about LightFayle, Shards sister? He never told anyone about it?” Luna said.

“LightFayle is… well… my dragon. I knew they looked alike and his name LightShard. I just have one question why did Sylavier do what he did, and why did he act as my dragon?” I asked.

“I’m so sorry Alex but I must go! Eragon just told me the kingdom was being attacked by Valtours minions! I’m sorry I'm there protecter.” LightFayle said and started to slowly ascend.

“Wait I’ll come with you LightFayle we will be stronger together!” LightShard said. (I may from time to time say Shard or Fayle)

LightShard flew up with LightFayle and they both took off. Now it was just me, Luna, and Blake.

Luna walked over to me and whispered, “I must go to but stay here, no matter what happens stay! And if anyone or anything comes here to hurt your protect Blake with your life, and don’t forget our training.” Than she disappeared into thin air, it was a really cool trick to turn invisible and super speed.

I walked over to Blake and sat next to him his head fell onto my arm and he looked up at the sky. We laughed at funny constellations in the sky which he had pointed out. Then he got very serious.

“Do you think Valtour will defeat us, because I'm scared not of the dragons but of Valtour. And if you do win will you take your crown at the kingdom, or will your choose a successor and throw me out?” Blake said softly.

I looked at Blake and said, “Have I ever broken a promise? You are safe forever with me and I don’t know what I’ll do yet I haven’t gotten that far, and if I do choose to be queen your will be the prince right next to me, and once I’m gone your will rule the kingdom for me” I was still looking at him and hugged him softly he hugged me back.

Last thing I remember was falling asleep, then when I woke up my shield dome was around me and Blake. I looked up and saw Morgridge but luckily I couldn’t hear him so Blake would stay sleeping and not afraid.

I sat up and looked around quickly and quietly, I didn’t know what to do. Than an idea hit me in my training Luna said there are powers that I can do just some may kill me or hurt me because I’m not ready yet.

When we we're training Luna said their was a power that your can divide your shield dome, and make a magic bow appear with arrows. So I breathed in, and out then relaxed my muscles and focused on what I wanted to do.

I thought of dividing my shield dome, one on Blake, the other on me so I can fight Morgridge. Then I opened my eye’s and saw a shield around Blake then another around me. Perfect, now all I needed to do was get the bow… this wasn’t going to be easy.

Morgridge was attacking Blake’s shield dome now he was distracted. I did the same as before I thought of a bow made of the finest wood and arrows that have a power to hurt your even more. It appeared on my back, YES! I did it but now it was time to put the shield down…

I grabbed an arrow and put it in the bow, I was ready. I breathed and took the shield down, aimed and fired. The arrow was so fast and straight it hit Morgridge right in the foot, he roared loudly and tried getting it out but couldn’t. I got another arrow in the bow, Morgridge started flying up and flew away as fast as he could.

I was breathing heavily now I could barely breath though. It felt like my lungs we're closing. Since I wasn’t getting that much air I was getting dizzy. I saw Blake in the dome scratching to get out because he saw the battle. The dome went down and he ran for me, I didn’t know why though.

Then I blinked and I saw the sky, and Blake's head over mine he was saying something though. Then I saw LightFayle land with Luna on her back, Luna ran over to me and picked me up and put me on LightFayle’s back then she grabbed Blake and lifted him.

Then I blinked again and we we're high in the sky. I wondered how long we're my blinks? Next time I blinked I was in a city in a valley and people carrying me to somewhere, then I blinked but it wasn’t a blink I closed my eye’s and relaxed.

Later when my eyes we're still closed I heard voices saying something I heard, “... Your must leave the room…” It was a different unfamiliar voice.

My body had ached all over It hurt so much as to just breath. I couldn’t open my eyes so I waited a while like an hour. Then I found a tiny bit of strength to open my eye’s. When I did open my eyes I saw a bright white light in the ceiling, it was so bright my eyes had watered.

I was afraid to blink, but I did and I stared at the ceiling for a while. Then a doctor came in and talked to me,”Hello young lady, my name is Doctor Mark and I have just a few questions if that is okay?”

I turned my head to face him and nodded, and he sat down.

“Would your care to tell me you're name so we can contact you're parents or relatives?” Doctor Mark said.

I took a breath and said softly, “My name is Alex, and my parents are…” I looked down thinking of them, “gone.”

“Well I'm sorry to hear that Alex, do you have a last name or any relatives alive?” Doctor Mark said.

“I have no last name,” I said a bit louder, “and all of them are dead parents, grandparents, and great grandparents their all gone!” I said then let out a whimper.

Doctor Mark sighed, sat down next to me put his hand on my shoulder and said, “Alex I'm so, so sorry but are you staying with anyone or know anyone to care for you?”

I nodded a no then I thought of Maxon,”Wait actually I know someone Maxon Frederick Lance and how did I get here?” I said.

“We found you in the landfill and your we're bleeding badly luckily someone found you but you were unconscious and Maxon is a really rich kid, we will contact his family right away.” Doctor Mark said writing it on a clipboard and walking out of the room.

I looked at my hand there was something on my finger, and my leg, arm, and foot was bruised. What had happened to me? I would eat meals and sleep then do testing, every day for a week.

Then one day Doctor Mark came in and said, “You are recovering slowly but it is great progress, and we have someone here to see your.” He moved out of the way and Maxon came through once he saw me he ran to the side of the bed.

“What happened?!? You have a black eye and you're all bruised up are your okay?” Maxon said.

“Well, sort of I guess I came about a week ago and don’t know what happened to me. Why are you here?” I said turning my head to him.

“I'm here to take your home and once I heard that you were here I came right away.” Maxon said, “And when I told my parents about you and the landfill they freaked out and I said I just wanted to be a normal kid who will help my friend.”

“Thanks a lot Max, but Doctor may I speak to Maxon alone?” I said and the doctor nodded and walked out of the room, “Max how did your get into the realm and find Sylavier and save me?!?” Then I thought he was… a… a worker of Valtour. My eyes widened Max was tricking me.

Max took a breath and said, “I know it sounds bad but please forgive me! I'm sorry Alex I really am believe me! I wasn’t ever going to hurt you.”

I angrily said, “Max I trusted you! I just have one question how are all these dragons involved?”

“Okay so Gerziax is like a million years old and he had three kids LightPrizma, Slyno, and Mormental. They all had kids to, LightPrizma had LightFayle and LightShard. Slyno had Sylavier and Morgridge…” Max said softly.

I nodded, and said, “What about Mormental’s kids your forgot her and I will forgive you.”

“Oh yeah Mormental’s kids…” Max said looking down at the floor, “Mormental had Valtour and… me…” (Gerziax was one of the first dragons to live)

“Wait what you're Valtours brother!?! So he made you do this?” I said

“Yeah he did but you see I'm a human not a dragon. I remember so well, when I was a young dragon an evil witch came a cursed me and Valtour… the curse turned me into a human and Valtour into a monster.” Max said. (I meant monster as in like villain)

I thought of it wow Max really had it rough, I shouldn’t have been so mean to him. I started coughing because my chest started really hurting badly. I mean it was like a full on stab to the heart feeling. I knew that this wasn’t a good sign.

I was coughing even more and Max moved closer and said, “Are you alright Alex?”

“M-my chest hurts badly.” I said stuttering.

The feeling got worse it was like I was dying, but I was fighting to stay awake. Max had yelled for a doctor one had came. But now I couldn’t give anymore, I couldn’t fight anymore I just let go and relaxed as I did before. All the sounds we're gone.

The Dream

I opened my eyes and looked up, I saw the sun it was pink,red,orange, and yellow. It was beautiful, amazing, and magnificent. I was laying on the ground in a patch of long long grass. I sat up and I was in a valley, no people, no dragons, no kingdoms, or anything. It was just a valley.

I stood up and yelled, “Hello? Anyone here?” No one replied. Where was I and why?

There was but one tree in the whole valley. It looked dead because it had no leave’s in spring. I walked over to it and climbed it in hope to find people, or a kingdom or just anything. One of the branch’s broke so I fell but when I stood up the ground beneath me disappeared. I was falling, and falling. Then I knew it was just a dream… luckily.

After falling everything went black and I had opened my eye’s. I saw Max in a chair next to me sleeping. I saw a clipboard on a table next to me I looked at it and luckily I was only asleep for a day.

I rolled over to face Max and whispered, “Hey Max, is everything okay?”

He opened his eyes slowly and whispered back, “Hey you're awake finally.”

“What happened to me, and why did I pass out?” I whispered softly.

Max took a deep breath and said, “You're lung had started to collapse and fill with liquid which is why you were coughing…”

I thought for a while, how can I know that this isn’t just another dream?

“Max is this a dream or is it real?” I asked slowly.

“Feels like a dream, but sadly it's real life… and these things really had happened…” Max said and looked down.

I sat there and slept, ate, and watched tv with Max at my side the whole time. Ever few hours a nurse would come and check on my vitals. I repeated the same routine eat, sleep, and watch tv for a while.(I would stay up at midnight then sleep for 60 or more minutes then the nurse came)

I was eating my meal and I suddenly stopped because I asked myself, why am I involved in all of this, why do I matter, why can’t I just go back to my normal life?

Max had looked at me and said, “You okay Alex?”
“O-oh yeah I’m fine just wondered why I’m here, why I’m important, and why can't I just go back to my normal life?” I said softly and looked at the floor.

Max sighed and said loudly, “Alex, you know why, yet you ask everyone these questions that only  you the  answer to!” Max had looked dead serious.

“I’m s-sorry I'm not that smart I guess…” I said softly, “I just want to know why Valtour wants me or worse… kill me.”

I just stayed at the hospital for a while because I refused to go home with Max. I was at the hospital for at least I think 29 days so far, but now me, the doctors, nurses, and staff all knew each other! (Thankfully I wear regular clothes t-shirt and jeans)

Every morning I would get up eat my breakfast, do the tests, and watch tv for a little. (Luckily I have recovered so much that I only needed to do two tests a day one at breakfast and other at dinner)

Then after that I would get up and walk a little and say hello to all the staff, nurses, doctors, and volunteers. There was one lady who was a doctor who was extremely nice her name was Allison she was my doctor now instead of doctor Mark.

It was the morning I had just gotten my testing and breakfast done I got up and walked out into the hall, I saw a bunch  of staff and said, “Good morning…”

I walked down the hall a bit further and saw Allison walking towards me. She stopped in front of me and said, “Hey Alex I was wondering, well we we're wondering if your would like to become a staff here and there is a child with leukemia here would you like to see the child?”

I stared blankly and said, “Allison, oh my gosh thank you, and sure I would love to meet this child!”

We walked down a long narrow hallway for a while then we came to a room. Allison said, “Well this child’s name is Blake, he’s a boy, and he’s 6 years old.”

The name Blake ran through my mind again and again. I looked up at Allison she nodded and opened the door. I walked in and she closed the door behind me, it was just me and Blake.

They boy was in a medical bed and had a stuffed elephant in his arms. He looked so sad, scared, and fearful. I felt so bad that he had to go through all these treatments and everything.

I walked over to his bed and sat next to it and said, “Hey my name is Alex.”

He turned to me and said, “My name is Blake, but you can call me Luke my family used to call me that.”

I smiled and said, “Well Luke, it's nice to meet you. Would you by any chance care to be my friend?” He looked at me and I got closer and whispered, “because I’ve been here for a long time and it's not that fun to talk to a wall…”

He giggled and whispered back, “Yes, I know how it feels, but under one condition you be friends with peanut my elephant.”

“Yes, you're kingliness, now shall we watch the jester’s show?” I said laughing and bowing my head towards him. (As a joke)

He laughed and yelled, “Why yes but first I must thee knight guard you!”

I was so confused, “What do you mean by that I think your may have messed that up a bit.”

“Oh yeah but first I need to knight thee you from guard to royal guard!” Luke  yelled he said.

I bowed my head and he took a spoon and knighted me. I came back up and said, “You kingliness I shall protect your for eternity, and from the bananas here there brown and mushy. We shall conquer kingdoms and rule the world!”

He said, “Thank you my knight, but I don’t want the world I just want a family, with a older sister, brother the same age as me, a mommy to take care of me, and a dad to teach me how to hunt and fish.”

“Don’t worry Luke we will find a place for your with the perfect family, and a nice house, with friends.” I said, “Hey Luke do you like the staff here?”

“No not really because I don’t know them they make me feel unsafe…” Luke said.

I looked at him and said, “Well, it just happens so that I could be a staff and maybe your staff, how about that?”

His eyes widened and his mouth dropped and he said, “YES! Yes, yes, yes ,yes ,yes please!”

I got up and said, “Okay Luke be back soon I have to talk to doctor Allison and eat lunch be back soon and don’t forget I will protect your forever.” Then I shut the door and walked to the front desk. I asked the lady where is Allison and she said she was doing surgery on a person it was a surgery to amputate someone's leg. So that usually takes like 5 hours, so I have nothing to do for 5 hours. (The lady at the desks name was Lynda)

I was still standing there and I looked out the window and whispered, “Wow, I haven’t been outside for 29 days… the trees look beautiful without leaves and since when was it winter?”

Lynda looked at me then down and said, “Well, when we found you in the landfill you we're in a t-shirt and jeans, in the middle of winter. We had determined that you were unconscious for a month before we found you. So we found your in the middle of fall, and it's about the 4th day of winter. Sorry sweetie maybe in the spring you can go outside…”

My hopes we're crushed, I felt like I would never see the outside world again. I walked back to my room got a blanket and walked back to Luke’s room. When I opened the door he was eating his lunch probably. (Which I skipped because I felt horrible)

Once I came in Luke smiled and said, “So did you get it, are you my staff?”

“Uh, well I don’t know yet doctor Allison is doing a surgery right now and it will last for about 5 hours.” I said. (Oh and in the valley where I lived it was so hot there never was winter there)

“Well you welcome to stay with me Alex!” Luke said.

I sat at a chair facing a window so I could see a beautiful forest and garden covered in snow. I asked softly, “Luke is it bad if I haven’t been outside for about 59 days? I’ve been stuck in this building for a while…”

“Well no I haven’t been outside in three weeks!” Luke said.

“Um, Luke three weeks is 21 days I haven’t been outside in 59 days, which is about 8 weeks and 3 days.” I said.

Luke looked at the window and said softly, “Well it's the beginning of winter, and the hospital doesn’t let patients outside very often. Usually winter is about 3 months long… so we aren’t getting outside anytime soon Alex.”

I turned back to the window and sighed. “Wish I could just go home, and go outside, but 3 months is about…” I said thinking, “90 days so you're right Luke, we're not going anywhere.”

I stayed with Luke the whole night, while I forgot my lunch, dinner, and night testing. When he was asleep his elephant Peanut fell out of his hands and onto the floor. I was now in the chair next to him, I reached my arm and grabbed Peanut. I stood up and went next to Luke I lifted one of his arms and put Peanut between his arms.

I sat back in the chair, I was going to stay with him all night, and not loose him like how I lost Blake twice, I couldn’t let it happen to Luke. It was around 10:00 and my eyes we're starting to close then I didn’t open them anymore.

Miracle’s

I woke up to a staff shaking me, I looked at a clock by the door it said something around 6:15. I stood up and looked at Luke still sleeping harmlessly. I walked over to him, and kissed his forehead and whispered, “I will see your soon my little friend don’t worry.”

The nurse waved her arm at me which meant I had to go to my room. I walked out into the hall and went to my room. I went down stairs for breakfast and saw a man about 40, with a military jacket on and he had both legs missing and an arm.

I felt so bad for him, I walked over to him smiled and said, “Thank you, sir for fighting for our freedoms.”

He smiled and said in a raspy voice, “Child, I should be the one to thank you for you are the one full of courage, bravery, and truthfulness. My legs and arm were amputated because of 3rd degree burns from a bomb explosion.”

I sat next to him on a chair, and said, “When did you loose them, sir?”
He sighed and said in a quivery voice,  “About 6 years ago… they said I would walk but it never happened… they said I would live a normal life neither did that happen. My mother, father, and sweet sweet sister all died in a car crash a couple of years ago… so I have been trying to find a child to adopt I guess.”

I put my hand on his shoulder and said in a low voice, “You're not the only one… I grew up with my great grandparents watching me then the died around 4 years ago, and I was on my own. My mother died from an illness after I was born, my father, grandma, and grandpa died in a car crash also. I have no relatives alive anymore.”

The man turned his head and stared into my eyes and said, “Raphial, is my name I was sent to afghanistan, to fight. The whole army under my control, it was a normal day there then out of nowhere a  bomb blew up, then another and another, it never stopped… I was the only survivor of the attack. It was like a rain storm of fire and ash. The heat gave me cancer which sadly is why I'm here.”

“My name is Alex.” I said. I thought about Luke, he probably misses me. Then I remembered Luke had leukemia, and then an idea popped into my head, what if Raphial met Luke?

“Well, Alex it was a pleasure to meet you.” Raphial said.

“Wait! I would like you to meet someone special… a little boy, named Blake but likes to be called Luke…” I said staring into his eyes, “he also has a cancer, leukemia.”

Raphial sat for a bit and then nodded to me, I felt so excited like I was going to explode! We ate breakfast and talked, I told him all about Sylavier and the kingdoms and he believed every bit of  it. For some reason I felt like I could trust him.

Once we we're done Raphial asked if I would throw away his plate so I did. I wheeled his wheelchair to the front desk lady and asked, “Hey Lynda, you know Raphial don’t you, well I was wondering if he could meet… um.. well, Blake?”

She looked at Raphial and said, “Well I guess so, go ahead.”

I smiled at her and pushed Raphial’s wheelchair, down the hall.

Singing Songs

As we we're walking down the hall which it was a long long walk to Luke’s room, I started to hum. I hummed a song that I remember my dad sang to me before… I hummed the whole time softly, and Raphial didn’t say a word.

Once we got there  we we're still in the hallway and Raphial said, “Oh Alex, that was beautiful how did you learn to sing Brahms’ Lullaby like that?”

I looked down at him and said, “What, that's a real song I thought that was just something my dad sang to calm me…” I felt saddened I opened the door and said, “Good morning, my kingliness, I have brought a friend of mine.”

Luke jumped up on his bed and said, “Alex, I thought you would never come back! What's your friend's name?”

Raphial was staring at Luke’s face, “Y-you look just like him, Matthew my best friend who died in the attack.”

Luke turned and stared at Raphial, and whispered, “Matthew, my daddy, died in attack, but me never told anyone who are you?” A single tear came down his cheek

Raphial said softly, “Matthew was the closest person I had, he was a brother to me. I was the only one who made it out of that attack alive. I searched for 3 years for him, but I had to stop because all the rubble and gases gave me cancer.”

Luke jumped off the bed, ran and hugged Raphial. He said, “Matthew was last person in my family alive, and he never got to meet me. I have leukemia cancer to.”

I looked at those two, it was destiny that they may meet. It was amazing how they ended up with each other…

Luke ran, and jumped to hug me and whispered quietly, “Thank you, Alex I don’t know how you did it but thank you. Now my brother will always be with me.” (Just reminding you Raphial is not his brother, but Luke’s brothers best friend but Luke's father Matthew died in the attack)

I set Luke down and said, “Well, I have to leave for some work I have, so you two can talk with each other. Bye!’ I walked out of the room, a sigh of relief went through my body. I didn’t really have work to do, but I really just wanted to let those two be.

I walked to the front desk and said, “Hey Lynda, looks like a busy day need any help?”

Lynda looked up and then looked down at her things, “Sure Alex, can you sort those papers?” I nodded and she smiled back, “Wonderful and thanks for helping out around here.”

Creatures of Wonder

I got done with sorting papers so I decided to draw. I drew a picture of Sylavier, then I wondered if I would ever be able to apologize to him for all I’ve done.

I took a breath and whispered, “I will find all of you and make all of this right.”

I started to shade it in with pencil and Lynda came over and said, “Wow, Alex where did you get such a creative mind?!”











I looked up to her and said, “Wow thanks, and sometimes it's not fake.”

I got up and went to my room, I sat on the bed and thought. What if I take my throne or whatever and let Raphial, Luke, Luna, and Blake stay in the castle with me! We would all be a family, and plus I’ve already told Raphial and Luke about it.

Why not, just there's one problem I don’t know how to get to the realm, but I do know where the valley is. I could bring Raphial and Luke there and get Sylavier.

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day, then when it was about midnight I heard someone yelling my name. It was Luke and he was crying and screaming. I immediately sat up, I grabbed my sweatshirt and put it on.

I opened the door and ran through the halls, I ran past the front desk and Lynda yelled something at me but I didn’t listen. I ran through every obstacle there was. I got to Luke’s room, I opened the door and saw him screaming, and crying. There was a nurse and staff trying to calm him down but nothing worked.

I ran to his side and said, “Please leave I can calm him down for you.”

The ladies we're hesitant but left and shut the door behind them. Luke was still screaming and crying.

I wiped a tear from his face and sang softly, “Hush little birdy don’t make a sound, because mama’s going to protect you forever, and if someone tries to hurt you they will have to go through me, hush little birdy don’t make a sound because mama’s going to buy you a dragon friend.”

He sat up and hugged me, and cried into my shoulder. He said, “Al-ex p-please sing it again.”

So I sang it for hours until he was asleep, he slept in my arms with his elephant and blanket. I stayed up the whole night and watched over him and when he started to move I sang again to him.

It was about 7:45 and a staff walked in and saw him in my arms sleeping softly, but it wasn’t a staff it was doctor Allison.

She walked over and whispered, “You can stay but you need some sleep to and don’t forget breakfast. Oh and you're the new staff here because you're the closest person to him and can calm him.” She walked out and I smiled, I felt so joyful.

My eyes started to slowly close, then they closed finally, with Luke still in my arms.

Willow Tree’s

The dream was colorful, I awoke in a tree where 2 branches split. It was a willow tree and it was pink, the wind blow so gently so the tree would sway. I sat up and tried to climb down, the trees branches started to move.

They swayed then they touched the ground so I could walk down it. Then when the tree moved back to it's original place I saw a burned letter in it, “You know that you missed the meeting Alex and for that Luna and Blake shall pay. Or you could give me something, you're life!”

I gently touched the tree and healed the burns and whispered, “Since you helped me I helped you.”

Then I heard a dark raspy voice, “Alex, my dear where have you been? I’ve began to think that you’d let you're friend's die, but I mean it would be fun to watch. Oh and that precious Maxon of your’s must go to!”

It was Valtour, I turned and said, “You don’t scare me and you can’t, I forgive you from this it's not your fault. It was that stupid witch she cursed you, and please Valtour if you stop right now I will let you live in the castle with me.”

Valtour yelled back, “Foolish girl I will never change even my brother understood that!”

Then the voice was gone and I opened my eyes.

“Alex you awake, I brought you some breakfast.” Luke whispered, and Raphial was behind him in his wheelchair.

I yawned, I looked at the clock it was 9:14 I only got about 2 and a half hours of sleep but I was starving. “Thanks I am pretty hungry, did you get any sleep at least Luke?” I said softly then taking a drink of orange juice.

He shrugged his shoulders and said, “A bit… I guess… but after you came… I felt… well… safe from him.”

I drank all the orange juice and said, “What do you mean, safe from him? Who’s him?” I could tell something was wrong even Raphial barely said anything.

He sat up on his hospital bed and said, “Well, the man or… had my brother tied up… and he, he killed my brother and said he would kill me to if you didn’t return…”

I looked at him, finally it all made sense, Valtour captured his brother Matthew didn’t die in the attack, but how would that work Raphial said he saw Matthew die? “Raphial, may I talk to you in the hall alone?” I said and he nodded.

We walked outside into the hall and he said, “Alex what do you need, make it fast please…”

I kneeled down, put my hand on his shoulder and said, “Raphial your need to tell me everything that happened to... before he… left.”

He looked at me and said, “Alright, when he first got shot with a stun bullet he couldn’t move. So I moved and shot everyone who came near him, then a fire bomb from an airstrike blew up. Mat was still stunned and paralysed I was 20 feet away from him, and a black portal hole type of thing formed under him, and… and… he fell in…”

I was starting to cry then I said, “Raphial there is still a chance that… he… could.... well be alive.”

I hugged him and he hugged me back, I wiped my tears and went back into the room. I sat down and ate my breakfast while Luke watched SpongeBob, and Raphial talked with Luke. We we're already a perfect family, but there is one thing… how were they all linked to Valtour, must be the thread of destiny.

Then I remembered what doctor Allison said and I said to Luke, “Hey guess what Allison said! I’m the new staff for you Luke!”

He turned and dropped Peanut, his mouth dropped and he started to scream, “YESSSS!!!” Then I knew he was as excited as me.

Mysteries to be solved

I finished my breakfast and a staff told me everything I need to do. So later I did his tests which the funny thing is I also still had to do tests to.

I have to give him a shot for the flu so I sat next to him and wiped his arm. I was about to put it in his arm and I said, “Remember my kingliness just don’t think of it and it won’t hurt all right?” He nodded slowly and closed his eyes, “1… 2… 3…” And I put it in.

He turned after a minute and opened his eyes. “What are you waiting for Alex?” He said.

I looked at him and said, “Luke I’m already done I’ve been done for like a minute.” H stared at me blankly and giggled.

I sat down and we watched SpongeBob for a while. “Hey Luke what's the point of SpongeBob, I mean why is he important?” I asked.

Luke turned and acted like he was a nerd and said, “Well, the main purpose for SpongeBob is to be awesome, but scientifically it is most definitely impossible unless you're me!” He laughed.

“Wow, how did you even know what some of those words are?” I said confusingly.

Luke replied with, “Well I’ve been in here for a while and they decided to homeschool me then I got cancer so they hospital-homeschool me I guess.”

Wow Luke is sort of turning into me I guess with the schooling part.

I walked out, and went to the front desk where Lynda was standing.

“When Lynda?” I asked boldly.

She turned and said, “When what Alex, use full sentences please.”

I stared and said, “When can we leave this place, when can we go home.”

She sighed, and sat down and looked at the papers on her desk. “Y-you can’t leave… none of you have families you lucky we're keeping your kids and not sending you to social services. Also Alex we know who you are, your Alex… Folkov.”

I stared at her blankly. That word Folkov I remembered but from where? I never knew my own last name but how did she? My parents technically didn’t exist, there is no files or documents on them.

I was the only one to have a written document of, but it didn’t make sense.

The Flashback

It was a normal summer day, the wind blowing so gentle against my face. My dad holding me, and my mom setting up the food for a picnic. My dad was pretending I was an airplane and he was making airplane sounds.

“Honey, be careful with the baby I don’t want our little princess to get hurt.” My mom said softly.

My dad sighed and said, “Fine, but we’ll play airplane later, almost done Adeline with the food?” My dad gentle set me down and kissed my mom on the check.

“Victor, hold you're horses I’m just about done.” My mother said.

I felt happy now that I at least knew their names, Victor and Adeline Folkov. Maybe… just maybe there was some documents on them or files or something that would let me track down my family, or if… anyone else is still alive.

My dad grabbed me and held me up and whispered, “You my sweetheart will make the finest queen ever and you will eventually find a king, and will live happily ever after.”

My dad had a pendant around his neck, it was a dragon of some type. He turned looked at my mom and quickly put the pendant around my neck. (Of course it didn’t fit because I was about 7 months old but I remember it so clearly)

My mom walked back to the car for something, and that's when I usual stop remembering what happened, but that didn’t happen this time.

My dad held the pendant in his hand and said something, but this time I remember what he said, “Dear Alex, I know you're in grave danger but you must know that you're mother and I love your with all of our hearts. Yes you will hear some terrible things in the future but it's because we love you. This pendant will open a gateway to the land of the Forgotten realm, you must rule them, you must face you're fears, and your must see even in the darkest of people there is always good.”

My mom got sick and died about a month later, and my dad gave my great grandma the pendant and told her to give it to me when it was the right time. When my dad and grandparents supposedly died in a car crash my great grandma gave it to me. Then she died as well.

Magic’s Doorway

When my great grandma died, she gave me the pendant and told me it had been in our family for several generations, and she would always be with me. She said it would guide me when I needed help the most and protect me forever.

I suppose now that it might be the reason I went to the kingdoms. Like my father said it would take me to the Forgotten Realm? I guess where the kingdoms we're was the Forgotten Realm, but does that mean there could be more realms?

I have always worn my pendant necklace, it gives me courage, bravery, and hope. But now, it wasn’t around my neck.

I processed it all into my mind in a split second. I reached up at my neck, and felt nothing.

I turned to Lynda and said, “Uh… can I just… uh… go to my room to think about all of this?” She nodded and I walked away to my room.

I sat in pure silence, staring at a window, and had my hand where my pendant used to be. Ever so often a staff member would come check on me and see how I was doing.

The hospital thought I must’ve been bored so they gave me a laptop. It was supposed to be for starting college, but I’d play games to.

I grabbed my laptop and typed in Encyclopedia. I clicked on the first link. I saw the search bar and typed in, Victor Folkov. This is what came up,


Victor Folkov

Date of birth: May 27,1974

Age/Gender: 28/Male Deceased at age 28

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 167 LBS

Blood Type: O

Hair: Brown, Short

Eyes: Light Blue

Skin: White

Cause of death: Murder

Kin/Spouse: Adeline Folkov, Alex Folkov

I was so surprised this must’ve been the only document on him. I quickly read it then read it over and saw, Cause of death: Murder. There was no car crash, it was a murder.

Before my great grandpa died he taught me how to hack into systems, and he demonstrated on how to hack NASA. He was very successful at it.

I went back to google and typed in Victor Folkov Murder of 2002. This is what came up,


Victor Folkov murdered last night. The crime scene was very clean, no handprints anywhere. The murderer had stabbed Folkov 9 times, 1 in each arm and leg, and 5 in the chest. Folkovs injuries were fatal, but by the time he got into the ambulance he had bleed to death.

Through investigation the cops have came up with a case. That Folkov was doing something, and the murderer broke in and stabbed him once in the chest. Then after a strangle Folkov grabbed the knife and cut the murderer, the murderer then got angry and stabbed him each in one of Folkovs arms and legs to pin him down. Then killed him.


I was crying. I couldn’t read anymore so I quickly shut my laptop. I never wanted to touch it again.

“Don’t worry daddy, I will find who…hurt you.” I whispered softly.

I was now breathing heavily.

Answers Come

I sat in my bed for the rest of the day.

Then around 6:00pm I grabbed my laptop and  went back to google and typed in, 2011 afghanistan bomb raid Missing. This article came up,


Air raid last night at Fort Kiwath. Number of dead, 268. Number of injured, 2. Number of Missing, 1. Raphial Plexico was the only survivor that we know of. Matthew Arroyo is Missing, any sign of him please contact the local authorities immediately within 24 hours.


Obviously that was written in 2011, but it said there we're 2 injured, and they wouldn’t say a missing was injured because the missing could’ve been killed. Maybe the other survivor didn’t want to be famous or something. Maybe it was one of Raphial’s friend's.

I hacked into the government's secret files easily. Then typed in, survivors of 2011 afghanistan bomb raid. 2 people came up one Raphial Plexico and the other unidentified. The unidentified person had a email address under the name, I clicked on it.

It took me to a website with this written on it,


Hello, if you are seeing this it means you have hacked into the government. My name is, Quinten Roderick Theadus and I am a survivor of the 2011 Afghanistan bomb raid. Everyone thinks i'm dead, but I am not as you can see. The other survivor Raphial Plexico was one of my dearest friend's so was Matthew. Please if you can tell Raphial I am alive and okay. But do not tell anyone else I am alive. My mission is to find Matthew. Me, Raphial, and Matthew knew their was something more to our world, and there was. We found out that there was different realms, but no one believed us. Me, Raphial, and Matthew would adventure into the realms and discover everything in them. The only reason we we're able to go into the realms was because we are just like you. Our ancestors we're royal blood just like yours Alex. But the thing is, Raphial, Matthew, Victor, and me we’re brothers. That is all I can say Alex for now I'm sorry, email me when you see this. [email protected]

I wrote down the email on a piece of paper. Surprisingly you’d think I wouldn’t even know what the internet was but I even have an email. But what did it say? It says German so maybe it's German I guess?

I looked at google and typed it in and it translated to, Be Safe Alex, Promise me.

I went to my email and typed in the search, [email protected]. A user came up but they didn't have a profile picture, but there was a little envelope button that said mail, and I pressed it.

I typed in,

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Topic: Q&A time


Please uncle help me, I am with Raphial. We are both stuck at a hospital with Luke. (Blake Matt's son) I haven’t told Raphial about you yet or Luke. But please come I don’t understand any of this… help I feel not safe like someone is watching me.

-Alex


It felt good to say that but if they we're brothers that would me Luke's my cousin!?!  Then I got a message back.


To:Alex

From: Uncle

Topic: OK


Alex don’t worry I know where you are, and thank you for not telling Raphial or Luke yet. I was getting a bit worried about that. I will come tomorrow to pick you up. Here’s the plan I will come and say I’m one of your father's friend's. The woman will call you down to see if you know me. Then your say “No… wait I recognize that face… I remember now John!” The lady will let you come with me for a day then you must return. Okay?


I messaged back Okay. Finally I will leave this place for a bit, but Luke what will he do?

Tomorrow

I woke up and ate breakfast then went to Luke's room. He was laying in bed watching tv with Peanut. He saw me and I sat in the chair next to him.

“Hey bud, just so you don’t get scared or think I’m missing one of my dad's long friend's is going to pick me up today, but… but I will be back by dinner okay?” I said.

“Okay but pinky swear you will come back?” Luke said.

“Yes I promise I will, why wouldn't I?” I said.

He turned and looked down at the floor. “Well because they promise they will come back… but they never do…” He said. Which I knew he was thinking about Matthew.

Once Luke told me that when he was at the hospital a girl his age had leukemia cancer to. They became fast friends and we're fighting the cancer together, but then one day the girl got very ill and became weak. Though Luke stood by her side the whole time. When the girl was recovering she got sick once more.

This time she wasn’t so lucky, she got so sick she could hardly talk, open her eyes, or even move. Though still Luke was by her side the whole time.

One day the girl talked and said, “Blake I’m scared.”

Luke held her hand and said, “Don’t be scared, you will live. Someone will find a cure to help us someday, but you have to keep fighting until you win.”

The little girl said back, “No Blake, I’m not scared about what will happen to me I already know what will happen to me. I'm scared of what will happen to you when I'm gone.

The next day… she died. Luke was so sad that his best friend had died he shut everybody out, and stopped taking his medicine.

The brave little girl who fought for her life, who was Luke’s only friend, and who never gave up on anything, name was Marcy.

I left Luke’s room, and walked for the front desk. There Uncle Quin was standing there, right on time!

Lynda looked at him and turned to me. She said, “Alex, my dear do you now this young man?”

Now it was my turn to act but I couldn’t mess this up. I looked at him and said, “Well, Lynda… I don’t recognize him,” I stared at my Uncle harder then said, “wait I recognize him… could it be? John, is that you?”

He winked and said, “Oh Alex, how have you been, I haven’t seen you in so long! Infact last time I saw you was when you were a toddler! My, my how tall you are, and you look just like your mother, if only she could see you now.”

Lynda took a long stare at him. She sighed and said, “Well, I guess you do know each other, but she must be back within 12 hours okay?”

My mouth dropped open, and I ran and hugged Lynda. “Thank you Lynda thank you.”

I stepped over to my Uncle. He put his arm around me and we walked to the front door.

When we got to the front door Uncle Quin stopped. (I may say Uncle Quin or Quin) “Alex it's too cold outside for no jacket so I brought you one!” Uncle Quin said and pulled a leather jacket out of a bag he was holding.

I stared in awe. “W-wow, Uncle Quin y-you thank your, no one's ever gotten me anything like this.” I put the jacket on, it fit perfect.

I looked at it and there was a little pin on it. The pin had the same symbol of a dragon as my pendant necklace. I rubbed it and it made me feel safe again.

“Now come on Alex we only have 12 hours!” He yelled jokingly.

I followed him. I looked back and saw the hospital room where Marcy had lived, empty as usual. Then before I turned back I looked closer and saw a little girl in the window, I blinked and she was gone.

Everything outside was so beautiful, because it was covered in white glittering snow. It's was so cold we could see our breath.

“Quin, when will someone explain what I need to do, when will they tell me, help me, explain to me?” I said looking down.

He sighed. “Alex… no one ever will tell you, because the reason why you were picked too be a prophecy was because, you're smarter than everyone else. You remember everything, you are smart, clever, and extremely intelligent. Oh yeah and what you're  starting college at 13!?! If that isn’t smart too you than I don't know what is.” Quin said.

I stopped. I felt anger boiling up inside of me, ready too burst out. “Where we're you!” I yelled.

He stopped too and turned too me. He had a confused look on his face. “Wait what, where was I for what Alex?” He said confusingly.

“Where we're you when I was outside all alone, no one too protect me, no one too teach me, no one too care for me! I thought everyone I ever loved was dead, for 4 years!And if you have the nerve too think I will forgive you your wrong!” I turn around back too the hospital.

“Please Alex I’m sorry, I had too… I had too search for Matthew.” Quin said.

“Good luck with that, it's useless unless you have me and Luke!” I yell back.

Regrets

I went back too my room in the hospital. Ugh I regret doing that! I suppose, I could… well… tell Luke that we… are cousins and Raphials our uncle, and so is Quin. Maybe I shouldn’t I don't really know. Okay first I’ll talk too Raphial.

I breath in, and walk down the hallway. I see Raphial eating lunch/breakfast in the lunchroom. I walk over too him.

“Hey Alex, where did you get that new jac-” He paused and stared at the pin.

“Raphial that's what I’ve came too talk about. I know everything you're me and Luke's uncle, you Matt, Quin, and Victor we're all brothers. I know that you were the only survivor, but you weren’t Quin survived.” I said slowly, even though it was still hard for me too process.

He stared into my eyes and knew I was being serious. “A-Alex how do you know all of t-this?”

“Quin told me himself, It's okay shh-shh.” I whispered and Raphial started too cry. I rubbed his head like my dad did when I was a baby it always calmed me.

“Alex, I’m sorry for never being there for you, you're father wanted us too protect you.” Raphial said softly.

“I know what I must do, and I don’t have any idea how too but that is what destiny is for, and I’m ready too lead a kingdom.” I said.

“Alex, why are you willing too do this?” Raphial said.

“Because I must protect those who cannot fend for themselves I must lead those who are tired of waiting, I must help the scared and poor, and I must help free Valtour of his curse.” I said boldly.

“Alex how do you know all of this?” Raphial asked again impatiently.

I shrugged and said, “Well, I sort… of… went too the realm. I met a boy named Maxon, and I met a dragon Sylavier, then I met LightFayle and LightShard the dragons, then I met Morgridge, then I met Blake and another prophecy, then I went too the kingdom and ranaway.”

Once I said all of that, I regret leaving that kingdom. I felt sorry for Luna, Blake, LightShard, LightFayle, Sylavier, Max, and even Valtour.

Raphial stared. “Isn’t there only 2 prophecy's alive right now?” He said.

I was confused but I remember Luna telling me something about that. “Yeah, I think.” I replied.

Raphial looked up at me. “Alex if that is true, you're a prophecy so that means there's only one more prophecy, Lunar.” He said.

In my head I thought, oh my gosh how does he know Luna!?! It was silent for a second then I said, “How do you know Luna? She was my mentor too help me control and learn my powers.”

Raphial took a deep breath and said, “Lunar or Luna was… well… Matthew's wife. I never knew if she was alive or not.”

I put my hand on my hip, and said, “Anything else you should probably tell me?”

He said back, “Well quite frankly yes, Blake or Luke had a brother, his brother's name was Luke. The two loved each others name so much they switched names. But when Matthew told his wife she was in danger, she had too move too the realm. But she could only take one person, she took Blake.”

I stared I was speechless. “Raphial can I please go tell Luke about this?”

He nodded! I ran all the way too Luke's room, and opened the door. Luke was sitting up watching tv again.

“Hey man, I have great news to tell you!” I said happily.

He smiled and said, “What? What? Tell me, tell me, please!”

I sat at the end of his bed. “Luke you're family is alive and some are in this building.”

He stared at me. “Who? Where?!” He yelled.

I laughed and said, “One’s in this room Luke. I’m you're cousin! And Raphial is both of our uncle’s, and I’ve met you're mother and brother.”

He jumped up and hugged me. “Thank you Alex I missed them and thought they would never come back like daddy.” He whispered.

“Luke, your mom is alive.” I said.

“What?!?” He said.

“Yes, and so is you're brother Blake.” I said and smiled.

“What, oh my gosh Blake.” He said happily.

© 2016 Sylvia


Author's Note

Sylvia
I am not finished with this story yet, please tell me if my grammar is wrong because i am bad at grammar. What do you think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on August 18, 2016
Last Updated on August 18, 2016

Author

Sylvia
Sylvia

Wherever I go, WI



About
I go by the fake name Aura Quartz. I will always read your writing if you ask! Been to some pretty dark places, and writing has gotten me out. more..

Writing
Normal Alice Normal Alice

A Story by Sylvia